Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 407900 times)

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #480 on: July 03, 2011, 06:36:42 AM »
If anyone is going to accompany Billy to make a full team I'm certain it will be Mary and Yamazaki. In this game SNKP has shown a very obvious pattern of putting characters in their classic team lineups with only a couple of exceptions. Take this in account with the popularity of those two characters and you get yourself a very safe bet. And if Iori '98 is in this game, I am sure he will be a stand alone character.

i think people need to understand that the orochi characters are dead, asking for rugal, goenitz, yashiro, chris and shermie when they are dead?

Unfortunately (or possibly fortunately), bringing back Mature and Vice in the manner they did basically opens up the possibility of anyone coming back. But I don't believe any of those characters have an honest chance of coming back this game. Even so, people always got their hopes and dreams despite the evidence (or lack thereof).

I'll have to disagree with the team being the 97 team, as even though they've been going classic, I still see them sticking with the 2003 iteration (Billy, Yamazaki, Gato). I also see a XI team of Oswald/Malin/Adelhied coming to fruition as well or Oswald and Adel joining Ash for an official Ash team of some sort. Wishful thinking at my end but i feel that 2003 and XI have been under-represented, especially Adel which has an unfinished story arc.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 03, 2011, 08:12:16 AM »
I'll have to disagree with the team being the 97 team, as even though they've been going classic, I still see them sticking with the 2003 iteration (Billy, Yamazaki, Gato). I also see a XI team of Oswald/Malin/Adelhied coming to fruition as well or Oswald and Adel joining Ash for an official Ash team of some sort. Wishful thinking at my end but i feel that 2003 and XI have been under-represented, especially Adel which has an unfinished story arc.

I'll concede the possibility of the 2003 version of the team. At least that has some logical sense to it. But I'm still putting my money on the '97 team. Although I also fear there is a strong possibility Billy won't be getting any teammates at all.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #482 on: July 03, 2011, 08:22:01 AM »
I'll concede the possibility of the 2003 version of the team. At least that has some logical sense to it. But I'm still putting my money on the '97 team. Although I also fear there is a strong possibility Billy won't be getting any teammates at all.
No teammates for Billy? Poor Billy.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 03, 2011, 08:45:43 AM »

Thats would feel weird.. I'd assume that if he appears without a team upon release he would get two team mates as dlc later on, though i hope they don't do character dlcs. Or atleast that they don't do or announce character dlcs around launch because that would just make the game feel incomplete.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 03, 2011, 09:04:09 AM »
I will keep believing that both Oswald and Yamazaki will be part of a team with Billy. Oswald is hired by Geese, Yamazaki will do what Geese tell him and Billy is just there to keep an eye on them. That could make sense after 2003 ending.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 03, 2011, 09:10:12 AM »
I will keep believing that both Oswald and Yamazaki will be part of a team with Billy. Oswald is hired by Geese, Yamazaki will do what Geese tell him and Billy is just there to keep an eye on them. That could make sense after 2003 ending.
could i get a source for this? not saying that your lying or anything it's just the first time ive ever heard that

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 03, 2011, 09:54:54 AM »
could i get a source for this? not saying that your lying or anything it's just the first time ive ever heard that

Nah, I'm not saying that is what it's been confirmed. I just said that I believe they could go with that route. Oswald is a Hired Assassin/Hitman (IIRC), in XI he was hired by Ash. I don't see why Geese couldn't hire him to enter the tournament with Billy and Yamazaki if that team was to be made.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 09:56:59 AM by DarKaoZ »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #487 on: July 03, 2011, 11:21:12 AM »
Any possibility that Billy might just be one of the console exclusives and don't have a team, like the ported NGBC characters in XI?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 03, 2011, 12:35:24 PM »
Any possibility that Billy might just be one of the console exclusives and don't have a team, like the ported NGBC characters in XI?
its a high possibility but a lot of people are hoping thats not the case personallyi think that snk is planing on adding the whole '97 team and maybe have characters like momoko,malin,oswald and adel maybe be pre-order dlc

cause it would seem a little old for them to just make one new character in a year

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 03, 2011, 12:36:08 PM »
its a high possibility but a lot of people are hoping thats not the case personally i think that snk is planing on adding the whole '97 team and maybe have characters like momoko,malin,oswald and adel maybe be pre-order dlc
cause it would seem a little odd for them to just make one new character in a year

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #490 on: July 03, 2011, 04:29:04 PM »
Huh, true. There was a concept picture of Oswald as well.
Remember these?

Aenthin, it's possible. I'm not sure if that's what SNK would do, though.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 03, 2011, 04:55:10 PM »
eiji is comical relief, mary and yamazaki outclass him in prett much every area. same goes for oswald and gato, who i also wouldnt mind in billys team if mary doesnt make it (mary isnt always with billys team, yamazaki is). i wouldnt mind oswald instead of mary or gato to be honest. would make this bu far the coolest default team in the game.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #492 on: July 03, 2011, 05:41:45 PM »
eiji is comical relief

Since when? Eiji is always serious business.

I think a team of Billy, Eiji and Yamazaki would be perfect. The Outlaw Dream Team.

Oswald can go chug a dick, he was borked as hell, we don't need him to come back again.

If Gato was gonna return... he better be accurate to his MOTW movelist. I was not happy he lost his dp+K and counter in 2k3 and XI and gained some new command jump-teleport dash neck snap thing. Just doesn't feel like the Gato I know.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 06:00:20 PM by Running Wild »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 03, 2011, 05:50:27 PM »
personally id rather have mary instead of gato or especially eiji (his design is dumb, like really dumb, purple ninja nftw). oswald though, id think id prefer him over mary. either way, with mary or with oswald, either of them being with yamazaki and billy is most awesome defaut team in kof.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #494 on: July 03, 2011, 06:01:27 PM »
The most awesome team SNK could give us is a RB2 team with Rick, Xiang-Fei and Alfred.

WHY NO ALFRED LOVE!?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:35:23 PM by Running Wild »