Author Topic: yep yep  (Read 2122 times)

purplecity

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • My Music, have a dance
yep yep
« on: May 25, 2011, 02:04:10 AM »
H ;e ;l ;l O

Im a player from the SouthLondon area of the UK, you can find me on GGPO in Garou : )
I love competition and strive to improve, im here to discuss all things mindgame and execution; hopefully to learn and share some of the experience iv gained from putting over 15 years into (badly) playing fighters !

En guarde !

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: yep yep
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:03:29 AM »
Welcome to Dreamcancel, I'm sure you'll enjoy our Garou forum where you'll be able to meet Noc and
Giby who are some of the top Garou players in the country.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »
Welcome to DC :).  Nice to see another player with many years of (badly) playing fighters ;).  You might be surprised at how useful that can be, especially if you try getting into something new (of course, it can also backfire horribly, like how much I try using throws in AH3 from so much Capcom/SNK background *laughs* ).
Old man/bad player

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:47:30 PM »
You're a bad player too?  I've been dropping combos since '94 =)  Welcome to DC.

purplecity

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • My Music, have a dance
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 02:29:39 PM »
You're a bad player too?  I've been dropping combos since '94 =)  Welcome to DC.

Welcome to DC :).  Nice to see another player with many years of (badly) playing fighters ;).  You might be surprised at how useful that can be, especially if you try getting into something new (of course, it can also backfire horribly, like how much I try using throws in AH3 from so much Capcom/SNK background *laughs* ).

well i pick up technical execution stuff quickly now, but i loose bad habits very slowly too!! I didn't realise that AH3 has no throws? interesting. must be alot of other attacking options then....

Welcome to Dreamcancel, I'm sure you'll enjoy our Garou forum where you'll be able to meet Noc and
Giby who are some of the top Garou players in the country.

Yep i have already had some good advice from those gentlemen. I hear you're not too shabby either... are you planning to come out of Garou retirement ? (MOTW eLive podcast with Aerendir, you were name dropped)

~Thanks for the welcome.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 03:00:58 PM »
well i pick up technical execution stuff quickly now, but i loose bad habits very slowly too!! I didn't realise that AH3 has no throws? interesting. must be alot of other attacking options then....
Sounds like the opposite of me, then *laughs* .  I tend to play smartly (aside from making a calculated stupid move from time to time), but my fingers resist doing what I want.  Oh, and sorry, guess I was a bit misleading in what I said.  AH3 has throws, but they're just generally a poor option since they do little damage and any combos off of them (when you're even able to) start with 50% damage reduction.
Old man/bad player