Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 407533 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #540 on: July 04, 2011, 11:00:13 PM »
Yay or nay?

Yay if they're revealed to be playable, Nay until then. We can talk about them in general for now, if needed, but the character section is more about strategies and fight discussion.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 05, 2011, 12:45:10 AM »
If, indeed it's going to be the '95 incarnation of Iori, then he's going to be missing his trademark Scum Gale command throw.  I sense a riot coming...
A lot of characters are missing a lot of moves... I don't want to see extra characters with more complete movelists than characters are already in the game from the beginning.

I like XIII's Kim team, but I really don't care... Well, for me Eiji and Mary would be great, but if not, oh well...
But what I really like about those rumors is Ash+Saiki+someonelse (Botan could be cool) as team. I always found a nonsense Ash participates in KOF as single entry. To participate in KOF you must have a 3 member team or you can't, so I never understood when Botan gives KOF invitation to Ash to participate alone (told in Ash story). But Ash participating with Saiki (normal form) and Botan would make a lot of sense, even the ending fits better in the game if we have that team. They could be the final team before Saiki transformed and Dark Ash. At the same time, to work on Saiki normal form (Ash head swap probably) and Botan, characters who probably will never come again... looks like a waste of time and money.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 05, 2011, 02:26:32 AM »
Iori needs his Rekka back

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 05, 2011, 06:02:37 AM »
iori needs to be made way more awesome than he is right now. only thing im feeling about him right now is his neomax. his normal moves should have shashes that big and far reaching, that way it would actually look a little cooler and more yagami, i mean brutal. that neomax should have been his normal dp for all i care. he is WAY too tame and a little boring imo. he just isnt the dangerous yagami i used to know anymore. losing fire isnt equall to losing your badassness. and thats exactly just what has happened to the yagami i once mained...
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 05, 2011, 06:11:50 AM »
iori needs to be made way more awesome than he is right now. only thing im feeling about him right now is his neomax. his normal moves should have shashes that big and far reaching, that way it would actually look a little cooler and more yagami, i mean brutal. that neomax should have been his normal dp for all i care. he is WAY too tame and a little boring imo. he just isnt the dangerous yagami i used to know anymore. losing fire isnt equall to losing your badassness. and thats exactly just what has happened to the yagami i once mained...

I must say that I love the new Iori, his moves and his style make him more badass. What I only think he is missing is that his normals should have that slash effect, but smaller and only on hit. Kinda like how Elizabeth light only happens when she hits an opponent. Just to make him more awesome of what he is IMO.

Anyways, this Iori is a love or hate Iori, but is funny that you think his slashes make him look more tame, but I find that it does the contrary effect. lol

But each to their own, I respect your opinion, just brought mine and pointed out what I find cool about him. Still we might get both Iori's, the new and the old one, both are awesome.

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 05, 2011, 06:22:43 AM »
i so like the new iori that i dont give a damn about the 98s.I know that most probably 98version will enter the game soon but i still hope ppl wouldnt drop 1213's for the fireball maniac 98s.. i mean yeah it s iori with the flames ... uuu so badass! well to me it's just boring.. new iori still has some kinda of rekkas (drive/hd cancels) so i really dont see why ppl miss em so much.

anyway ,fellas, this is just my opinion :)
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 05, 2011, 06:54:10 AM »
Honestly, too many people are attached to certain moves and not actually learning the character/ game in each installment.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 05, 2011, 07:10:51 AM »

I must say that I love the new Iori, his moves and his style make him more badass. What I only think he is missing is that his normals should have that slash effect, but smaller and only on hit. Kinda like how Elizabeth light only happens when she hits an opponent. Just to make him more awesome of what he is IMO.

Anyways, this Iori is a love or hate Iori, but is funny that you think his slashes make him look more tame, but I find that it does the contrary effect. lol

But each to their own, I respect your opinion, just brought mine and pointed out what I find cool about him. Still we might get both Iori's, the new and the old one, both are awesome.

you didnt get my point actually, i do like the slashing iori, more than fire iori, not as much as fire and slash iori but whatever.

my main gripe with this iori isnt that he uses slashes, but the way he uses slashes. the way he uses it in his NM looks great and the scream and slashing sound make him look and feel totally bad ass. those tame bitchass looking scratches he uses on his normal moves look like ass and are way too small imo. from the way he moves to the way the slashes look, he looks really gay. the slash auro or whatever is just over his hand, on his neomax the slash is like a meter away from him and way bigger. something i wouldnt have mind seeing in his specials. his special moves for the most part look stupid imo, his dm and especially his NM look brutal and befitting of yamagi. his specials look more tame than some of his normals, i just dont like them too much.

also i agree with you that his normals should have slashes on them. the effect should be the ones rhey used for his specials, his specials need to be WAY BIGGER.

this is all from a design perspective btw, not how iori plays. you could feel the craziness from iori when you used some of his older moves in kof like smashing your opponents head to the ground and exploding it, or his old maiden masher. in 13 i only get this feeling with his neomax. even though his dm looks good, it also lacks that feeling. dude brutally slashed you, afterwards held your face in his hands, then blew your face up. such rawness, his new dm is somewhat reminescent of that, and his N< fits him perfectly. its just the rest of his specials, dp is meh (nm should have been his dp imo),  ;dn ;db ;bk punch looks totally retarded,  ;dn ;db ;bk kick is also uninspiring for such an awesome character.

the one special they did get right was his command throw, too bad its crap in the game. now i know what you guys were telling me with how bad this move is, the EX version of this should have been his normal one imo. his EX one should have had huge range on it and slammed them higher like it already does.  

also no need to be so formel, what you think is all up to you.

edit: i seriously have too many posts.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 07:13:13 AM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #548 on: July 05, 2011, 07:17:48 AM »
MUSOLINI : They're emo-slashes, you know, the type of slashes he uses on his wrist too. Not going to lie though, they could have made him that good-old brutal Iori we all knew and loved. New Iori is nice, just not brutal enough.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 05, 2011, 07:27:28 AM »
I always saw Iori as a Diet-Coke version of Freeman, with all that "i hate violence" thing despite his attitude, also with his appareance and gameplay.
But oh well, that's just me, i couldn't care less about Iori, but if a classic version of him is available, then good for the game :)

PS.- I'm well aware Freeman was created way later than Iori.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 05, 2011, 08:32:31 AM »
Personally I don't like Iori that much. He is kinda boring to me and he pretty much has been same since his debut (can't confirm, but I guess).

I actually kinda liked when he got new design and new fighting style. It was like a breath of fresh air. But he is still kinda lame emo for me.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 05, 2011, 08:43:27 AM »
also how is that roster with proof? because we have seen a single spritework of a said character?

Well SNKP did some sprite work on Chang, Malin, Momoko and Oswald on their KOFXIII Blog. http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2010/08/post_28.html

That is the only proof of them, which makes them plausible to appear in the game. Yet that might be all they have on them.

Hmm, i thought everyone knew that this guy on DA was making all these XII/XIII inspired sprites: http://enlightendshadow.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

So there's no need to make a fuss. SNKP is merely showing appreciation.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 05, 2011, 08:51:47 AM »
also how is that roster with proof? because we have seen a single spritework of a said character?

Well SNKP did some sprite work on Chang, Malin, Momoko and Oswald on their KOFXIII Blog. http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2010/08/post_28.html

That is the only proof of them, which makes them plausible to appear in the game. Yet that might be all they have on them.

Hmm, i thought everyone knew that this guy on DA was making all these XII/XIII inspired sprites: http://enlightendshadow.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

So there's no need to make a fuss. SNKP is merely showing appreciation.

Actually, EnlightenShadow took those sprites of the KOFXIII Blog and just finished coloring. Read his descriptions, he says that.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 05, 2011, 11:16:26 AM »
i so like the new iori that i dont give a damn about the 98s.I know that most probably 98version will enter the game soon but i still hope ppl wouldnt drop 1213's for the fireball maniac 98s.. i mean yeah it s iori with the flames ... uuu so badass! well to me it's just boring.. new iori still has some kinda of rekkas (drive/hd cancels) so i really dont see why ppl miss em so much.

anyway ,fellas, this is just my opinion :)

100% agreed. And yeah, count on it. As soon as Iori with flames appears, slash Iori will fall in the forgetfulness and everybody will start to spam his fireball.

For those who are excited with having classic Iori, don't expect nothing more than the existing Iori, with Kyo's moves fire in purple. So when you see it, don't start to complain...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:20:57 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 05, 2011, 04:37:21 PM »
Honestly, too many people are attached to certain moves and not actually learning the character/ game in each installment.

Quoted for emphasis.