Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 407215 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #1260 on: July 28, 2011, 08:36:48 PM »
SNKP has advanced a lot in the field of what to do with an sprite

Waifu Material

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: July 28, 2011, 08:40:12 PM »
I think it wasn't made by SNKP, but yeah any kind of customization, no matter how little it is, is welcome.

btw, clark looks really cool with that suit, SNKP should totally scrap his old design and gave him this new outfit, with medals and all
But then his hair would look like Geese and John Crawley! :)

Andy has (young) Geese hair too :)

Anywho, I know you asked for a bigger pic of the image with Kula on MMC, someone posted this screenshot to NeoGAF earlier...
DAT KULA?

Awesome, Trish Kula looks cool there, no pun intended. I hope the customs make something like that picture.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: July 28, 2011, 08:41:16 PM »
So this is what I've learned so far, Billy and Saiki are playable in the EVO demo and NeoMax is 2 meter IN HD mode now.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 28, 2011, 08:42:44 PM »
2 meters only in hd mode? whjat about using it combos while just using ex moves and no dc meter (thus not going into hd mode). i think the reason they did this was so that everybody in the game can perform a maxcancel combo with their first character available. 
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 28, 2011, 08:43:55 PM »
So this is what I've learned so far, Billy and Saiki are playable in the EVO demo and NeoMax is 2 meter IN HD mode now.

I wonder if SNKP will present more characters, not to be playabl, but at least a trailer or something

The most funny thing of all this, is that looking those new stages, the guy from the random french forum was 100% right with all his predictions (billy and saiki, the alley, sky noah, esaka, etc)

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1265 on: July 28, 2011, 08:50:57 PM »
I'm surprised nobody mentioned this from the Rising Star site:

Parts and Icons? I don't get the Parts part, maybe stuff like Takuma Mr. Karate mask? I'm curious on what they will do on this area. Icon? Well I assume they will do the same with what SF did with the Online Icons.

Well, I wouldn't be suprised if arcades additional palettes are just prototypes to costume modifications (Like the Rigging Model items in MI) for the console release.

I... really don't remember seeing that 2D KoF World MMO back during XII, haha. That girl character there looks very similiar in stance to how Yuri looks in XIII. And the Power Geyser Special Effect is directly from KoF, too.

Anyway, I wouldn't be suprised to see some additional costume parts show up (they seem to suggest they're unlockable), and it would be nice if they act like MMO equips, showing up on the sprite, and animating like they've always been a part of them. They do a great job with Bear and Takuma's mask, Yuri's Ponytail, etc. I wonder how crazy they'd go? Taking the bomb belt off the Ikari Warriors? Giving terry his MOTW jacket? Hanging additional gourds on Chin? Robotic eyes for Maxima? Will be very interesting to see what they come up with!

There was a rumor of such mods existing in XII as well, so it's funny to see it resurfacing again.

....Oooo, Billy AND Saiki Playable in EVO build? Assume that's the same one they'll have at Otakon! This... is going to be an interesting weekend!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 28, 2011, 09:00:02 PM »

You better record footage of the console characters!!
lol

krazykone123

« Reply #1267 on: July 28, 2011, 09:08:25 PM »
I hate love you guys, enjoy EVO.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 28, 2011, 09:13:28 PM »
If Billy and Saiki are in the EVO build, I hope Yuuichi Nakamura provides the voice for either one, but I can't wait to see what Saiki plays like.

Speculation time!

Seeing from the animated movies in the trailer, would any of you say that SNKP did them themselves, or a major Anime Production company?

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 28, 2011, 09:17:38 PM »
^ They most likely did it themselves, The Pachislots they produce have animated openings probably made in house
Can't wait to see footage of billy and saiki been played

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1270 on: July 28, 2011, 09:18:56 PM »

Better safe than sorry: I assume you mean original, new-to-character Human Saiki, and not nude streaker steamy face Saiki, right?

Speculation time!

Seeing from the animated movies in the trailer, would any of you say that SNKP did them themselves, or a major Anime Production company?

Kinda hard to say. I'd first wanna say it's whatever group they always used to make their in-game stuff (Which I'd assume is in house?); but looking at things like the animation of Ash crushing the magatama, I wouldn't be suprised if Madhouse or Aniplex were involved either... (That'd be quite an unexpected step up from what they've done before, though!)

Do we know if they ever used outsourcing for their Pachislot games? I'm pretty sure they did for the cellphone stuff like Days of Memories...

More speculation time! Various people on the net think the back alley stage is Micky's stage from AoF1. Wouldn't it be weird if MICKY was a returning character?? Talk about Random...

It IS quite close...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:31:57 PM by SAB-CA »

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 28, 2011, 09:40:27 PM »
from latest ゲーマガ magazine
◆ PS3/360『KOF13』
・プレイヤーキャラに斎祀(サイキ)変身前追加
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:42:07 PM by a11111357 »

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 28, 2011, 09:47:35 PM »
from latest ゲーマガ magazine
◆ PS3/360『KOF13』
・プレイヤーキャラに斎祀(サイキ)変身前追加

It has something to do with Saiki's normal form being confirmed as a playable character.

A scan must come later, as I am currently liking the looks of this.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 28, 2011, 09:51:33 PM »
When will SNKP hold the panel? friday, saturday or sunday?

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1274 on: July 28, 2011, 09:52:58 PM »
When will SNKP hold the panel? friday, saturday or sunday?

Panel is Saturday, according to SRK.