Author Topic: Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 General Discussion  (Read 33634 times)

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
Re: Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2011, 11:48:31 AM »
For you, Yeti, the day DeadlyRave-Neo came onto Arclive was the most important day of your life. For him...it was Tuesday.

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2011, 03:45:17 AM »
^^ I got that reference.

Trying to learn more characters. Having fun with Joe. It's hard to remember all of his options while playing, and trying to put them to use because whenever I fight the South Americans on Supercade 9 times out of 10 they just  jump in all the time and I just SRK them. So I get stuck in that loop without really getting to show off what Joe can do.

Now, I'm trying to learn Franco. And remember what I said about Terry being like Ken from 3S? A great charter with big damage and easy combos? Imagine if 3S Ken had a baby with Balrog (boxer) from ST, it would be Franco. Great mixup, answer to any situation, can combo off of anything (literally, he has the most chain combos in the game), and possibly the deadliest Linesway mixup. Also, his taunt makes him God Tier.

Wingshot7777

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2011, 09:11:03 AM »
^^ I got that reference.

Trying to learn more characters. Having fun with Joe. It's hard to remember all of his options while playing, and trying to put them to use because whenever I fight the South Americans on Supercade 9 times out of 10 they just  jump in all the time and I just SRK them. So I get stuck in that loop without really getting to show off what Joe can do.

Now, I'm trying to learn Franco. And remember what I said about Terry being like Ken from 3S? A great charter with big damage and easy combos? Imagine if 3S Ken had a baby with Balrog (boxer) from ST, it would be Franco. Great mixup, answer to any situation, can combo off of anything (literally, he has the most chain combos in the game), and possibly the deadliest Linesway mixup. Also, his taunt makes him God Tier.

I'd love to mix it up with your Franco, dude. I'm still new to a lot of the match-ups for RB2, and I think my Mai would totally level up playing your Franco.

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 General Discussion
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2011, 05:01:25 AM »
I'm still working on my Franco, there's still things I need to learn. I'd still play ya' of course.

So far I'd consider myself decent with: Terry, Krauser, Joe, Kim, and Franco. I've dropped Geese because I can't kara his 360's with him. The other characters don't appeal to me.

Wingshot7777

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2011, 03:38:22 AM »
I'm still working on my Franco, there's still things I need to learn. I'd still play ya' of course.

So far I'd consider myself decent with: Terry, Krauser, Joe, Kim, and Franco. I've dropped Geese because I can't kara his 360's with him. The other characters don't appeal to me.

Oh, no doubt. I only mixed it up with your Terry once or twice, but your Krauser is serious. It's good experience for me because believe it or not Steamwolf only got me playing RB2 back in December '10. (I think that's about right.) There are still plenty of characters that I need match-up experience with, but yeah anytime you're avail, hit me up on Skype and I'll gladly play with you.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2011, 07:04:34 AM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12973076

At around 1:59 the Yama player does the standard feint combo and does Judgment Knife, after that he was able to continue the combo after it looked like the Kim hit the ground but he was still standing, what happened to cause that, never seen that before?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2011, 07:44:29 AM »
The combo was impressive, but oddly enough nicodouga runs like shit for me, so I couldn't watch it well

By the way now that I think about, I enjoy more RB2 with 5 rounds instead of 3, same with garou lol

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »
rb2 should always be played with 5 rounds imo. been doing that from the start.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2011, 02:50:12 AM »
You outta join us on Saturdays, MUSOLINI. I can up it to five rounds if nobody else is in disagreement of this.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2011, 03:03:43 AM »
what emu do you guys use? ill dl the emu and the roms. i dont know if you guys use ggpo, but ive had problems getting it working in the past. i really do need to get me a pad or stick that i can use on both the ps3 and laptob, but i can still use the laptob kb to a degree. is ti possible to put hotkeys in the emu you guys are using, the laptob only allows for 3 or so keys to be pressed at the same time, otherwise im pretty much fucked with some feintcancels combos.

yama used snake fist as a break and cancelled it into a another snake cancel combo that stunned kim. after that standing hard snake cancel into bnb launcher and spower finish. snake cancel used in breakshots can be fucking awesome. this was a really nice example, and thank god there is none of that hideous scaling.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:16:05 AM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2011, 09:28:56 PM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12973076

At around 1:59 the Yama player does the standard feint combo and does Judgment Knife, after that he was able to continue the combo after it looked like the Kim hit the ground but he was still standing, what happened to cause that, never seen that before?

After Yama did the dp + A which knocksdown, the Kim player did a quick get up. If you do a quick get up like that after a combo and get back up quickly the combo counter still keeps counting if you know it's coming. The Kim player should have just waited on the ground.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:32:31 PM by Nocturnal »
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2011, 07:36:24 PM »
what emu do you guys use? ill dl the emu and the roms. i dont know if you guys use ggpo, but ive had problems getting it working in the past. i really do need to get me a pad or stick that i can use on both the ps3 and laptob, but i can still use the laptob kb to a degree. is ti possible to put hotkeys in the emu you guys are using, the laptob only allows for 3 or so keys to be pressed at the same time, otherwise im pretty much fucked with some feintcancels combos.

yama used snake fist as a break and cancelled it into a another snake cancel combo that stunned kim. after that standing hard snake cancel into bnb launcher and spower finish. snake cancel used in breakshots can be fucking awesome. this was a really nice example, and thank god there is none of that hideous scaling.

We use GGPO, and Arclive. http://www.ggpo.net, http://bbs.arclive.com.cn/thread-2418-1-1.html

You can get them both at each respective link. And it is possible to use hotkeys.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »
Guys SNKp promotes a lot FF special through their FB page. Do you thing a sequel is coming?

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
Its very possible, though the more likely option is that its merely going to come to the NeoGeo Station soon. A new Fatal Fury Special would be quite interesting to say the least.

God 2.0

• New Challenger
  • Directing your fate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2011, 12:22:28 PM »
Totally agree with Joe. He's very solid and compete with top tier.

I disagree. I'd never put Joe anywhere higher than mid tier.

- His comboable normals generally have terrible range. #1 worst range in the game. This is a problem considering most of his specials are designed for long-range play. Granted, the light SLash Kick is great at closing distance if spaced properly, but it will still place him outside effective combo range.
- He cannot combo into his sweep.
- He has no effective overhead. Because a good player knows that he cannot land a low hit as the third hit in his combo string, they can always block the third hit high, easily stopping his chain overhead.
- TNT punches are decent as a breakshot and for heavy damage combos, but the overhead followup is pointless since there is no low alternative. He really need the low followup from KOF series.
- Great when he has a life lead, very bad when he needs to go on the offence.

On the good side, he has probably the game's best long and medium range zoning tools, on par or better than Chon-Rei, Andy, and Yamazaki's. The addition of a standard low kick, low kick, sweep combo would have helped his offence tremendously.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:08:49 PM by God 2.0 »