Author Topic: Sprites Modifications you would like to see in KOFXIII Console  (Read 27814 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Well as the topic says, what kind of sprites modifications would you like to see in KOF XIII that would make the sprites look different or close to their old designs?

I have 2, one is Andy KOF 2001 look alike outfit and the 2nd one is Kula showing some skin.

What other ideas would you like to see?

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Sprites Modifications you would like to see in KOFXIII Console
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 08:51:36 AM »
I have 2, one is Andy KOF 2001 look alike outfit and the 2nd one is Kula showing some skin.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cool Andy.

I don't have many ideas for sprite modifications per se, but some alternates I'd like would be:

- A Blue Mary alternate for Leona (blonde hair, red top, blue pants)
- A classic-colored alternate for King
- Any alternate for Takuma that doesn't look hideous-dumb (black Takuma with pink hair: really, SNK? really??)

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:56:05 AM »
Rex, thats my Takuma color :( That and Pink Mr Karate

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
Then I'm embarrassed for you. :P

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 09:20:00 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

lol I was expecting that reaction. But is not like we aren't used to see 15 to 17 year old girls showing their belly or more *cough* DOA *cough*.

This could work also for King, having her Waist belt colored like her skin.

I think I did something like that for Shermie in 98UM with the color edit, I need to check again.

EDIT: Just to add to King, I would like to see another hairstyle for her sprite. For some reason that hairstyle she has in this sprite makes her look agressive or "evil" for lack of a better word.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:40:28 AM by DarKaoZ »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 10:25:43 AM »
I don't want to see Kula's skin. This girl makes me vomit.

King is cool when she looks agressive.

Andy's alternate outfit is the coolest outfit Andy never has got, so there's no need to change his original outfit for console version.

I would like to have classic black and golden color for Mai, but I guess black/purple with red hair will be fine.

I would like to have alternate "outfis" for the rest of cast, like Mr Karate, BigBear, Yuri's ponytail, etc. A ninja mask for Mai or two tails instead of one, a hat for King, Mature with a white vest and black shirt (like her 96 outfit). Things like that could be nice DLC and something never seen it before in a 2D fighting game.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 03:31:13 PM »
lol I was expecting that reaction. But is not like we aren't used to see 15 to 17 year old girls showing their belly or more *cough* DOA *cough*.
Nice try, but Kula's 14. :P Even Benimaru feels guilty after hitting on Kula!

Andy's alternate outfit is the coolest outfit Andy never has got, so there's no need to change his original outfit for console version.
No one's saying there's a need for any of this. It's just stuff you'd like to see.

This is a little off-topic, but I guess it does relate to sprite modification. Rather than more alternate designs, I'd like to see more special KO's. The clothes-ripping King and Yuri KOs ones got XIII lots of publicity. They could probably get some more with something similar with Elisabeth, Mature and Vice. Also, why not a lil' something for the ladies? Ryo and Robert both used to lose their outer layers back in AOF2, so why not bring that back?

I'd also love slightly more subtle stuff, like Terry's hat falling off when KO'd, or Mai dropping her fan. Both happened back in 94/95, and they'd be cool to see again.

Obviously, none of this stuff matters. But adding little extra touches like this can make winning a bit more rewarding.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 03:45:46 PM »
Ryo and Robert both used to lose their outer layers back in AOF2, so why not bring that back?

I totally agree with you. King and Yuri special losing are cool, but the fact that only they two have it, looks too much fanservice. Ryo, Robert and Takuma, as AoF chars, should have it too. 

And if all characters have it, it would be awesome.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 05:21:34 PM »
I would like to see and Alt that makes her look feminine, I don't mind her classic look but just once show her in a sexier outfit.

@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 05:37:35 PM »
I would like to see and Alt that makes her look feminine, I don't mind her classic look but just once show her in a sexier outfit.

^Oh yes Agree.

For me this sounds a bit much but,

I would like to see Mature and Vice original outfits. Not really feeling the suits that much too. But i kinda dig them.

Especially, when Vice does her Max and pulls her shirt half way down (Probably exposing them Nips but you cant see cause her back is turned. lol) to activate the Orochi from her tattoo IRC.

I would also like to see Chin's 2002 outfit or Kensou's old outfit with the hoodie, jacket, and shorts.

Other then that I too would like to see some AOF modifcations for Ryo and Robert. Also, a Shirtless Takuma modification from AOF 2.

OffTopic : Lmao when Yuri top Fly's off when you KO'ed her in AOF.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 05:42:03 PM by biggdaddycane »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 06:47:14 PM »
Hmm. Ok, only way to properly do this for me is to ignore what makes sense, and just throw ideas out there, lol. So I'll be tossing out a few "Why not just make a new character?!?" ideas along in here...

Ash Crimson - Saiki. Modify face, voice samples, maybe a few mannerisms, and of course, the hair.  

Team Japan
Kyo Kusanagi - Maybe a Syo Color palette? With the extra outfit designs atop his normal wear.

Benimaru Nikaido - Loose hair! Ramp the Bishonen factor up a notch. Or just add his hair falling down as a special chip damage KO.

Goro Daimon - Brian Battler style Football Armor, with a refernce to the Football guy from World heroes thrown in as 2 color Palettes.

Team Elisabeth
Elisabeth Branctorche  - I'm not much of a fan of the "boob window" compared to her new outfit, but if it could be added as an alt, so be it. And she needs a Color thet references Phoenix Wright's Von Karma!

Shen Woo - A shirtless design, so that you really get to see his arm and back tatoos. Put in a 100% Mukai color while you're at it, for fun.

Duo Lon - Give him Vampire Hunter D's hat + loose hair, since he's based on him. Make a color based on Classic Red Mage from Final Fantasy while you're at it!

Fatal Fury Team
Terry Bogard - MOTW Terry. Alt win pose has him tossing off his jacket, rather than Hat. Oh, and make normal Terry lose his hat for special KOs. And make the hat come back down from space in default costume's win pose.

Andy Bogard - DarK's alt is solid in style. Go for that, give him Galford and Hanzo colors for the set as well.

Joe Higashi - Muy Tai Chamionship Belt, (the one he taunts King with in some games), or just totally lose it, and give him that Kimono-style jacket he's worn in some intros.

Kim Team
Kim Kaphwan - More variety between top/bottom colors. Fit a back emblem / Headband that has some Kanji for "JUSTICE!" or something on it.

Raiden - Is perfect already. Big Bear + Colors are great.

Hwa Jai - Add some more arm and ankle wraps to differentiate him from Joe. Have an opponent chuck a bottle of special drink to him upon KO, leading to either he cradling it (haha), or it falling on the ground, and shattering.

Women Fighters Team
King - Hat + modified haircut, Maybe a Jacket, a few mono-color outfit schemes, that's about it. Really don't want to see her "tart'd up", lol.

Mai Shiranui - Leggings would be OK, MI Alt would be amazing, but I'd settle for some embroidery on her outfit. Iralf can get CAMO PANTS, she should be able to get some Sakura petals / tree branches! Oh yeah, and drop fan upon K.O.

Yuri Sakazaki - Really is fine already, her alt is great. Maybe a few more colors to make use of the varied pants designs, though.

Art of Fighting Team
Ryo Sakazaki - Bloody / bruised face upon KO! Apply this to the whole team, maybe make Ryo's outer Gi burst /tattered pants upon KO. Make colors that allow differnt top/bottom Gi colors for 2nd palette.

Robert Garcia - NGBC older Robert look. Make coin fly out when he's KO'd. Return coin-flip victory pose.

Takuma Sakazaki - Mr. Karate already rocks. Increase colors on both palettes, make Karate Mask shatter upon Special KOs. (Explode for special move unblocked, shatter in half and fall for chip KO.)

Yagami Team
Iori Yagami - Forget Colors, just make w/Flame Iori. Give him some unique colors.

Mature - Dress outfit from older KoF's (O.O). I really like their current outfits personally, but it'd be nice to see them.

Vice - Same as Mature. Maybe give hers a tattered/Rip bottom, since she's the more brutish of the two.

Ikari Warriors Team
Ralf Jones - He's got CAMO PANTS! Increase color selection, give him a few Metal Slug Colors.

Clark Still - Remove hat, alt winposes has glasses adjustment. Or give him an alt "hat" such as a military troop helmet.

Leona Heidern - I like Rex's Mary color idea. I'd be happy if they gave her the old outfit back, for nostalgia. Or just shorts rather than full pants for alt. Give her a "Resist tapping into Blood Riot!" glare when knocked out by Special Chip KOs. Add full Orochi HOWL victory pose when win by Neomax.

Psycho Soldier Team
Athena Asamiya - A traditional outfit design, A pure Goddess Athena design (O.O!), or for Irony's sake, Give her back the Biker Shorts, and make her skirt suddenly become less obedient. A cool Chip KO could have her shifting through a few looks as she falls, until she settles on a slightly tattered one.

Sie Kensou - Give him his old "Regular nobody" outfit back as an alt. Can be based on any version of it. Loose a Nikuman Dumpling upon special KO. Chip KO has him fall on a Red Bean Paste dumpling, lookin' like Bloody murder as he lies defeated! (haha).

Chin Gentsai - Give him his 2K2 outfit, along with a color that resembles Tung Fu Rue. Or give him a Fisherman's hat, and a color that calls back to the old man from Last Blade.

K' Team
K' - More colors that seperate Top from Bottom. Iori and Kyo Palettes to go with this. and a Nameless referncing color, just for fun. Lose glasses upon Special KO.

Maxima - More Top/Bottom division colors. A few of those w/o his undershirt, like the current black/red design. Have his bionic parts explode / become damaged upon special KO. Give him more colors that reference Giant Robots (So a Gundam Color is mandatory. And like Windows K', I'd take a Voltron / Go Lion Maxima!)

Kula Diamond -Have Foxy and Diana return to assisting her back throw. Top / Bottom variety improves like DarK suggest, dunno if she needs to bare skin, lol. Maybe Make Foxy / Diana appear to catch her / Check on her for special/chip KOs.

Global Changes:

Make the victory quote pictures take on special colors! Highly unlikely, but if it can be done dynamically, this would be fantastic.

Get the artist to drawn special "Winner" pictures for special Matchups, and Neomax victories. They already did some of this for 2K2UM...

If no Color Editor is added, add up to 10 more colors per character. Either through the Alts, or just to their defaults. Give us back some of the colors we lost since the loketest, and maybe give every character on a team some kinda fun "Team Theme" color.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 06:50:17 PM »
yeah i got a few:

ryo with his top haning down from his gi, but with the tight black shirt still on. also with grey hair and a goatie, and a different stance but as aggresivve or even more so (like takuma who seems ready to pop somebody head off).

iori with long coat and with his old outfit.

ralph with topless upperbody and instead of a bandana a red headband (rambo style)

clark with a white tshirt under than vest, something like the art from snkp themselves when they showed the other ideas for sprites. also without hat but with glasses like the terminator.

terry in motw outfit.

robert in 96-98 outfit.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:53:21 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 07:51:40 PM »
Mai Shiranui - she should be able to get some Sakura petals / tree branches! Oh yeah, and drop fan upon K.O

That! Man, I never thought this before, but now you have mentioned... Oh, Sab-CA, I hate you. From now on, every time Mai opens her fan I will miss Sakura petals! lol
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:37:28 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 08:03:11 PM »
Someone on GameFAQs suggested a fully-clothed Mai. It's actually a cool outfit, considering how it's more ninja-like.

Also, Iori's original costume plox.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 08:45:32 PM »
Someone on GameFAQs suggested a fully-clothed Mai. It's actually a cool outfit, considering how it's more ninja-like.
In anime/manga/videogame universe kunoichis tradiotionally wear reveling outfits. Is said that kunoichis used her body as a weapon, to distract their male enemies (and this why Mai wears that ouffit of her), but I think is said because most part of kunoichis were spies dressed like prostitutes, to kill their targets when they sleep with them.

Anyway full-clothed outfit for Mai doesn't fit with her, is like have a reveling King or a full-clothed B.Jenet.