Author Topic: Chicago Area/ midwest Scene  (Read 242365 times)

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago Area/ midwest Scene
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2011, 09:09:51 AM »
GGs last night. I still sort of blow, but think I want Ralf as the new point man.

Ralf is good point man I think,    konkrete also plays ralf on point.  good damage and normals

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2011, 07:29:49 PM »
Who's goin to GGA tonight? might be another KOFXIII tournament over there. Imma show up around 7pm.
Mad Angels all day
Excuse me, do you know anything about the Mad Angels?
- Ryo Hazuki

orka

• New Challenger
  • We Are All One
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2011, 12:03:08 AM »
No GGA for me tonight, but definitely next Thursday - since I will have the entire week off from work. :D

I dunno if I will be at Ignite on Monday or not. Depends if fam or GF force me to do stuff with them.

konkrete

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chicago Area/ midwest Scene
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2011, 09:12:53 AM »
The day after Christmas should be free for all! I'll def be there with ps3 in tow. Me and James better not be the only ones there...

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »
Bzerk! Take ur torn MCL to ignite Monday and run those ranbats. People are actually getting better at KOFXIII. Ignite is still better than GGA in KOFXIII.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

orka

• New Challenger
  • We Are All One
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2011, 03:42:48 PM »
Torn MCL? Ugh, how the hell did you do that?

konkrete

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »
RALF TOO GOOD.  RALF PUNCH AND BOOM HAPPENS.

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2011, 11:10:50 PM »
RALF TOO GOOD.  RALF PUNCH AND BOOM HAPPENS.

This is true. Happened to me quite a few times last night.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2011, 11:59:38 PM »
Torn MCL? Ugh, how the hell did you do that?

Got a little tooooo hype  watching clippers preseason nba,  went out to play ball and landed on my knee lol tore my shit up.

Im out of town right now with the fam  but I will be back next fri,  im trying to see if tennessee has anything going on while im down here, im hungry lol.   

You guys better be training for frosty faustings.  Represent midwest KOF

skillz08

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2011, 01:52:54 PM »
Sup Brandon/Bzerk, James and everyone else I havent met yet! Lol I have finally made an account here after being told by a few people that this is the place to go. I also introduced myself on the main page of the forums. I see Bzerk that you are very passionate about making this scene grow so I want to help you out, you can count one more guy in on the KoF hype train! Not only that but I have always wanted to play kof. I remember how everyone was saying KoF has an unforgiving learning curve with a high execution barrier. After spending time in the lab with this game it really isnt that hard at all lol. I am now able to do HD/Drive, and super cancel combos without a hassle. Also I told myself that my starting team would be Yuri/Robert/Takuma. but after I saw Ryo's Neo Max with his single slow mo punch I fell in love lol. Im not sure if he is a good char though because his projectile isnt that good and his mobility seems to be bad, but I am going to try to make him work, his damage output seems to be pretty high though. I am able to do a 950 damage combo with him.... but with the expense of four bars. Also I was getting a bit discouraged with takuma since I cant get his step kick into his charging flying kick attack consistently I can get it to work but not 100% of the time. I know that you must start charging as soon as you hit standing c, the motion just feels weird to me so im gonna pocket him for now. I have also been having fun with Robert, and bzerk that one trial where you do cr. b, cr. a, --> b is so impractical he has way better hit confirms lol. So as of right now my main team is Billy on point, Ryo, then Robert as anchor, what do you guys think? Ok I am typing waay too much and will shutup now. Its about 6 a.m. and for some reason I cant go back to sleep. See you all soon.

konkrete

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2011, 07:58:11 PM »
skillz! more people is more fun. A friend of mine who isn't active on the forums at all might be coming by ignite on monday. Decent player and a good dude. Hopefully we can get it crackin.

About your team, I really don't like yuri first. She builds meter decently enough but her with meter is scary because she can corner carry from almost past mid-stage. Then again, her mixup is scary enough that if you work on resets then it might not be a big deal.

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2011, 09:06:45 PM »
Sup Brandon/Bzerk, James and everyone else I havent met yet! Lol I have finally made an account here after being told by a few people that this is the place to go. I also introduced myself on the main page of the forums. I see Bzerk that you are very passionate about making this scene grow so I want to help you out, you can count one more guy in on the KoF hype train! Not only that but I have always wanted to play kof. I remember how everyone was saying KoF has an unforgiving learning curve with a high execution barrier. After spending time in the lab with this game it really isnt that hard at all lol. I am now able to do HD/Drive, and super cancel combos without a hassle. Also I told myself that my starting team would be Yuri/Robert/Takuma. but after I saw Ryo's Neo Max with his single slow mo punch I fell in love lol. Im not sure if he is a good char though because his projectile isnt that good and his mobility seems to be bad, but I am going to try to make him work, his damage output seems to be pretty high though. I am able to do a 950 damage combo with him.... but with the expense of four bars. Also I was getting a bit discouraged with takuma since I cant get his step kick into his charging flying kick attack consistently I can get it to work but not 100% of the time. I know that you must start charging as soon as you hit standing c, the motion just feels weird to me so im gonna pocket him for now. I have also been having fun with Robert, and bzerk that one trial where you do cr. b, cr. a, --> b is so impractical he has way better hit confirms lol. So as of right now my main team is Billy on point, Ryo, then Robert as anchor, what do you guys think? Ok I am typing waay too much and will shutup now. Its about 6 a.m. and for some reason I cant go back to sleep. See you all soon.

The longest quote in the world, lol. Well wassup, Josh. Nice of u to finally join the cause. I'd say Billy is probably good anywhere, his DP is probably the best in the game. I think Ryo is a good character, his projectile always does knockdown n he has really good corner pressure with it or I guess jus pressure in general. Ryo also has parries which he could then follow up with anything. He could parry everything except grabs, but u should be able to recover in time to tech whatever regular grabs your opponent does if they try to bait out your parries. Also a 950 HD combo with jus 4 bars is really good, basically a ToD combo after a random hit. Robert... Idk anything about Robert, lol. All I know is that it's possible to zone with him from what I've seen. For Takuma, I'd say play him on point because he doesn't have many defensive options, but then again dats all bzerk so ask him about. And for Yuri, really annoying pressure game, also dats all Konkrete, his Yuri is sometimes annoying.

Other than that, welcome to the Chi-town/Midwest thread!
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

orka

• New Challenger
  • We Are All One
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2011, 05:30:57 PM »
I'll be at Ignite afterall!

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2011, 08:13:46 PM »
snip

Welcome  to the DREAMCANCEL................lol 

Sup josh  glad u finally found your way here, you know if you have any questions, we all help each other out here.  as far as some of your questions on team building  here is some of my opinions.

Well first off with Robert, cant tell you too much about him cuz I dont play him myself. He has a crapload of tools for every situation but unfortunatly  we dont have a resident robert player yet lol.

Ryo on the other I do know a bit about. Looks like ryu, plays totally different.  Ryo is all about defense and space control, amazing fireball btw  I think your thinking of it as a traditional projectile when it's not. Think of it more as a poke or a normal with a really huge hitbox. Its meant to control  that really large space in front of ryo and as james said  its always knockdown on hit which lets you work your way to the corner.  Light dp comes out  on frame 1, best anti-air btw.  ryo can  cancel cr.D  which is really good, think sf2 ryu.   I think ryo is best on point   or as anchor, he builds meter really good without having to use meter himself. And as a anchor  as u can see  he dishes out heavy damage  when u score a hit, its just u have to play him at a slower methodical

Billy! Sooooo cheese lol   best EXdp in the game, great pokes from almost any distance, easy hit confirms, good rushdown and defense,  really only one or two hd combos you need to know ( he really doesn't have any that are worth doing mid screen imo)   billy can go anywhere on your team, only thing is  that he doesnt build meter very fast on his own so keep that in mind.

Takuma,   learning the timing for cl.C  f+B xx db_f+D  is kinda hard at first. The trick is that you have to start charging db before the f+B comes out and then cancel into db_f+D late. I can show u the timing for it next time i see you.  Takuma is all offence man, he can zone too but you should  only be zoning until u get a better postion. Takuma needs to stay in that grill cuz he really has almost no defense options. if your on defense learn to block cuz you will be doing that alot. Learn cr.C   its prob his only decent anti-air, other than that  qcf,hcb+C has slight startup but is invincible during that startup. And finally EX command grab is really good  if you need a out, but just cant throw it out there it will get you punished.   Anyways ill go into more detail later. Let me know if u got further questions man

orka

• New Challenger
  • We Are All One
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2011, 10:12:21 PM »
I think I have a new char!! One step closer to deciding on a real team...

Gotta still work on my ass fundamentals, though. I think I've been away from traditional FG's for too long.