Author Topic: Toronto/Southern Ontario KOF (including XIII!)  (Read 30205 times)

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
Re: Toronto/Southern Ontario KOF (including XIII!)
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2011, 01:42:18 AM »
Welcome to dreamcancel Raynex! Nice to have you.  A&C had kof casuals last week, and a lot of the SF players were trying it and enjoying it.. great sign :D let's keep the momentum going. 

Tofu Warrior

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2011, 07:03:45 PM »
Hey all! I'm really excited to be a part of your scene in the near future. As soon as I'm finished this semester, I'm picking up my copy and putting a lot of time into training mode. I kind of wish I played this game at Gety more, but it's kind of dead  :(

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »
Not for long. This scene is going to blow up soon!

Casuals at AnC for KOF on both Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Hope to see you guys there.
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

TSF

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2011, 11:57:46 PM »
Feel free to PM me or send me your number via PM also to discuss any details about anything KOF/the KOF scene related (this applies to mastaroth and whoever else).  I go to A&C quite often and i'm almost positive they would be willing to accomodate us.  Airdasher guys....? as in BB/AH3 players? sounds like a plan.  I think it would be really important for us to be involved with the SF/MvC guys, due to their numbers and the potential exposure.

My house (near pmall) is usually a viable option, with the following rules kept in mind:

-clean up after yourself
-NO SMOKING INSIDE.  If you must, smoke outside and air yourself out. 
- (If possible), help the cause by bringing a system and/or a stick.

I also have a camcorder, so we can record stuff.  HW is a bit inconvenient for me also, just wanted to mention it though.  They didn't want to come back?!? lol what happened?

GGs TSF! it was fun playing you.  We need to play again soon.  If anybody wants to chat, feel free to post on here or PM me.  Let's strive for a friendly, helpful community that is above the drama :D

I live around the Warden/Hwy7 area, so very close to Hero's World actually. I have never been there because I didnt know there would be KOF casuals there, so I am still playing at lovegety occasionally.

I love the idea of casuals and tournaments too. Let me know if you need help in terms of that.

Tofu Warrior

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2011, 06:11:09 PM »
I think we should organize regular Lovegety meet ups, would any of you be interested in something like that? I believe that arcade experience is the key to levelling up our scene. Playing under high pressure situations will do that. There's always something at stake; you're putting your tokens on the line, the whole community is watching you and losing means you'll have to wait your turn to play again. We are very lucky to have a KOF XIII cab in our city and we should take full of advantage of it. For me, it'd also be a way of saying thank you to Lovegety's owner (aka "The Boss") for trying to keep the scene alive.

I was thinking it could be on Friday nights, since we're most likely to catch the interest of randoms who play KOF XIII but aren't active in the community yet. I'm open to suggestions, of course. We can also host arcade tournaments and ranbats with the Boss's permission once we as a community get more time with the game.

Thoughts?

Blue!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 09:46:19 PM »
I think we should organize regular Lovegety meet ups, would any of you be interested in something like that? I believe that arcade experience is the key to levelling up our scene. Playing under high pressure situations will do that. There's always something at stake; you're putting your tokens on the line, the whole community is watching you and losing means you'll have to wait your turn to play again. We are very lucky to have a KOF XIII cab in our city and we should take full of advantage of it. For me, it'd also be a way of saying thank you to Lovegety's owner (aka "The Boss") for trying to keep the scene alive.

I was thinking it could be on Friday nights, since we're most likely to catch the interest of randoms who play KOF XIII but aren't active in the community yet. I'm open to suggestions, of course. We can also host arcade tournaments and ranbats with the Boss's permission once we as a community get more time with the game.

Thoughts?

Is the arcade version updated with console changes?

Tofu Warrior

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 11:44:22 PM »
Oh true, I forgot about that...probably not...

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2011, 09:06:45 AM »
Not only is Lovegety running Vanilla KOF, the control scheme is Blazblue style. It's awkward for those like myself who are trying to become familiar with the default layout.

GGs to all I played today at the A and C casuals! We had two KOF setups running with players on them AT ALL TIMES. It was refreshing to talk to some people from the forum as well. If you guys can make it down the Weeklies at A and C post here and we'll hook something up.

In the meantime, look out for Ontario's FIRST KOFXIII TOURNAMENT, also being held at A and C games. I believe the date is December 11th. Practice up, and I hope to meet some of you guys there!
Iori:

Tofu Warrior

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2011, 05:52:25 PM »
I'm probably going to run the BlazBlue button config, it seems like it'll make charging that D Drop Kick easier  ;)

I tried to buy this game yesterday at Promenade Mall and it was sold out...that came as a huge surprise to me, but hopefully that means a bigger playerbase for our scene.

Blue!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2011, 06:52:21 PM »
Cool, I might show up to that tourney just for kicks... there's no way I'll be competitive :)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2011, 08:26:33 PM »
good to play Raynex and the other people i played at A&C yesterday... really glad to see so many people enjoying the game... after 11 years of moving here, i finally get to have a KOF community like back home... lol... see you guys next tuesday/wednesday...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »
Networking is the name of game. KOF is still really fresh, and many people have barely scratched the surface regarding gameplay. So even if you're not planning on entering try to come out if you can, we're all learning - and it'll be more fun if we do it together. For this upcoming tournament: It serves as a good way to introduce the KOF to the fighting community in Toronto and let them know that we're here to stay.

That being said, there are a bunch of initiatives slated to take place after the A and C tournament. Casual venues will be up and running for any who want to get in games and improve. All I see are exciting things for the future of this game. Get hype haha
Iori:

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2011, 10:54:07 PM »
ya i'm up for casuals anytime after my exams... i'll still show up to this tournament cause i'm really interested to see how everyone picks up the game and provide knowledge to new people and gain some myself...

after getting a few OCV's yesterday (1 against an actual decent player), Mai is my opening character for sure... she's fucking sick... her speed, priority & mobility is just insane... her taunt is the best... massive bouncing jugs... lmao...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:08:49 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2011, 11:33:13 PM »
ya i'm up for casuals anytime after my exams... i'll still show up to this tournament cause i'm really interested to see how everyone picks up the game and provide knowledge to new people and gain some myself...

after getting a few OCV's yesterday (1 against an actual decent player), Mai is my opening character for sure... she's fucking sick... her speed, priority & mobility is just insane... her taunt is the best... massive bouncing jugs... lmao...

Dem JUGS! Good to hear you found a character you enjoy. She's so tricky...and those corner combos with her air throw ender look so pimp haha

Oh and the guy you OCV-ed was probably S-Blade. If it was him, they welcome to the club. I'm the founder.  ;)

(Also, where did you get that character card in your sig? I want to get that for my team and put it in my sig too.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:36:03 PM by Raynex »
Iori:

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2011, 01:04:20 AM »
It was that kyo user, the one that was doing Kyo corner combos... for the sig just go here... http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/Amedo310/KOF%20I%20Gallery/ your sig is freaken hilarious btw... cause it's funny and it's also true... lol...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth