Author Topic: Philly/Southeast PA  (Read 35362 times)

AigisMSF

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Philly/Southeast PA
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 11:08:22 PM »
Do we realistically know how many players we're looking at in the area? I would love to get tournaments/etc etc going, but I need an idea of how many people i'm looking at before making bigger plans like that.

jt4mtb

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 01:33:28 AM »
I'm not sure how many in total. Besides the two of us, I know Hubbs is jumping on the wagon, Comeback wants to try it out, Rogueyoshi is most certainly going to be playing, and I know two Jersey guys who are really interested in getting into it. It's really hard to say otherwise who else since I'd imagine a lot of people are going to be hesitant to try after the sour taste of XII. Also if XIII ends up having good netcode, hopefully the players who get into it don't just sit on netplay all day like the majority of the BB community *sigh*.
--JT

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 06:43:52 AM »
Well I'm two hours out from Philly but with no car yet.  Hopefully by NEC I'll be able to drive up there.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

The HuBBs

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 02:33:06 AM »
Im having a session right now at my place if anyone is interested in dropping by. lol sorry for the horrible heads up.

We are streaming some garou right now as well.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gaming-vision-network

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 04:33:22 AM »
Great stream Hubbs. The Mickey Mouse game was funny. I look forward to seeing it again next time. Maybe I can make it up there, now that I'm in PA.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:35:37 AM by Gravelneed »

The HuBBs

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 04:09:33 AM »
LOL yeah I just call it monday night gaming at my place.  We could be playing anything.

Anyway for my sessions for anyone that wants to come, I hold them on the 2nd and 4th monday of every month with exception to major holidays.

So my next session will be Oct 24th for all that wanna come.

AigisMSF

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 10:03:14 AM »
So uhhh I'm thinking launch tournament for XIII? Whos in?

jt4mtb

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 11:46:22 PM »
Alright, my monthly Garou session is this coming Friday night (10/21). Anyone is welcome to come by and play, learn more about the game, or just hang out. Hit me up for details if you're thinking of coming by.

If it was still coming out this month, I'd totally be in for sure. Now that the release date is 11/22 (Thanksgiving week), I'm only maybe. I'm not sure yet which day I'm heading to the parents' for the holiday weekend.
--JT

jt4mtb

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 05:37:56 AM »
--JT

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 01:18:10 PM »

Uh, if by some miracle I have my license by then, maybe.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 01:42:38 PM »
Not gonna be able to make NEC.

But if anybody is in the Strawberry Mansion area and want to do causal's in any game PM me.

Also does anybody know if University Pinball Arcade gonna do any KOFXIII tourneys once its released. I'm figuring they should since they do MK9 already too, Just as long as they can bring up a decent amount of numbers for at least a round robin.

-------
Oh and JT i tuned into the stream when i could, watched a couple of matches with Hokutomaru vs Gato. Cool gameplay.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 01:52:44 PM by biggdaddycane »

jt4mtb

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 05:25:51 AM »
My monthly session/gathering is this Friday night (11/18). As always, anyone is welcome to come by, hang out, play, etc. Hit me up for details if you want to come by.
--JT

AigisMSF

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 01:15:15 PM »
Aight Philly. Game comes out tomorrow. I'm locked down with school work and my job until Saturday pretty much, but I want to get at least one session in before NEC, so I'm hosting on Saturday. Heres da vitals
111 South Easton Road, Glenside, PA
Its at a store in Glenside, right by the regional rail, bus drops off right in front of the store too. You can generally park in the septa parking lot on Saturdays, or if you feel more comfortable theres pay parking on the street infront of the store.
I know its a holiday weekend, and people have plans with family and whatnot for Thanksgiving, but if you're free feel free to come down. No venue fee, but I only have one copy of the game so an extra setup would be good if we get people coming down.
I'll be hosting starting at 3ish
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:26:06 PM by AigisMSF »

WyvernLord

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 08:53:25 PM »
Aight Philly. Game comes out tomorrow. I'm locked down with school work and my job until Saturday pretty much, but I want to get at least one session in before NEC, so I'm hosting on Saturday. Heres da vitals
111 South Easton Road, Glenside, PA
Its at a store in Glenside, right by the regional rail, bus drops off right in front of the store too. You can generally park in the septa parking lot on Saturdays, or if you feel more comfortable theres pay parking on the street infront of the store.
I know its a holiday weekend, and people have plans with family and whatnot for Thanksgiving, but if you're free feel free to come down. No venue fee, but I only have one copy of the game so an extra setup would be good if we get people coming down.
I'll be hosting starting at 3ish
eeeeeeey I'll be there this saturday, would bring my 360 setup buuut my car is fucking in the shop and I'm not dragging my 360 across septa

anyway game is fun and I'm hoping this doesn't become like philly bb where max gathering size is three people  :(
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:55:00 PM by WyvernLord »

AigisMSF

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2011, 05:19:23 AM »
well at least we know you joe and I will play, so we'll have at least three people  :(
Gonna post up about it on srk tomorrow, so hopefully we can get more people.
I also won't have much time (and haven't) till Saturday to practice, so I'm going in pretty raw...