Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 278032 times)

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #285 on: October 25, 2010, 11:29:54 PM »
I'm not complaining on my overall performance in the tourney. All the credit to Romance and Meta for beating me. I tried my best and I lost. I'm just saying next tourney everyone should go all out.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 25, 2010, 11:38:46 PM »
I'm not complaining on my overall performance in the tourney. All the credit to Romance and Meta for beating me. I tried my best and I lost. I'm just saying next tourney everyone should go all out.

That's more like a responsible player.  I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was, but I'll take my losses, give credit where it's due (GG, to those who beat me, I'm trying to leave out the name so the match outcomes aren"t revealed, and work harder on my game.)

The reason I said it sounded like you were complaining is coz you said it takes time and money for people to learn new characters etc...once again, it was OPTIONAL to take part in the point system.  Maybe people was over-confident in their abilities to win with new characters.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:41:14 PM by Kane317 »

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 25, 2010, 11:39:49 PM »
I'm actually rather disappointed in the both of you, not in your performance, but your complain like sore losers.

is this referring to me? i was joking about the footage concerning my match. i even said it would be good for me to watch it. i even admitted how badly i lost and apologized how i was so upset with the way i played that i didn't even bother to congratulate realkim for almost OCVing me twice in a row. either way, i can admit that the outcome of my matches were due to my own lack of skill. i'm not blaming it on anything else, so i'd hope to not be included in your previous statement.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 25, 2010, 11:41:59 PM »
I'm actually rather disappointed in the both of you, not in your performance, but your complaints like sore losers.

Is this referring to me? i was joking about the footage concerning my match. i even said it would be good for me to watch it. i even admitted how badly i lost and apologized how i was so upset with the way i played that i didn't even bother to congratulate realkim for almost OCVing me twice in a row. either way, i can admit that the outcome of my matches were due to my own lack of skill. i'm not blaming it on anything else, so i'd hope to not be included in your previous statement.

No this is for Oscar and RJ.  Sorry, thought it was specific enough but I do apologize.  I wouldn't do such a personal attack unless I knew them pretty well heh.  We're all friends, so they'll prolly pissed at me now but it's all good.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:44:14 PM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 25, 2010, 11:45:39 PM »
Like I said in my first post, I had fun and congratulations to the winners. Yes I could have used my main team but I don't see the honor in beating a handicapped opponent and if I recall from the beginning we said that this tournament was for fun and kicks and nothing was going to be reported and I said "I'm down". Now hopefully that stament stands and my request is respected.

@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 25, 2010, 11:50:41 PM »
Like I said in my first post, I had fun and congratulations to the winners. Yes I could have used my main team but I don't see the honor in beating a handicapped opponent and if I recall from the beginning we said that this tournament was for fun and kicks and nothing was going to be reported and I said "I'm down". Now hopefully that stament stands and my request is respected.

It was for fun, (most ppl that stayed behind agreed it was so much fun) but I don't recall ever saying the results not being reported.  As for not posting up your video, I suppose you can talk to whoever you played because they have a right to have their match uploaded--of course if he or she agrees I respect any request (I suspect they'll agree with you anyways but it's more out of courtesy to both parties).  

On that note, I have to find out what Scott is doing coz he mentioned he's not going to upload them to YouTube directly this time, I think he mentioned something about uploading to a server and we get to download and upload the matches we want, I'll talk to him about it so we have more control over it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:56:49 PM by Kane317 »

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 25, 2010, 11:56:47 PM »
I'm actually rather disappointed in the both of you, not in your performance, but your complaints like sore losers.

Is this referring to me? i was joking about the footage concerning my match. i even said it would be good for me to watch it. i even admitted how badly i lost and apologized how i was so upset with the way i played that i didn't even bother to congratulate realkim for almost OCVing me twice in a row. either way, i can admit that the outcome of my matches were due to my own lack of skill. i'm not blaming it on anything else, so i'd hope to not be included in your previous statement.

No this is for Oscar and RJ.  Sorry, thought it was specific enough but I do apologize.  I wouldn't do such a personal attack unless I knew them pretty well heh.  We're all friends, so they'll prolly pissed at me now but it's all good.

ahh i assumed, since the quote you quoted was in response to something i said earlier, that it was referring to me. no offense taken at all lol. i just like misunderstandings to be sorted out.

on topic though, i can't speak for anyone else, but we all chose the characters that we chose. there are no excuses for that. if anyone wants to play competitively and footage is taken, that's just how things go sometimes. sure, you'll get screentime when you're at your worst, but thats part of putting yourself out there and putting your skills on the line. didn't like how you played or how things went down? play more. get better. when it comes down to it, when a "real" tourney comes around and you decide to play "serious", if you lose badly there are no excuses. when you come to play, you play.

note: this isn't directly aimed at anyone in particular. i just don't see a point to why there was such a fuss before and after this tourney. it's over. play the game.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 26, 2010, 12:04:24 AM »
ahh i assumed, since the quote you quoted was in response to something i said earlier, that it was referring to me. no offense taken at all lol. i just like misunderstandings to be sorted out.

on topic though, i can't speak for anyone else, but we all chose the characters that we chose. there are no excuses for that. if anyone wants to play competitively and footage is taken, that's just how things go sometimes. sure, you'll get screentime when you're at your worst, but thats part of putting yourself out there and putting your skills on the line. didn't like how you played or how things went down? play more. get better. when it comes down to it, when a "real" tourney comes around and you decide to play "serious", if you lose badly there are no excuses. when you come to play, you play.

note: this isn't directly aimed at anyone in particular. i just don't see a point to why there was such a fuss before and after this tourney. it's over. play the game.

Agreed 100%.  I think people knew that it would be recorded, they know they can choose whoever, then they should accept whatever consequences results from it.  I'm the first to admit, I get straighted ALL the time.  I've told Ivan and Abe several times I feel that I'm easily the player that needs-the-most-work out of the regulars (laymen terms: the worst), I'm ok with it.  Maybe I should use different characters, but that's my problem and I'll deal with it.

I will point out that The Answer has a valid point that he feels that there's no honor in playing someone handicapped, but that should go both ways--then it should be an honorable lost as well etc.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 26, 2010, 12:30:14 AM »
I guess we can leave it at that and let this be a learning experience about this point system shenanegans.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 26, 2010, 02:41:15 AM »
Well, I did feel that not everyone was playing at their best. But it seems as if some of the people who were learning new characters for the passed 2 weeks were having more fun using and finding out new things about those characters instead of using their same mains.

As for the ratio, I think it is best that we wait till console to do this. It's not like we're in Asia where there's an arcade in walking distant for me to go to everyday, or for anyone in that matter.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 26, 2010, 04:13:37 AM »
Well, I did feel that not everyone was playing at their best. But it seems as if some of the people who were learning new characters for the passed 2 weeks were having more fun using and finding out new things about those characters instead of using their same mains.

Yeah that was the whole point, it was fun as hell to try out new characters.  Half-way through the tournament Duc pointed out to me I could swap out Leona for Shen and still make the 6 pt cut (I think I got stuck in the 5pt mentality and forgot about it when we changed it to 6.) You even said the outcome probably would have been different if I choose Shen/Chin/Mai instead of Mai/Leona/Chin, but I wanted to have fun with Leona and I don't regret it.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 27, 2010, 12:49:09 AM »

Yeah that was the whole point, it was fun as hell to try out new characters.  Half-way through the tournament Duc pointed out to me I could swap out Leona for Shen and still make the 6 pt cut (I think I got stuck in the 5pt mentality and forgot about it when we changed it to 6.) You even said the outcome probably would have been different if I choose Shen/Chin/Mai instead of Mai/Leona/Chin, but I wanted to have fun with Leona and I don't regret it.

William Hung Spirit!!!

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 27, 2010, 01:33:09 AM »
so I said to myself I think I'll cool off of Kof for a week, but then I thought hold up!! I aint good enough to take breaks!! And dammit I wanna be really good at this game, so I'll be there tomorrow, hopefully thursday, friday definitely, then sunday, hope to see somebody there, if not I got an Itch to learn a new character anyways I'll sit in training mode,

on another note I want to thank everybody that came out to the tournament, and for helping to push each others skill level and knowledge in all of us. I truly enjoyed my first test, and I am eager to push forward.

Stay hungry!!! PEACE
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 27, 2010, 03:47:09 AM »
William Hung Spirit!!!

You know it baby! She bangs She bangs! :/

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 27, 2010, 10:21:03 AM »
man i cant wait to hear myself on the final vids!!!im sure ill sound like a dumb ass.jajaja hey i had lots of fun in the tourney!!i have to agree with yu hang,there is honor in losing.this time i lost to reynald and to chris(once again jaja) but it doesn't matter cause i really enjoyed being there.cant wait for this game to come out on console cause then i wont be losing so badly.