Author Topic: Toronto/Southern Ontario KOF (including XIII!)  (Read 30231 times)

TSF

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Toronto/Southern Ontario KOF (including XIII!)
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2011, 01:12:03 AM »
Networking is the name of game. KOF is still really fresh, and many people have barely scratched the surface regarding gameplay. So even if you're not planning on entering try to come out if you can, we're all learning - and it'll be more fun if we do it together. For this upcoming tournament: It serves as a good way to introduce the KOF to the fighting community in Toronto and let them know that we're here to stay.

That being said, there are a bunch of initiatives slated to take place after the A and C tournament. Casual venues will be up and running for any who want to get in games and improve. All I see are exciting things for the future of this game. Get hype haha

ooo tournament sounds interesting, me and my friends are interested in this

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2011, 02:24:00 AM »
When the week of the tournament hits I'll post a link to all the information, which shouuuld be on facebook. In the meantime, come down to A and C on Tuesdays/Wednesdays for KOF casuals! Wednesdays is so packed with people for SF4 and MVC3 that I think we should push to make KOF Tuesdays a consistent thing. We'd have the whole venue to ourselves, and could make 5-6 stations KOF if we wanted to.
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

TSF

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2011, 02:45:43 AM »
When the week of the tournament hits I'll post a link to all the information, which shouuuld be on facebook. In the meantime, come down to A and C on Tuesdays/Wednesdays for KOF casuals! Wednesdays is so packed with people for SF4 and MVC3 that I think we should push to make KOF Tuesdays a consistent thing. We'd have the whole venue to ourselves, and could make 5-6 stations KOF if we wanted to.

What time are the casuals? I usually work 9-5 and i work at Aurora...*sigh

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2011, 03:33:34 AM »
Damn...that's pretty far. The casuals on Tuesday are from 3pm-8pm. Wednesdays from 3pm-10pm (sometimes 11).
If it's a hassle, post here when you have a day off and lets see if we can get some casuals going. Part of this thread's function is to try and accommodate the schedule of everyone in the scene. Got free time? Holla!

I'm also part of staff over at Toronto HQ (http://torontohq.com/), who have created a great venue for people from all fighting game backgrounds to come and play. There are 5 setups there, with at least 6 sticks available, and we have SF4/Tekken 6/UMvC/Guilty Gear/3rd Strike...you name it. I've already got the green light to host KOF level up sessions, community casuals, and even small tournaments there. As a keyholder, I am at the service of the newly formed KOF community!

Toronto HQ is simply another place we can use to gather alongside, A and C games, and C 3's dojo.

All I'm saying is, everyone should get into the habit of posting here when they have free time and want to play. I'm sure SOMETHING can be organized.  :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:41:28 AM by Raynex »
Iori:

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2011, 03:53:57 AM »
Hey guys, sorry to be m.i.a, had a loss in the family.  Welcome to the scene tofu! Glad to have you.  Once the online play gets better, im sure the talent and numbers will probably rise.  TSF! We need to play again! Im not available on tuesdays and some wednesdays.     Along with HQ, i will be hosting occasional casuals.  I will post on here when im hosting casuals next. 

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2011, 04:03:36 AM »
Ah, the great C 3 returns. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Masteroth: Thanks for the link dude.
Iori:

TSF

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2011, 08:30:12 AM »
Hey guys, sorry to be m.i.a, had a loss in the family.  Welcome to the scene tofu! Glad to have you.  Once the online play gets better, im sure the talent and numbers will probably rise.  TSF! We need to play again! Im not available on tuesdays and some wednesdays.     Along with HQ, i will be hosting occasional casuals.  I will post on here when im hosting casuals next.  

sure thing, i am good for weekdays after 6pm and also weekends as well

and wow, just checked the Toronto HQ, looking forward to events hosted there as well

Blue!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2011, 04:30:54 PM »
A&C primarily uses PS3's, right?  Gotta figure out which stick to bring :)

solidstimpy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2011, 02:05:26 AM »
Hi guys, i'm completely new to KOF but picked up 13 and loving it. Spending a lot of time in training mode and definitely want to start coming out for some casuals. I was wondering where exactly is A&C? Is it still the little store near Spadina/Bloor?

Tofu Warrior

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2011, 06:05:33 AM »
First off, welcome to the scene!  :) And yes, that's the store you're thinking of, the address is 702a Spadina Avenue. Hope to see you there.

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2011, 05:19:55 PM »
Hi guys, i'm completely new to KOF but picked up 13 and loving it. Spending a lot of time in training mode and definitely want to start coming out for some casuals. I was wondering where exactly is A&C? Is it still the little store near Spadina/Bloor?

Yup. They have a basement space right next door that can fit upwards of 40 people. Lots and lots of space!

Man, last night Helios and I were GRINDING KoFXIII for hours at Toronto HQ. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a fighter. 3-4 hours straight and I wasn't bored for a second.
Iori:

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2011, 07:19:36 PM »
Made up my custom Mai's HD combos and got em down pretty well... Sooo sexxxy... :D

(0 Meter) - j.C/cr.B, cr.B, s.B, s.D, HD, s.B, s.D, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, air qcb+A, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, qcb+C, qcb+C, qcb+C *1 hit*, DC, qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C *1 hit*, DC, qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C, Air Throw = 638 dmg

(2 Meters) - j.C/cr.B, cr.B, s.B, s.D, HD, s.B, s.D, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, air qcb+A, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, qcb+C, qcb+C, qcb+C *1 hit*, DC, qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C *1 hit*, Neomax = 784 dmg
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2011, 11:30:18 PM »
Sounds like you're getting more used to the game Sam. Yesterday I finally got down the DP -> Trigger loop HD combo with K', and that silly slash loop with Iori. :D

A and C games have finally made the event on FB for the tournament. All the information you need to come out to the province's first KOFXIII tournament is right here!

http://www.facebook.com/events/194749600606180/
Iori:

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2011, 05:54:38 PM »
Sounds like you're getting more used to the game Sam. Yesterday I finally got down the DP -> Trigger loop HD combo with K', and that silly slash loop with Iori. :D

A and C games have finally made the event on FB for the tournament. All the information you need to come out to the province's first KOFXIII tournament is right here!

http://www.facebook.com/events/194749600606180/
Haven't touched K'... Iori's HD combos are easy though... Mid-screen it's just recycling through qcb+B, DC, qcb+C... Love his corner one... 90% for 2 meters...!!! SHIT
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

solidstimpy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2011, 09:00:27 PM »
Thanks guys! I def wanna try and come down this week. On a side note it's awesome seeing the character variety early on, i'm gravitating towards leona/mature/hwa but it's hard to decide since there's so many fun characters.