Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 278214 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #1365 on: February 06, 2012, 03:18:53 AM »
Yeah Friday, but they're still doing their Tuesdays for casuals AFAIK.

R.E.L.

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: February 07, 2012, 08:32:25 AM »
Posted stream replay from FFA this past Saturday:

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1963.0

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 08, 2012, 06:56:03 AM »
if I beat someone good, I'm going to pop off like this *****

Floe Beats Sonic After 2 days

Bust a floe

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

chasiubao

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 09, 2012, 01:49:38 AM »
dayum yo does anyone play kof in the sgv anymore?  it seems like all the kof comp is to far away from me now since Ai is gone.  im almost done with school and i only have a few classes left.  majority of the time now im bored as shit.  im so sad that no one or no kof scene at all at super arcade  :(

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 22, 2012, 02:11:36 AM »
yo you need to get all up on our facebook group, have someone add you
In it to win it!

chasiubao

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 25, 2012, 09:31:42 PM »
i dont have a face book lolz.  but what goes on in this group you be talkin about

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 01, 2012, 09:14:16 AM »
we talk about everything. get on facebook and add me dude
In it to win it!

chasiubao

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 05, 2012, 07:28:24 AM »
oh nice.  how do i add you on facebook?  i just made one today just for the group.  I wanna get some offline kof matches so i can level up my game.  I want to go to UCI on Fridays but traffic there is gay.  I get off class at cal p which is closer to Irvine from my house if i know theres people i can chill with around the Irvine area i would def love to play at UCI fridays for KOF.

APSolute

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 07, 2012, 12:47:00 PM »
Hey davidkong07 whats the name of the facebook group? It would be awesome to get in on that so i can meet new people and play some kof!

Also, chasiubao, I've been thinking of running some KOF XIII tournaments of my own, cuz i have a friend in Temple City who I can ask to use his shop as a venue, maybe we could collab and get a group going so we can have more KOF tournaments going on overall. It would be awesome if we could get this going and start the hype!

chasiubao

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 22, 2012, 08:41:20 PM »
Runback Thursdays at super arcade, starting next week on Thurs will now have KOF in their line up along with mahvel.

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: March 23, 2012, 03:13:25 AM »
I'm in the area as of today. Anything going on in the next week and a half?

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 06, 2012, 11:47:15 PM »
Runback Thursdays at super arcade are awesome! everyone needs to come!
In it to win it!

B1gblack

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
tournaments for KoF
« Reply #1377 on: May 23, 2012, 06:56:53 PM »
 ok i will get staight to the point on this one. this is basically about more tournaments for KoF 13. This past weekend there was a let down for a tournament at japan arcade :/ we had about maybe 10-12 ppl including myself but it wasnt enough the only thing i can think of that made it where it wasnt enought ppl was due the fact that not ENOUGH ppl knew about it. Im a SoCal player(even though when i play fighting games i dont represent SoCal i represent myself) and my arcade home is japan arcade. its the one place i get to fairly easily what i wanted to start doing is hosting KoF 13 tournaments at my arcade home(one i go to most) for one main reason. To get more players to come out and support arcades and keeping them alive. go out to these places are becoming(and i am very sad to say this) a dying breed, alot more ppl would rather play online than anywhere else, thats all fine and good if you like lag >=D. if enough ppl support this maybe this can become somthing bigger and keep the life alot of hardcore players out there still love so much. I will post when i will start hosting(or HOPEFULLY hosting tournaments) for KoF13 as soon as i learn how to set up brackets and the payout and all that good stuff if anyone has questions comments or concerns you can message me here send me an email to b1gblack24@yahoo.com message me on facebook. my facebook is Aaron Williams if any problems with facebook just refer to the other 2 options thank you

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 24, 2012, 08:19:28 PM »
B1gblack, my advice is the best way to learn how to run tournaments is to goto tournaments yourself.  Have you been to TheRunBacks every Thursday? 

With all due respect, the people who are don't show up to other larger tournaments only to be baffled why nobody shows up to theirs--are confusing to me. That and, some people just don't have the luxury to goto several tournaments a week.

B1gblack

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 25, 2012, 07:58:56 PM »
no i have not been to the runbacks and i do believe that it will help me to run a tournament on my own someday. but i am not trying just yet not until i have the experience and plan a day and amount where players can come if they want to join in on it. at my level of experience i will do nothing but tick the world off with a bunch of mistakes.. basically that last message i put up was to say that in the near future thats what i plan on doing once i get it down