Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 407857 times)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #780 on: July 11, 2011, 12:41:44 PM »
Commentary was decent.Personally i don't like commentators saying only what s happening on screen except when there are some tight moments and stuff - for the rest i enjoy listening to jokes and stuff.I really liked that guy who commentated some ranbats for 3s - Rockefeller.I was smashing my head against the table and laught so hard at his jokes.That guy is epic ... and i don t like 3s but watched almost all his commentating from youtube just for the sick jokes =))

sample -
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:53:48 PM by KBlackNoah »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 11, 2011, 12:52:13 PM »
After watching some AE after XIII, the XIII commentary felt like a breath of fresh air. Shoutouts to the mute function.

Like Kblacknoah mentioned, I rather have someone give a some informative commentary about the game since over thousand people were watching the stream and this being it's 1st ranbat. Other than that, good shit, Southtown Arcade.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #782 on: July 11, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »
After watching some AE after XIII, the XIII commentary felt like a breath of fresh air. Shoutouts to the mute function.

Like Kblacknoah mentioned, I rather have someone give a some informative commentary about the game since over thousand people were watching the stream and this being it's 1st ranbat. Other than that, good shit, Southtown Arcade.

i didn t said that...i like the contrary =)) insult the players when they make mistakes or something =)) curse, tell good jokes ... just don t fake hype like most of the commentators out there.In between say something about the match or about the game strategies (but not mandatory) ...etc lmao
I want the commentating to be entertaining that s all - that s why i liked Rockafeller because he ballanced all this stuff and you have some informative and crazy entertaining commentary

sample 2 -
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:02:46 PM by KBlackNoah »

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 11, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »
How many people in here like paying for contents thats already in the game?

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 11, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »
How many people in here like paying for contents thats already in the game?

If it'something like colors or certain alternate customs in KOF XIII, i might have a problem... But then again, I do have  other fighters and most of their contents. Also, i've been a long time addict of Keoi warriors games like Dynasty/ Samurai Warriors and Sengoku Basara.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:50:33 PM by AmedoS310 »

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 11, 2011, 02:15:18 PM »
Its a dick move when there aren't good attention behind it. For MASS EFFECT 2 theres a one time code for the ceribus network ( which is a unlock to allow you to download free dlc for the game that could not be completed) when you buy it new, because EA wants to combat 2nd hand sale you'll have have to fork of 15 bucks for it on xbl for the unlock key, on the other hand SSF IV had the costumes in the game already, yet to have them aviable you had to fuck over cash for it, Its annyoing because Capcom clearly has no sense of logic, its not like your punishing people for buying it used, AE is the same its already on the arcade version. I know many who cant take snkp serious for for many reason, this is just stupid. EA and Capcom are the biggest with these offenses.

I swear SNKP better not stoop to this level, there is no way I am supporting you with DLC's like colors unless it looks like you put alot of work into, because a simple color edit mode can to the same thing.
sorry for the rant, I was on capcom unity

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 11, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »
Let's not forget Blazblue CS Color edits which some were recyclabels from the previous game. Also, MK's Classic Ninja army costume pack.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in the xiii conversations and winner protraits : http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/Amedo310/KOF%20XIII%20Art/
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:50:05 PM by AmedoS310 »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 11, 2011, 03:03:34 PM »
I enjoyed the stream. The level of play may not have been the highest but the enthusiasm was off the charts. I felt that the announcers had some idea of KOF and found them entertaining enough. Maybe Kane317 and THE ANSWER should go up there and help out...

I really filled out my ignore list thanks to some rather ignorant people in the stream chat. Some dude actually said KOFXIII looked like an SNES game. So sad.

I really hope the next ranbat uses the standard 60 second rounds. 99 seconds makes too big a difference in the game.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 11, 2011, 03:44:04 PM »
I enjoyed the stream. The level of play may not have been the highest but the enthusiasm was off the charts. I felt that the announcers had some idea of KOF and found them entertaining enough. Maybe Kane317 and THE ANSWER should go up there and help out...

I really filled out my ignore list thanks to some rather ignorant people in the stream chat. Some dude actually said KOFXIII looked like an SNES game. So sad.

I really hope the next ranbat uses the standard 60 second rounds. 99 seconds makes too big a difference in the game.
dude stream trolls do that kind of stuff all the time i honestly dont even think any of them meant it most of em just try to get a rise outta people. you just gotta have fun with it dude especially if you happen to be talking about KoF on somewhere like 4chan

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #789 on: July 11, 2011, 03:48:27 PM »
The amount of time left had an effect on health recovered in XII. I'm still not sure if it matters in XIII. If it does, that's a good reason to stick to 60 second rounds. That plus 99 seconds for Dropkick Raiden is insane, lol.

As far as commentary... it wasn't too bad. I was happy to hear some KoF knowledge proper being stated. I could easily do without the excess cursing or goofiness/joke that people try to add to commentary; it always seems to fall very flat, and really just ends up distracting from the game, but this particular commentary didn't fall into those vices too often. Sporting even-style hype + genuine well-informed info seem to be the 2 most useful elements of solid commentary. Kane and ANSWER pulled it off pretty well at ReveLAtions, I'd say.

On to other things, first, thanks for more artworks, Amedo ^_^

On DLC stuff, lets just say that I hope SNKP keeps everything in the arcade in the game, and DLC is really additional stuff to the game. Putting elements of DLC on a disk isn't a bad thing, but having it ALL there is pretty shady.

I wouldn't mind paying a SMALL price for colors, but I think it'd be better for them to use them as either free promo DLC (like MK is using costumes to buff up "compatability pack"downloads), or as a way of padding paid DLC (like including colors for teams with characters or stages). Wouldn't mind paying a small price for 2nd Palettes like "Big Bear" and "Mr. Karate" stuff, since they've got some solid elements of redrawing spritework in them. Would prefer them to come in expensive packs, though.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 11, 2011, 04:11:10 PM »
I'm not sure which questions they cannot answer yet. They may hold off on answering all of the questions because not answering would admit there's something to the question.
Would it be possible to ask them to just answer one question per week, or something like that?  That way there's not so much push to get them to reveal things they're holding back on prematurely, but they'll still have a chance to actually give some answers to stuff that they're willing to respond to without revealing which questions they're dodging.

For DLC stuff, if it's additions that don't affect gameplay (like extra colors, having Iori's VA for the announcer, menu background wallpapers, or whatever along those lines), I'll only buy it if it comes in a cheap pack, like AH3 giving all DLC colors in a single purchase for about $5.  If it's like the extras in BB, forget it.

I'll buy tourney-legal extra characters because that's kind of a core part of the game, though I'll be annoyed with it since extra characters in a fighting game are basically a forced purchase.  If it's just bosses or the like that would be banned, though, I wouldn't bother.

Any DLC of stuff that's unlockable, I'd ignore.  Earning things is fun *laughs*

Is there an archive of this stream somewhere for people who missed it? Edit: Just checked the stream site...obvious *laughs*
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:12:59 PM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #791 on: July 11, 2011, 04:12:25 PM »
Some dude actually said KOFXIII looked like an SNES game.

That is weak trolling.I would have said it looked like a game gear or lynx game - a VMU game lmao maybe =)) ... fuck! - a board game looks better than this shit . I was to lazy to login i would have made some fine trolling last night.
Gotta love stream monsters.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #792 on: July 11, 2011, 04:29:23 PM »
Some dude actually said KOFXIII looked like an SNES game.

Obviously, he never had quality video games of the times.

Enjoyed the stream a lot. Now I'm itching to play the game again.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 11, 2011, 05:12:58 PM »
I loved the commentary of last night. They didn't have the knowledge so much but they def. had the entertainment/hype down pat and the chemistry for the most part was phenominal. In a perfect world, you have a straight talkin play by play man that can talk details and strats and whatnot, and then u got the color commentator talkin up hype moments and asking questions. Commentary (with really good chemistry) really goes far with these things (which is why I've always wanted to be one =P).

Also, u can always click on their name and ignore. Stream Monsters will be stream monsters.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 11, 2011, 05:59:12 PM »
That's nothing, I once read in an spanish forum that XII was a 3d game made on mugen

TOP THAT

Waifu Material