Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 280956 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2010, 09:20:19 PM »
So many lists. You guys have one y'all can agree on by tourney time? Hope the ppl who are doing this are prepared because if not, we'll see a lot of scrubby gameplay and or one sided matches.

Last week, I proposed that everyone post their list THAT night.  That was 4 days ago, it was meant to be discussed over the phone that night but by request, was asked to be posted on the forums.  It's a little irritating that it's taking this long but it's like herding cats right now .

@The Answer.  Let's roll with it, any decisive decision is better than none (oh and there's at least 2 other Liz players I just can't remember who now...I remember thinking you were the best of the three by far but there were 3.  Maybe that was weeks ago, oh well).  For the record, I agree with your tier listing although the sidenote of Raiden being GodTier I don't agree with, I think he's damn strong, needs balancing, but I don't think he's the best.  I think, TO ME,  K', Kula, Liz is more of a pain in the ass than Raiden.

EDIT: We decided to give the benefit of the doubt to the players that have yet to voice their opinion, but have said they are participating in the ratio system--to make it a 6 point tourney just so they have a bit more choices.  Note, 1pt and 0pt combined is 18 characters so that should be plenty to choose from if they choose a 5pt character (and 20 characters to choose from if they only have a 4pt character).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:22:23 PM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2010, 09:25:45 PM »
Cool then is all set, 6 points sounds fair even thou my team will be 5 points tops.

I really want to see someone tear it up with a 0 point team.
I will try to deliver, I have an alternate 0 point team but I can promise anything.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 18, 2010, 10:21:53 PM »
*-K'
4-Kula,Raiden,Andy,Elizabeth
3-Iori,Shen,Robert,Kyo
2-Yuri,Benimaru,Takuma,Kim(accidently put him at 1)
1-Ash,Terry,Leona,Chin,King
0-Maxima,Goro,Joe,Duo,Clark,Athena,Mature,Ryo,Kensou,Ralf,Hwa,Vice,Mai

I believe this to be a fair Ratio for everyone at AI.

I'll edit this later with a side note on the character placement.

Most of the characters i put into certain #s because I think thats where they place as a character in general (* and 4 mainly).

The rest would be character usage at AI.
<3>
Ioro- Should be at 4 but lacks usage.
Shen- Is where he should be as character even with the people using him at AI. (Don't see him better or as good as the characters ranked 4+)
Robert- I would've ranked at 2 but enough people use him to make him a 3.
Kyo- He is a solid character and has everything (xups, overheads, fireball, dp), but his character being very basic makes him predictable. It can be up for debate but I would have more problems playing against the 4s than Kyo.

<2>
Yuri- Only 2 people use Yuri, and only one effectively :) (no i wouldn't rank her at 3 because she isn't as easy to use as those in 3) If anything, I'd put her at 4 if everyone could use Yuri to her full potential.
Benimaru- Difficult to use, but the people that can use him makes him 2.
Takuma- I seriously don't see what the fuss is about. I've used takuma, even with his glitch, he isn't a very good character. He one of the worst defense while in the corner. If you know how to close in the gap correctly while hes playing keep away, he's cake.
Kim- Solid character but can be difficult to use in certain match ups. Only 3 people use him at AI so this would be a fair rank.

<1>
Ash- I would seriously rank as 3, but not enough people play him (and the ones that do aren't a big threat haha yes i went there)
Terry- Very hard character to use, even to his full potential he would be at most 1.5 because it does take skill to use terry effectively. (Just because Mr.KoF can use him very well, doesn't mean he should be a 2 or 3.... or dooooes it???)
Leona- Not enough people use Leona, I would rank her at 2 just as a character.
Chin- (refer to the comment about Terry).
King- King should be at 2, but not enough people use her...

<0>
Most of these characters aren't use enough. And others should stay at 0.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2010, 03:29:11 AM »
The only character I disagree with is Terry. He is same as Chin in terms of damage potential, but Terry is easier to use IMO.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2010, 02:24:27 PM »
The only character I disagree with is Terry. He is same as Chin in terms of damage potential, but Terry is easier to use IMO.

Terry has no gimmicks in the game. Even REYNALD agrees that it isn't easy winning with Terry.Also, there are only two terry users at AI.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2010, 05:01:17 PM »
Terry has no gimmicks in the game. Even REYNALD agrees that it isn't easy winning with Terry.Also, there are only two terry users at AI.

Getting Off Topic but, I was disagreeing moreso about the character versus Chin (not his ranking).  Terry has range, Terry has high low games (Chin does too but he has to get in first and with the lack of range+floaty jump you kinda lose half that game--he does have wake up hi-low games, I'll give you that), Terry has hit-confirmable two hitters with two command attacks (The Answer, metaphysics and I were just saying how some characters don't even have command attacks (Mai, Kensou etc...) while Robert and Terry has two lol), easier crossover due to range, real anti-air, a projectile, good pokes and so forth.  He's easier to use than Chin for sure, is he a "easy" character, not like Robert, Andy, Liz but he's still an easy character overall; most new players will try to pick up Terry due to his familiarity and ease of use.  (BTW, this is not to take away how well YOU use him)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:05:19 PM by Kane317 »

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2010, 11:30:37 PM »
well then i guess i have no other choice but to use raiden!!jajaja nah jk.im liking the lists so far.i just think that terry should be moved to 3.jajaja sorry john,thats just my opinion.

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 20, 2010, 01:25:24 AM »
You know, just go with any point system. Doesn't matter to me.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 20, 2010, 04:50:16 AM »
You know, just go with any point system. Doesn't matter to me.

Yeah same, but I think we're going with the one that Oscar posted last.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 21, 2010, 05:09:09 PM »
Hey Yoshi, I don't have a problem with you using Raiden if you are not going to be using the drop kicks, I know you mentioned the other day that you've using him since 12. Raiden should be 2 points without drop kicks.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 21, 2010, 05:23:01 PM »
Hey Yoshi, I don't have a problem with you using Raiden if you are not going to be using the drop kicks, I know you mentioned the other day that you've using him since 12. Raiden should be 2 points without drop kicks.

I don't have any problems with you using Raiden, no restrictions on my part Yoshi.

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 21, 2010, 09:35:51 PM »
Mature's pre-patch infinite > Raiden's drop kick. It seems like ppl are afraid of that kick because not that many people here can use him as effectively as my bro and jon. I'd prefer 16 seconds of not worrying about instant death than Mature's meter building/time consuming infinite. Too bad this game was patched up.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 21, 2010, 11:11:52 PM »
Mature's pre-patch infinite > Raiden's drop kick. It seems like ppl are afraid of that kick because not that many people here can use him as effectively as my bro and jon. I'd prefer 16 seconds of not worrying about instant death than Mature's meter building/time consuming infinite. Too bad this game was patched up.

Totally agreed.  Mature's infinite was way worse than the DK.  I think he still needs some sort of balancing but I don't have a problem with people using Raiden.  K' is still, overall, worse. I know Ash disagrees with me as we had a lengthly discussion yesterday about Raiden vs K', one thing I just wanted to add is that I play against two K'es a lot (The Answer and Ash) and back then some Raidens, whereas you only playing against one K' user basically (I know there are others) so that's where my K' > Raiden perspective comes from.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 22, 2010, 10:47:44 AM »
not really relative to the running conversation, but i'll be at AI a bit tomorrow afternoon till whenever depending on the crowd. i want to try out some other characters just to see how that pans out.

also, i'm probably pushing my schedule by heading out there on saturday, though i probably won't participate.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2010, 11:09:11 AM »
not really relative to the running conversation, but i'll be at AI a bit tomorrow afternoon till whenever depending on the crowd. i want to try out some other characters just to see how that pans out.

also, i'm probably pushing my schedule by heading out there on saturday, though i probably won't participate.

It's all good, we were getting OT as usual anyways.  You really should participate, but if you're not, at least stop by and show your support :)  (Heck it's only $8 entrance fee, $3 of which goes to AI by default)

Played John 1v1 for awhile today, come to think of it I haven't played him like that in awhile and it's always a humbling experience as he straights you constantly.  I don't really say this enough, but Mr. Kof is damn good.  GG John. =)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:13:11 AM by Kane317 »