Author Topic: Chicago Area/ midwest Scene  (Read 242274 times)

cactusmomma

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago Area/ midwest Scene
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 02:18:04 AM »
Hey, if anyone is up for local play, my XBL tag is cactusmomma. I'd love to play against some of you guys once the snow hits and there's nothing else to do in the area.

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 11:59:20 PM »
wow i feel lonely lol. Not many chicago players.

We got some chicago players in here, we just have to come out of hiding now that the game is out :)

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 01:45:15 PM »
Ill be trying to run ranbats tonight at ignite network for those of u that can make  it out here. If we get enough people to show of course

konkrete

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 04:02:16 AM »
Hey KOF players.

There is a good number of people getting into the game. If we simply show up and play a real scene could flourish out of our numbers. Ignite is going to be getting good numbers in the coming weeks i feel. This Monday we'll have anywhere from 6-10 people playing the game, which is pretty nice for a brand new game, as well as a brand new franchise to some people *raises hand.* Not to mention ignite is a pretty cool place. They play good tunes, have a mini coffee shop, and the staff is really friendly.

Although the scene has been dominated by Capcom games, XIII is a good enough game on it's own that people will come out for it. I think making a good impression at the local gatherings will only prove that to the people on the fence.

So come one come all. Let's meet and play and be merry.

Latino Link

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 06:45:36 AM »
Well I'm from the Iowa scene a quite a bit of players picked up the game and I'm trying hard to push the game for our monthlies. Seeing success just want more players to embrace this game.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 01:17:28 PM »
Anybody taking local....er KOF players from St Louis on xbl? Trying to collect as many decent connection players that I can find. Hoping Chicago is local enough.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

GenesisDC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 03:49:45 AM »
Are there any plans for a KOF side tourney at Frosty Faustings? I want an excuse to watch Guilty Gear all day and possibly bang out-of-area chicks.

konkrete

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 05:19:51 AM »
Side tourney is likely.
GGs to ignite people!

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »
Its possible we can get kof XIII into frosty faustings.  Its a work in progress atm.

Anyways, TOMORROW  Gathering at GGA  come out and support our chicago kof scene!   

Latino Link

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 07:45:59 PM »
Its possible we can get kof XIII into frosty faustings.  Its a work in progress atm.

Anyways, TOMORROW  Gathering at GGA  come out and support our chicago kof scene!   
I really hope we can get Kof XIII as a side tourney if at least. So right now I'm trying to get some iowa players to come by the gathering at GGA not this week though, but hope fully within the month.

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 01:50:47 AM »
Cool have them come out, the more the better.

GGA tonight  ill be there with my setup, we might do a little side tourny with enough entrants. Come out and support!

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 12:30:41 AM »
No KOF on stream last night.  :(

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 06:03:46 AM »
Cool have them come out, the more the better.

GGA tonight  ill be there with my setup, we might do a little side tourny with enough entrants. Come out and support!

Yo, KOF Chicago. KOFXIII tournament was hype at GGA. Happy that there was at least double-digit entrants. Sucks that none of the matches were on stream cuz no one had a 360 copy. I shoulda brought mine. This is James btw.

Results as from what I remember...
KOFXIII GGA tournament: 12 entrants.
1. James
2. Big Bill Hel.... aka Humbag on SRK
3. Aaron aka Dizzy
4th and so on... idk.

Here is the non-completed bracket posted up on SRK from dat one Aki guy.
Mad Angels all day
Excuse me, do you know anything about the Mad Angels?
- Ryo Hazuki

orka

• New Challenger
  • We Are All One
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 06:48:32 PM »
Just registered here.

I've already given shoutout for Ignite at SRK, but I've been pretty detatched from the majority of the Chicago fighting game scene in the past three years (since I dislike most of the recent popular games). So I might as well re-introduce myself.

I used to travel to 3~4 majors a year, but have been done with 'competitive scene' for most part. I value originality and creativity in fighting games over anything, and last game I liked was AH3. XIII is fun so I plan to spend decent amount of time with it.

I was playing mostly Terry/Athena/Kula last night, but don't have a definitive team yet.

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 07:39:58 PM »
Glad to have u onboard :) welcome.