Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404231 times)

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #1095 on: July 20, 2011, 10:01:20 AM »
Don't worry guys. A week and a half to go. Hopefully EVO and Otakon bring some juicy info.
Ew.
And we're hating on Otakon because?

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 20, 2011, 01:57:45 PM »
Don't worry guys. A week and a half to go. Hopefully EVO and Otakon bring some juicy info.
Ew.
There's nothing wrong with Otakon, but I am a bit worried about anything "juicy" coming from there. As long as none of it gets on me then I guess it will be alright.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 20, 2011, 06:58:45 PM »
So yeah, UMVC3 will be released 20 days after XIII, I wonder how much this will affect the game

Waifu Material

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 20, 2011, 07:30:16 PM »
SNKP can't catch a break no matter how hard they try, USA has a big Capcom sticker behind its ass and a little SNKP pin on it chess, I'm worried that if MVC3 could sell 1.3 million in 4 months, I bet they can get another 1 million from its loyal fans to buy it again thus taking what little amount of people who wanted to buy kof xiii.

SNKP will lose a lot in potential sales, but this is part of business, being 1 up buy a competitor 

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 20, 2011, 07:32:35 PM »
It's Funny if we consider those rumours which said that SNKP was waiting the release of AE to announce KOF XIII

Waifu Material

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 20, 2011, 07:46:06 PM »
SNKP can't catch a break no matter how hard they try, USA has a big Capcom sticker behind its ass and a little SNKP pin on it chess, I'm worried that if MVC3 could sell 1.3 million in 4 months, I bet they can get another 1 million from its loyal fans to buy it again thus taking what little amount of people who wanted to buy kof xiii.

SNKP will lose a lot in potential sales, but this is part of business, being 1 up buy a competitor  

Hopefully it won't end up getting that many sales, it seems like people are getting more pissed than usual at capcom's "rerelease almost the exact same game every year until it stops making money" business strategy this time around.
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 20, 2011, 07:50:18 PM »
I'll be surprise if SNKP said they were going to push the release date until next year to October 25, 2012

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1102 on: July 20, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »
The entire roster has now leaked for UMvC3, lol.

I have to say... anyone they add from KoF will excite me more than most of who they added to that game. Maybe that'll give XIII a bit of an edge? It's fresher, everyone won't have a version they purchsed 10 months ago still being played, all of it's new content will actually be... new (unless you count the Iphone stuff), and hopefully not leaked months in advanced, and it'll have nearly a month's head start for word-of-mouth to say "hey, buy this instead, fighting faithful!"

Or they could just do a "You think Raiden is broken? AERIAL X FACTOR is WORSE!" marketing campaign, and almost everyone would believe it! ;) (It might even be true!)

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #1103 on: July 20, 2011, 08:31:17 PM »
Ew.
It's terrible.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 20, 2011, 08:35:31 PM »
Maybe after this UMvC3 announcement, Atlus decides to release the game earlier in Octuber?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 20, 2011, 08:43:22 PM »
After today's news, this week would be the perfect time to announce a new character and really show the difference between a new iteration of a recently released game and a fresh console version of a new game.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 20, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
What kind of fighting game misses out on putting Megaman X and Zero in the same iteration, but decides to put in Phoenix Wright?

Move in FELLAS! This is a no-hitter!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 20, 2011, 08:53:16 PM »
To be fair, everybody wanted to see him since tvc

Still, there are like 10 guys that I had never heard, or care

Waifu Material

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 20, 2011, 09:00:15 PM »
I would not be surprise if capcom release six more character next year and charge 20 bucks for them

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1109 on: July 20, 2011, 09:02:44 PM »
I really hope SNKP knew of UMVC3, and is ready to swoop in with proving they're the alternative to what that game is giving.

There's no women in their new roster. Hope XIII console doesn't make the same error with it's new characters.

MvC is now getting spectator mode, so XIII's netcode better be up to par, if not better, as a new lobby-friendly game will be coming around the same time.

UMvC3 is also adding new moves to old characters. Will we see that in XIII as well?

The DBZ game coming out on the same day wasn't any REAL comp. But with Capcom directly having something, at 10 bucks cheaper, that comes out less than a month from XIII... will the marketing change in any way, to reflect this?

It's gonna be an interesting thing to watch! In an odd way, this makes me even more hype for XIII, lol.

Oh yeah, and no hate for Phoenix Wright... if Capcom does as good a job with making him "a joke, but relevant!" as SNKP does with Shingo, he'll be fantastic to have in a game. Megaman X Omission is pretty sad, however...