Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 278165 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF (Arcade Infinity)
« Reply #375 on: December 03, 2010, 10:22:49 AM »
A.I. THURSDAY NIGHT with my SHEN WOO MIGHT!!!   ;c ;a ;b ;d  NEOMAX! woot! woot!

That was funny when you did it as anti air and took your hands off the machine, but the move didn't come out hahah. Thanks for owning us again, I feel like I got better trying different attack patterns and changing up offense =P

Yeah I learned a lot... not to get hit by John.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 03, 2010, 10:34:10 AM »
Man its funny how Ass woopings from john Are so motivating, for me at least. Lol
" you fight well in the old style"

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #377 on: December 04, 2010, 10:30:36 PM »
I'll see if I can make it out this next Thurs coming up with Giby and probably 2 more peps. It's been a while. I've been pretty busy though as of late. See you guys again soon. I'll hit you up Kane once it's official.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 04, 2010, 11:45:41 PM »
I'll see if I can make it out this next Thurs coming up with Giby and probably 2 more peps. It's been a while. I've been pretty busy though as of late. See you guys again soon. I'll hit you up Kane once it's official.

Do it, you have my number (make sure you text me before calling coz I don't pick up unknown numbers usually).

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #379 on: December 05, 2010, 09:46:05 AM »
Will do.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 06, 2010, 04:59:05 PM »
gonna stop by today for a few hours

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 07, 2010, 07:07:14 PM »

GG Jon (I would said GG guys but we didn't really get to play each other lol), he didn't use any lube this time and he racked up a 39 win streak; haven't seen that since opening week.  Course Oscar, Cali-Mexicans, and Reynald weren't around but nevertheless impressive especially for using different characters most games.

On a very random note I was doing some thinking, I feel that they way John match-ups in SSIV with the US players would most accurately depict how he would do in KOF in Asia; He'd win games, streaks at times but I believe his exact words were, "too many good players" so it'll be harder to secure a "name" for himself.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 07, 2010, 07:57:09 PM »
I really wish they had a card ranking system in Jap, kinda like what they have for SF4. That would really help sigle out top players instead of word of mouth.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 07, 2010, 11:02:48 PM »
I really wish they had a card ranking system in Jap, kinda like what they have for SF4. That would really help sigle out top players instead of word of mouth.

Seriously, seems like it wouldn't be too hard to implement either.

---
Going to make a short trip today.

Seriously, seems like it wouldn't be too hard to implement either.

---
Going to make a short trip today.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 03:25:41 AM by Kane317 »

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 08, 2010, 01:49:59 AM »

GG Jon (I would said GG guys but we didn't really get to play each other lol), he didn't use any lube this time and he racked up a 39 win streak; haven't seen that since opening week.  Course Oscar, Cali-Mexicans, and Reynald weren't around but nevertheless impressive especially for using different characters most games.

GGs guys, though i didn't put up much of a fight lol i'll probably stop by on friday, since there are some things i want to test out.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 08, 2010, 03:09:33 AM »

On a very random note I was doing some thinking, I feel that they way John match-ups in SSIV with the US players would most accurately depict how he would do in KOF in Asia; He'd win games, streaks at times but I believe his exact words were, "too many good players" so it'll be harder to secure a "name" for himself.

My exact words were "there are alot of good players in SF4". Remember i am not playing at a competitive level in SF4. In KOF its not about the win streaks. It's not about championships won. It's about being deemed as the better KOF player OVERALL.

* I received the name "Mr.KOF" from the street fighter players.
* According to other fellow U.S. HK players they have said I have surpassed Ray and William in terms of being the best now. I still miss the days of playing with them on a  weekly basis.

And gg's the other day =P i tried my best to run through everyone because the line was pretty long lol.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 08:10:55 AM by Mr.KOF »

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 08, 2010, 02:27:51 PM »
* According to other fellow U.S. HK players they have said I have surpassed Ray and William in terms of being the best now. I still miss the days of playing with them on a  weekly basis.

I'll add my 2 cents (real talk):

As much as I respect your talents and recognize your skill -- I'm always here to keep you in check (heh), the Mr KOF title has always, will always be, pretentious if you ask me and it doesn't matter who gives it to you, especially players that don't play KOF.

None of the HK/Taiwan players in AI are exceptionally impressive including William and Ray (but they're up there), they're were good in their hay day but I've seen some monster players in HK, (and consider that I've seen and played against Ma'an and Salim among others good players as well). 

Don't get me wrong, I *know* where I stand (and that's average at best) and I'm not naive either coz if I had to categorize you, I'll say your play style is very unique, your fundamentals are as solid as they get, you have an uncanny ability to read minds and a lot of times your skill isn't apparent by watching 1 or 2 of your matches alone. =)

Heh.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 08, 2010, 05:48:35 PM »
Let me join this "real talk" with Yuhang as another senior (literally lol) member.

Back in 98' I thought I was good until the day I met Ray at GameX and proved me completly wrong, Back in 02' I thought I was good until the day I met RF at EVO and destroyed me.

I am not going to take any credit from Jon, I do think he is the best KOF player in the US at the moment, unfortunally he doesn't have enough competition to take his skills to the next level or international level. I'm sure that next year Jon will get to face a true opponent either from Jap or Mex (don't wanna take any credit from the AI players either) who plays to win and not just for fun.

Jon how good do you think you would be if some how you would be able to play against yourself on a daily basis? I know sounds stupid but it actually is possible unlike here in the US I know that in Mex there are tons of players who have very high skills and they get to play each other on a daily basis. Imagine you vs 10 more Jons waiting to play in one cab, how good would that one Jon who gets a win streak would be?

Miss you guys hope to see you soon...(maybe poker night at my new place :D)
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 08, 2010, 06:43:26 PM »

I'll add my 2 cents (real talk):

As much as I respect your talents and recognize your skill -- I'm always here to keep you in check (heh), the Mr KOF title has always, will always be, pretentious if you ask me and it doesn't matter who gives it to you, especially players that don't play KOF.

None of the HK/Taiwan players in AI are exceptionally impressive including William and Ray (but they're up there), they're were good in their hay day but I've seen some monster players in HK, (and consider that I've seen and played against Ma'an and Salim among others good players as well). 

Don't get me wrong, I *know* where I stand (and that's average at best) and I'm not naive either coz if I had to categorize you, I'll say your play style is very unique, your fundamentals are as solid as they get, you have an uncanny ability to read minds and a lot of times your skill isn't apparent by watching 1 or 2 of your matches alone. =)

Heh.

I know the competition in the U.S. for KOF  is very scarce...but I'm sure i can beat the top players at a 50/50 level if we're both playing at our best. I'm not here to represent a country..I'm trying to win for myself. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and i can appreciate that =P 

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 08, 2010, 06:54:30 PM »
Let me join this "real talk" with Yuhang as another senior (literally lol) member.

Back in 98' I thought I was good until the day I met Ray at GameX and proved me completly wrong, Back in 02' I thought I was good until the day I met RF at EVO and destroyed me.

I am not going to take any credit from Jon, I do think he is the best KOF player in the US at the moment, unfortunally he doesn't have enough competition to take his skills to the next level or international level. I'm sure that next year Jon will get to face a true opponent either from Jap or Mex (don't wanna take any credit from the AI players either) who plays to win and not just for fun.

Jon how good do you think you would be if some how you would be able to play against yourself on a daily basis? I know sounds stupid but it actually is possible unlike here in the US I know that in Mex there are tons of players who have very high skills and they get to play each other on a daily basis. Imagine you vs 10 more Jons waiting to play in one cab, how good would that one Jon who gets a win streak would be?

Miss you guys hope to see you soon...(maybe poker night at my new place :D)

I'm sure I'd win without ease playing with players from other countries who play this on a  competitive level on a daily basis.  I know and understand there are a bunch of players at my level overseas. You can say that I am "Iron Mike Tyson" from back in the day who was a god...it just happened he was fighting in the wrong era.

Either Way thank you guys for your two cents. Let's all play KOF very soon!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF