Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404212 times)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #300 on: June 29, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »
The lack of English voice acting got my attention... and SNK should know by now that the PS3 version of the game should have English voice acting if it were to be released on disc.

They also got Atlus, who always hires great voice actors, like Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, Johnny Yong Bosch, etc., and I hope that the "No English Dub" part in the Interview is only for the Japanese release.

Why are you surprised?No other kof game has english dub but some cheesy engrish so why do you want to have some weird voices ruining the game?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2011, 09:11:36 PM »
The lack of English voice acting got my attention... and SNK should know by now that the PS3 version of the game should have English voice acting if it were to be released on disc.

They also got Atlus, who always hires great voice actors, like Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, Johnny Yong Bosch, etc., and I hope that the "No English Dub" part in the Interview is only for the Japanese release.

Indeed! Also strange because Mai and Kula have English Voices in the KOFXIII arcade for the what I saw in some videos. (I'm talking about the dump version here)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #302 on: June 29, 2011, 09:13:03 PM »
i think some of the voice actors are english.But there is no english dub on no kof .. maybe in maximum impact there was but that game was shit

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 29, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »
i think some of the voice actors are english.But there is no english dub on no kof .. maybe in maximum impact there was but that game was shit

Nah, KOFXIII does have English voices, it has the voices of all KOFXII cast + Mai and Kula voices. It still don't have the English voices of K, Maxima, Takuma, Hwa or Vice.

Here are some videos showing it:
Kula: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWyiMMtpWAQ

Mai, Athena & Joe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AriKC_50jk

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 29, 2011, 09:26:11 PM »
fuck a dub, live with subs
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 29, 2011, 09:27:02 PM »
Since the voices have no impact on gameplay, I'm glad they're skipping out on it. Spend the money more wisely by focusing on netcode. The voice is so minimal in the game they don't add or detract from the experience. Actually, that's not true, the English voices in XII were game-breakingly annoying.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #306 on: June 29, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »

Nah, KOFXIII does have English voices, it has the voices of all KOFXII cast + Mai and Kula voices. It still don't have the English voices of K, Maxima, Takuma, Hwa or Vice.

I SAID -> SOME of the voice actors are english (meaning nothing was dubbed, they hired some english voice actors to so the voices for a few characters for some strange reason)

@ nilcam - i think that joe's voices from XII  are used as means of torture in parts of koreea LOL
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:43:44 PM by KBlackNoah »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 29, 2011, 09:42:49 PM »

I SAID -> SOME of the voice actors are english

You also said "But there is no english dub on no kof..."

So I thought you were saying that KOFXIII didn't have any Dubs since no other KOF had and that some of the voice Japanese Voice actors were saying stuff in english.

You can't blame me for thinking that. lol

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #308 on: June 29, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »
You can't blame me for thinking that.

YES I CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I BLAME ALL :3

i clicked those links...damn those voices are annoying.i rather listen to bebier puke
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:47:46 PM by KBlackNoah »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #309 on: June 29, 2011, 09:46:04 PM »
Actually, that's not true, the English voices in XII were game-breakingly annoying.

Not really, I rather enjoyed laughing at engligh Kim "The Vaccum Cleaner" Kaphwan's "HangetZUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!" As well as the ridiculously deep voice Andy had for "SHO-KENNN!". English Iori seemed to be the same voice from Maximum Impact 2, and Chin wasn't too bad at all; sounded like an old man, lol.

At any rate, yeah, I'm glad they're spending money on "game stuff" and not VA work, but I'd still love to hear Jamieson Price as Maxima some day! XD

This is also the best confirmation we have of Story mode being seperate from the Arcade Mode's pre-existing dialog. Quite interested to see how that turns out...

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 29, 2011, 09:47:45 PM »

If those are the voices they use for dubs they might aswell go the snoopy route with some nice trombone crap.. Maybe those voice actors are good, i don't know. But just like english voices in sf4 it does sound like most voices will at their very best be acceptable.. Others nauseating. Then again, i almost always hate english dubs so who knows. As long as i can switch over to the japanese voices i'm happy.

Will also add that i'm very happy about seeing Billy return, things just feel more and more right in the world.

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 29, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »
I suppose it's too early to ask for idle team members standing around cheering or booing in the background but it should definitely be on their to-do list.  Adding Billy is a good move, hope there's more to come.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 29, 2011, 10:11:48 PM »
I suppose it's too early to ask for idle team members standing around cheering or booing in the background but it should definitely be on their to-do list.  Adding Billy is a good move, hope there's more to come.

Funny that you mention that, I saw this picture like 2 days ago, really made me wish a Tokyo/Arcade/NeoGeo land stage and seen the characters in the back.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 29, 2011, 10:39:59 PM »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 29, 2011, 10:41:45 PM »
I suppose it's too early to ask for idle team members standing around cheering or booing in the background but it should definitely be on their to-do list.  Adding Billy is a good move, hope there's more to come.

Funny that you mention that, I saw this picture like 2 days ago, really made me wish a Tokyo/Arcade/NeoGeo land stage and seen the characters in the back.

Holy crap that's pretty well made.