Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 406816 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2011, 11:27:31 PM »
Should be quite interesting to see that Joe combo from Dune & Co.

On the subject of Netcode... lets not put any reasons for them NOT to work on good netcode as a priority out in the open, eh? One thing to keep in mind about netcode for modern fighters: It's as much a fun thing for the gamers, as it is an advertising tool for the game to sell on, and appear in tournaments.

Online play helps keep a game alive. It keeps it in front of peoples eyes. It lets a game survive longer, so that releasing DLC makes sense. And in SNKP's case, good online play would take away one of the biggest stigmas that the company has aganist it, with the gamers.

The potential of the game would be seriously underserved if the netcode is bad. Even for those who don't care about it personally, you'd be less likely to see support for the game in the future, if poor netcode leaves it to be forgotten, as soon as the next online-capable game comes out, and steals it's players, who ran out of friends who care to play local every night with them.

For that matter, think about things like online clan battles, VS offline ones. To play online, all 6 people would need to buy a copy. To play offline, one guy could buy it, and invite his friends over. When considering the thousands of players who'll be interested, that'd be a lot of money to leave on the table.

So wheither it's of personal importance or not, lets not talk down the major significance of good online play, in this current age of consoles. If we want this game, and the series, to live on, it needs to be a top-tier product straight out the gate!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2011, 11:50:44 PM »
Haha, really funny to see how sensitive is people with the online thing. I can understand you all. I've no scene where I live, and my friends don't like fighting games... so, without a good online KOF XIII will no have much playable life for me.. So, don't missunderstand me, a good online is essential for me too.

But let's say KOF XIII has a bad online. All those who has been watching one vid after another of the game, entering here and talking and posting your enthusiasm for the game, dying to play it, commenting combos and gameplay, reading here and there... Will you say that this game is crap because it has a bad online? Will you afirm that KOF XIII is the same bad game XII was?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2011, 11:54:31 PM »
I would keep my criticism of the game and the netcode separate. Just because a game has poor online does not mean the game is bad. If the port is great, I'll be happy. If both the port and the online are good, I'll be ecstatic.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2011, 12:19:47 AM »
Look at DOA 4, MK vs DC, MVC 3, MK 2011 they all had bad netcode besides that they where more complete than kof xii at any point, netcode is important for competitive aspect of playing against others and in keeping the scene and game alive, but I also doubt that the majority of people ( casuals ) who bought mk and mvc3 plays online, the netcode is not a deal breaker for most casuals, but it is for those who take it serious( who put good amount of time and effort in learning the game) it is important

What I mean by that is nearly all of us gave a fair amount of time to the fighting games we played and at this point no matter how much time you played the game on the hardest difficulties or trainned it get boring quicks online is so crucial for us to improve our skills, but for other people who aren't too keen on fightings games online could mean nothing to them( just personal thoughts) Just some guy who likes the genre
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:35:10 AM by Ashspiralingblood »

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2011, 01:14:38 AM »
Look at DOA 4, MK vs DC, MVC 3, MK 2011 they all had bad netcode besides that they where more complete than kof xii at any point, netcode is important for competitive aspect of playing against others and in keeping the scene and game alive, but I also doubt that the majority of people ( casuals ) who bought mk and mvc3 plays online, the netcode is not a deal for the casuals, but it is for those who take it serious

What? It's the other way around. Tournaments for most serious players are generally offline (due to instability). Most fighting game scenes, which have offline versions, see online play as casual rather than competitive. I'll give you the fact that online play does help with longevity and makes it accessible to a larger base, but for the most part, it does not fulfill the needs of competitive play. I understand people want great netplay (I do too), but don't spread the misconception that online play is necessary for competitive players.

Note: Does not apply to Japan because they have a pretty good network infrastructure lol

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2011, 01:35:18 AM »
Haha, really funny to see how sensitive is people with the online thing. I can understand you all. I've no scene where I live, and my friends don't like fighting games... so, without a good online KOF XIII will no have much playable life for me.. So, don't missunderstand me, a good online is essential for me too.

But let's say KOF XIII has a bad online. All those who has been watching one vid after another of the game, entering here and talking and posting your enthusiasm for the game, dying to play it, commenting combos and gameplay, reading here and there... Will you say that this game is crap because it has a bad online? Will you afirm that KOF XIII is the same bad game XII was?
no just because the online is bad does not mean that the whole game is bad but as i said i have absolutely no competition where i live for any fighting game yes i can spend multiple hours practicing and getting better but how am i or anyone else who is still a fledgeling KoF player going to learn by just playing against the computer

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2011, 04:25:44 AM »
Too hyped for this game!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2011, 05:18:36 AM »
More news from Japan from the Professor of mmcafe:

With the announcement of the home console version, KOFXIII's popularity continues to be on the rebound, and amongst the players in Japan as well. Dune and a number of members are now in the process of making a combo movie, slated for release right before EVO. Its explanations will be featured in Japanese and English. Some of the combos have not been publicized up until now. He was showing off a death combo with Joe using just 1 bar & 50%.

i need that combo, lol.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2011, 06:59:04 AM »
Guys pls stop saying that XIII does not need to have good netcode to be successful cause developers might take it seriously lol.

KOF does not have the popularity of MK, Marvel and SF. It needs to bloom to the next generation like Blazblue. Blazblue achieved that by having great online play.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2011, 08:30:33 AM »
XIII doesn't need good netcode.
Of course a good netcode should be high priority, after all the game is pretty much finished aside from a few modes.

Off-topic Rant : KOF will never have the same popularity in USA as Marvel / SF / MK. Marvel is really the only thing that USA can call it's own, it's the only thing that USA is the best at. Not like it matters, Marvel is a terrible game.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2011, 08:42:32 AM »
Marvel is really the only thing that USA can call it's own, it's the only thing that USA is the best at.

Marvel is a Japanese game though, and America got a nuke dropped on top of them by Tokido.

Wouldn't Mortal Kombat be better?

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2011, 08:49:43 AM »
Only USA actually thinks Marvel is tournament-worthy, though.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2011, 09:49:57 AM »
Only USA actually thinks Marvel is tournament-worthy, though.
yeah until daigo jumps into the game at this years evo

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »
The Japanese and other countries only come to EVO for things like SF / BB / GG / MB / Tekken / VF. You know they'd be better at Marvel if they tried to play it, though. Only reason we're the best is because we're the only ones to give a shit about it. USA is way behind other countries in the fighting scene, at least for the most part.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »
XIII doesn't need good netcode.
Of course a good netcode should be high priority, after all the game is pretty much finished aside from a few modes.

Off-topic Rant : KOF will never have the same popularity in USA as Marvel / SF / MK. Marvel is really the only thing that USA can call it's own, it's the only thing that USA is the best at. Not like it matters, Marvel is a terrible game.

How do u expect a game to grow without a good netcode? Arcades are dead get over it. Unless success for you is 20 ppl making a tournament.