Author Topic: Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 General Discussion  (Read 33238 times)

krazykone123

Re: Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »
Bout' to hop on the bandwagon, anyone got tips for playing Rick?

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2011, 11:42:08 PM »
Just rush shit down with Rick. If you're familiar with Vanessa from KOF, Rick is her predecessor.

I'm going into the lab and trying Yamazaki out on Supercade and trying to figure him out. I consider myself to be pretty good with Krauser and Terry, but Yamazaki looks like an interesting choice to counter someone who likes rushing down and jumping in. I think you're supposed to play him like Dhalsim. Just keep them out, when you get a chance hit him with a 2-3 hit combo and try to get the pursue attack in if you can. Add to that his F+HCF BC super is really hard to get out offline and online.

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2011, 03:24:13 AM »
In conclusion: Yamazaki is a keep away character with bad supers. His S power requires a lot of Yomi magic if you're going to use it as an AA, and is really hard to get out if you're trying to combo into it. His 360 P Power (Like Krauser's) is very easy to escape from unless he does it on wake up. If he's jumping in all you have to do is AA, dash under him or away, or just Linesway.

Now Joe I've been messing around with and I really like him. He doesn't have his Toward+B sweep kick he has in the KOF games, instead he's got a Back+B high kick that is exactly like his Toward+B sweep kick and he can connect anything off it including C specials and his P power. Really easy to link into his P Power attack, and te beauty if it is that if you fuck the input, you're going to get out his C Power Kick, which does good damage. Unlike Terry if you try to link into his P power and fuck up, you'll most likely his C Burning Knuckle which leaves you WIDE open to getting punished.

Joe has a lot of advantages and I'd highly recommend him.

DeadlyRave-Neo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2011, 06:36:37 AM »
friends dont let friends use bosses

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2011, 08:51:39 PM »
Louis - Yamazaki actually has really good supers. His S-Power is an overhead, is sometimes hard to punish for some characters, and he has ways to combo into it. His P-Power is completely inescapable (As with Krauser's Gigatec Cyclone and Geese's Rashomon) once activated. Like Krauser, Yamazaki can kara-cancel his overhead ( ;fd +  ;a ) into it, and even if you don't kara-cancel it, if the overhead connects, Yamazaki can follow up with  ;c to knock his opponent into the ground. Yamazaki is extremely dangerous when he has meter, and he's actually very scary on the offense with his high-low mix-up, although keeping his opponent out is something he also excels at.

As for Joe, it's worth mentioning that Joe can juggle off standing  ;a  ;b  ;df + ;c into his S-Power (Or Tiger Kick/Slash Kick if you have no power). Joe is really deadly, his Tiger Knee is a great anti-air attack, but Joe's biggest weakness is probably the fact that many of his moves are un-safe and not hard to punish. I've not encountered too many good expert Joe players really, usually it's beginners to the game I see playing Joe, but never really get a chance to seriously learn him.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:03:46 PM by Running Wild »

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »
I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of Yamazaki, but I think the cons outweigh the pros. His S Power is hard to get out on reaction, which a Super like that is best at. Otherwise his combos are pretty limited, his B Snake Arm might whiff in certain instances (need to test this out more), and if you try to combo into any special at close range and they block, you're free. His 360 has an easy counter: Like I said, AA him, jump away, or Linesway out of there.

Totally agree with Joe. He's very solid and compete with top tier.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011, 09:49:39 PM »
What do you mean his super is hard to get out on reaction? It's the same command as the majority of supers in the game,  
;fd,  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd  ;b + ;c It's not different at all in execution, I've never had problems with it.

You can't really "counter" his 360 because to begin with there is no throw whiff-animation. If the screen flashes Potential Power, you're caught. All your opponent can do is try to find ways to prevent you from doing it, but Yamazaki has his fairshare of ways to set it up. All Yamazaki needs is a knockdown to keep you guessing.

Then, I gotta disagree when you say his combo's are limited. Yamazaki has alot of combo options, especially dizzy combo's and 100% combo's, some of the nastiest (and hardest to do) in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiKfzAnK0Tg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Muvs9ByGhI

Finally, check out this match, this Yamazaki does alot of great stuff -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7x1lQWPJ50

One of Yamazaki's high level techniques is using his Snake Arm and canceling it (Tap  ;d after you do Snake Arm), and this gives him an instant recovery, far faster than your average feint cancel. You can do crazy stuff like if your opponent is attacking you and your blocking, do a Snake Arm Breakshot, cancel it, and then P-Power them.

And it also allows Yamazaki to do a sort of "loop" -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePR6px6Kyh8

Yamazaki is powerful, but he really needs high level execution to take advantage of his greatest techniques. I've seen alot of crazy Yamazaki players on Supercade years ago, very scary shit... one of my pals Caddie dabbled with Yamazaki, he was very consistent with finding ways of landing his P-Power (He typically mains Duck King/Geese/Krauser, all have 360 grabs, so Yamazaki fits into the puzzle quite well).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:02:14 PM by Running Wild »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2011, 03:13:11 AM »
thought you meant ducs slide kick. and yamazaki is awesome. as seen in the match vid, lights ( ;b) have to be done very low (almost ground) in order to combo on and be safe against throws if your opponent guards (yamazaki from link misstimed the jump in every time). usually  ;df ;a is the way to go after it. also yamazakis  ;b outranges all of chon su and chonreis low attacks. since yamazaki has more trouble against midgets, using (abusing) yamazakis  ;b;c chain is a must. the  ;b is outside of chons low ranges, and his  ;c after it has huge upper body invincibilety. in 1 plane add a super after it.

also 1 time i tried to play rb2 online on kb ad i remember half circles to be a pain in the ass. maybe because of frame issues or something. sucks, especially considering rb2 has some of the best controls ever and half circless have always been shit easy on my neo (ofline ofcourse).

also grab ppowers are really hard to hit. back in the days as soon as yama or krauser had ppower my lil bros kept jumping away every time i got close enough till my ppower was emtpy. against duck this is harder, mainly cause hell be able to grab whenever hes in the red. and geese has his  ;bk ;b into ppower from distance (arguably as far as krausers rbs gigantic cyclone) which can always catch you in surprise.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »
Great stuff guys. Some of this information needs to be added to, and we gotta get started on, character writeups (Myself included).  Its been a bit rough to work it into my schedule as of late but I'm beginning to reorganize myself and hopefully that will let me provide greater contribution. Before/after work is difficult for me to do much but I think tomorrow before we get started, I'll begin doing a Terry writeup. I mostly, want to compile ALL information out there into one, centralized location rather than having so much stuff spread around. The wiki needs to be used just for that: A source of all knowledge AND frequently updated enough too.

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2011, 06:54:43 AM »
So RB2 gets it's own subforum? Cool.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2011, 06:15:40 PM »
The wiki is in the works. I've formatted steamwolf's  write up for the wiki. Once the character threads start appearing, I'll get those converted over as quickly as possible.

DeadlyRave-Neo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2011, 08:53:31 PM »
friends dont let friends use bosses

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2011, 10:01:55 PM »
this 1 is for you yeti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EAwf4EvN4I&feature=player_embedded

Lmfao ^^^

"Nerf this Ni**ga!"  "Nerf him NOW!" lmao

Good shit neo

Rick is a beast
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:03:30 PM by biggdaddycane »

Wingshot7777

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2011, 11:59:27 PM »
I'm really stoked that we have a nice group for RB2. Playing with DeadlyRave-Neo and even a few matches with GhostPilot was awesome. The experience really helped out my game, and I've only been playing RB2 for a few months now. And as with a lot of us on here, I'm usually avail for a game of RB2. You can get me on Skype at leon.flair if anyone's interested.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2011, 02:21:03 AM »
this 1 is for you yeti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EAwf4EvN4I&feature=player_embedded

lmfao, I knew RunningWild is planning to do something with that match. Infinites may be banned but this part will be remembered to us.