Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 278191 times)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #300 on: October 27, 2010, 04:38:28 PM »
Get fucking hyped! I'm thinking of doing a weekly get together in my house when the console version is released. Maybe ranbats? and streaming and recording is a must, I will turn my house into KOF battle grounds once again lol.

Maybe I'm being a little hard on my self you know I was thinking that I only used one of my main characters in the tournament and I still made top 6, I guess I didn't do that bad after all.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 04:55:36 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 27, 2010, 10:20:22 PM »
Get fucking hyped! I'm thinking of doing a weekly get together in my house when the console version is released. Maybe ranbats? and streaming and recording is a must, I will turn my house into KOF battle grounds once again lol.

Maybe I'm being a little hard on my self you know I was thinking that I only used one of my main characters in the tournament and I still made top 6, I guess I didn't do that bad after all.

You didn't do bad at all, but you're not meant to reveal your results! :/  =)

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 29, 2010, 08:45:24 PM »
hey guys,
i wish i could've made it to the tournament, seems like it was hype.

i just wanted to interject on the videos and whatnot. at this point, AI, and you guys specifically, have established yourselves in the minds of the greater fighting game community as the place to play KOFXIII in the USA. the other fighting game sites, like Iplaywinner and SRK, post up these videos, and other players are getting hype about the game, which is necessary if we wanna see this game at EVO 2011 (which Mr. Wizard says is very possible, btw. check out the latest live episode of WakeupSRK).

so yeah, i personally believe that uploading as many of these videos as possible would be a good thing, and mad props to you guys for doing it. the community is looking towards you guys to show them how to play this game!
In it to win it!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #303 on: October 29, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »
Yeah I would definitely love to see KOF get some EVO attention... I do notice people wanting to get into KOFXIII especially after seeing some great combo videos (I think they were done by SNK themselves?) and some high octane match videos... Alot of ex-SFers seem to be clinging towards this, too I noticed...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 29, 2010, 11:52:50 PM »
I've been meaning to post this up for ages.  Here are the stats for character usage from the data log for our XIII machine at AI.  Sadly, patch v1.1 only so it's was only 2 weeks of data tops (so take this data with a grain of salt since most of us were preparing for the Ratio Tourney), eventually we'll find the older one where it had 6+ weeks of data.  I'll try to see if we can get the data in 4-8 weeks to see if it's change.  EDIT: Sorry about the formatting.

Picks / Percentage total
Hwa            12   0%
Daimon   19   0%
Raiden    20   0%
Mature   22   0%
Maxima      23   0%
Clark            24   0%
Ash            46   0%
Beni           50   0%
Shen            82   1%
Ralf            87   1%
Joe           88   1%
Duolon    106   2%
Takuma    109   2%
Mai            143   2%
Chin            176   3%
Iori           178   3%
Yuri            179   3%
Leona   186   3%
Andy           188   3%
Kensou    176   4%
Vice            209   4%
Terry    232   4%
Athena   244   4%
Ryo           278   5%
Kim            293   5%
Elisabeth    300   5%
K'            305   5%
Kyo           311   6%
Robert    345   6%
King           362   7%
Kula            431   8%
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:09:04 AM by Kane317 »

Dark Geese

« Reply #305 on: October 30, 2010, 12:52:58 AM »
Oh yeah BTW, me and Oscar are planning a big tournament next year with a Japanese player (for 13 of course) and Kula from Puebla, Mexico in Tijuana just wanted to give you guys a heads up, yes it will revolve around KOF13 and yes you guys will have the time needed to make sure you are back in tip top shape for KOF13.

Why is this? Well besides the usual stuff, Kula from Puebla, Mexico feels he can beat all of you guys in any KOF, this is what I have been told on the phone by Lecter many times, and so I will give him the opportunity to do so in Tijuana when me and Oscar have our tournament.

Dune will also keep me posted in regards to someone for 13 overseas that way we can stir the pot a little bit more...

Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop...

C ya later my friends!

DG

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 30, 2010, 06:10:41 AM »
Oh yeah BTW, me and Oscar are planning a big tournament next year with a Japanese player (for 13 of course) and Kula from Puebla, Mexico in Tijuana just wanted to give you guys a heads up, yes it will revolve around KOF13 and yes you guys will have the time needed to make sure you are back in tip top shape for KOF13.

Why is this? Well besides the usual stuff, Kula from Puebla, Mexico feels he can beat all of you guys in any KOF, this is what I have been told on the phone by Lecter many times, and so I will give him the opportunity to do so in Tijuana when me and Oscar have our tournament.

Dune will also keep me posted in regards to someone for 13 overseas that way we can stir the pot a little bit more...

Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop...

C ya later my friends!

DG

Oscar told me about it.  I'm sure Kula could probably beat us, I know some may disagree but I feel that our level as a whole is still pretty low comparatively speaking.  We're high for the US and...that's about it lol.  Asia and South America where they actually have a real scene and competition (you don't have to drive 30 miles to get to), should have a higher level.  Duc and I were joking how nobody NEAR AI actually plays it, everyone drives 20+ miles in to play lol. EDIT: Spoke too soon, nice meeting you Norris Nores today.  Glad to see some new faces around AI that know how to play and from the old school era like myself.  GG.
---
I'm finally going to head to AI for a couple hours tomorrow at opening.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 02:03:49 AM by Kane317 »

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 02, 2010, 08:25:16 AM »
GGs today everyone. i hope no one found it rude that i couldn't talk lol sorry meta, banking on liz is kinda lame, but i need to make up for my mid-low tier chars =/

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 02, 2010, 10:09:13 AM »
GGs today everyone. i hope no one found it rude that i couldn't talk lol sorry meta, banking on liz is kinda lame, but i need to make up for my mid-low tier chars =/

I'm sure with your limited game time you've had, plus your characters--nobody would blame you.  I'll be there this Thursday.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:57:31 PM by Kane317 »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 02, 2010, 06:04:35 PM »
I actually thought that was a really smart move on your part picking up lizz. Good stuff
" you fight well in the old style"

TornAparT

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 03, 2010, 02:45:33 AM »
Anyone hitting up WnF tomorrow?  There is a chance that KoFXIII will be there.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 06:44:33 AM by TornAparT »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 03, 2010, 11:24:51 AM »
GG Fatacon, fun games tonight. Really tried to test how good old skool grapplers are and I don't give up easily Hehe. Lol@ Vice's Neomax.... just lol.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 03, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »
Anyone hitting up WnF tomorrow?  There is a chance that KoFXIII will be there.

Working on that...
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 03, 2010, 10:00:36 PM »
GG Fatacon, fun games tonight. Really tried to test how good old skool grapplers are and I don't give up easily Hehe. Lol@ Vice's Neomax.... just lol.

GGs as always Kane. that neomax too good, kinda lol.

also GGs to guy whose name i didn't catch. he uses mai/ash/iori. i've played with him a few times before. things were really back and forth for a while when we were both dropping combos and hitconfirms so bad, but once he picked up his game, i got crushed pretty bad lol

i really shouldn't stay that long though. i was there from like 2 to 1, and it gets pretty obvious that i start playing lazy during the later hours.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 03, 2010, 10:18:37 PM »

GGs as always Kane. that neomax too good, kinda lol.

also GGs to guy whose name i didn't catch. he uses mai/ash/iori. i've played with him a few times before. things were really back and forth for a while when we were both dropping combos and hitconfirms so bad, but once he picked up his game, i got crushed pretty bad lol

i really shouldn't stay that long though. i was there from like 2 to 1, and it gets pretty obvious that i start playing lazy during the later hours.

that was proly Duc cause I wasn't there >_<     

<3
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof