Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 407269 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2011, 08:49:48 AM »
Can't believe that was fan-made. You did a really nice job there DarKoaZ.

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

BTW Youtube was having some problems with the codec I was using, so that is why the trailer is not in HD.

But here is the new link for the HD trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEND586leiQ

Since I was going to re-render the trailer, I decided to make some minor changes here and there. Hope you guys like the minor changes!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »
Sorry for double posting, but I just saw this at Orochinagi front page:

This picture was used to link to some videos, but there is something weird in the picture.

Can someone see what's new on the picture? No?

Well check who is besides Ash in the character select boxes. Yes! It's Adelheid.

Is Orochinagi trolling us? Or is it a fake? I haven't seen this picture at all before, but hopefully someone has and can prove if it's fake or not.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2011, 11:05:07 AM »
"Dark Ash" Shows up in the Chara select screen if you "continue" while fighting him, right? I mean, that's one oddity compared to normal.

But the Adel addition... hm. He would be a fantastic console character, as has been stated before. Love how the picture is named "Darkcrap", haha. Well, time to sleuth around on KoFUnion or something, since most fakes seem to originate there...

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2011, 11:07:34 AM »
Yeah, I was searching, but I couldn't find anything. Hopefully someone has a better way than me to find that kind of stuff in KOFUnion. The art for Adel does look weird, but at the same time plausible Nona art.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2011, 11:17:34 AM »
HERE we go: FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE

Same DA artist also made a sprite:

-sigh-

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2011, 11:37:42 AM »
Dark Ash is ok as buffed final boss, but is not worthy at all as playable character. Dark Ash black effect as "hidden palette" for Ash could be cool, but not as different playable char, he's nothing more than a buffed Ash with all his moves being EX.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2011, 04:13:18 PM »
can i haz hd blue mary sprite plz

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »

You know, as much as I'd love to see Blue Mary return (in her Real Bout outfit, preferably), I don't think it will happen this game. For one reason.

A lot of Mary's special moves have very specific grab animations. When she grabs the opponent's arm, or locks their legs, SNK needs to animate not just her moves, but also her opponents in those positions. It's not a lot of animation, but, as far as I know, none of the current KOF characters have any such moves that require special reaction animations.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2011, 05:37:40 PM »

You know, as much as I'd love to see Blue Mary return (in her Real Bout outfit, preferably), I don't think it will happen this game. For one reason.

A lot of Mary's special moves have very specific grab animations. When she grabs the opponent's arm, or locks their legs, SNK needs to animate not just her moves, but also her opponents in those positions. It's not a lot of animation, but, as far as I know, none of the current KOF characters have any such moves that require special reaction animations.
true................................but make it happen anyway

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2011, 05:50:41 PM »
Hi guys, I had a chance to meet with the Atlus reps yesterday and it went really well. I can tell you guys that they are very interested in promoting the game and supporting the community. After E3 we'll start hearing a lot more from them and they will address our questions. They will also be part of upcoming fighting game events in SoCal and at least in one event in another state, possibly more. 

EDIT: There was NO playable demo at E3 and I can't comment on what siliconera reported.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:22:26 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »
Hi guys, I had a chance to meet with the Atlus reps yesterday and it went really well. I can tell you guys that they are very interested in promoting the game and supporting the community. After E3 we'll start hearing a lot more from them and they will address our questions. They will also be part of upcoming fighting game events in SoCal and at least in one event in another state, possibly more. 
thats great to hear man im glad atlus is gonna support the community

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2011, 06:06:44 PM »
Hi man, was nice to see you at E3 in front KOF XIII poster :D  one question, is there any playable version of the game in E3? Because I read on Atlus forums that they will have it if they were going to publish the game, but videos show no playable version, but at the same time siliconera told us that they played a rough version of the game... So I'm really confused.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »
EDIT: There was NO playable demo at E3 and I can't comment on what siliconera reported.

Wow, that is interesting. Maybe Siliconera got a private preview? But this is interesting, I thought there was a E3 demo.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2011, 07:48:11 PM »
-sigh-

Damn, so close...
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2011, 02:50:02 AM »
-sigh-

Damn, so close...

I know right? Damn, I want Adelheid to be in the game.

Anyways, I checked SNKPlaymore USA today and I saw they have KOF13 already on their site. But something looked weird, for some reason they have Magaki and Shion in there in their KOF XI art. Dunno whats up with that, but is weird for them to do such an error.

Here is the picture:
http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com/Websites/snkplaymoreusa/templates/html/images/banner6.jpg