Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 407306 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #810 on: July 11, 2011, 11:34:51 PM »
Could just include Billy and the potential DLC chara, but yeah, did notice that particular wording!

While there are loads of characters I wanna see in this game... Mary would be pretty high towards the top. Her style of grapples and counters aren't really represented in this game yet... HD mode multi-grapple would make my day, too.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 11, 2011, 11:39:13 PM »
Not sure if I like NeoMAXs cost 2 stocks now... Maybe is only in HD mode or maybe is only for 1vs1, but still I think this has been changed due to fansrvice visual reason and I'm affraid this change gameplay too much and makes game cheaper/broken..
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #812 on: July 11, 2011, 11:47:40 PM »
I dunno... if NEOMAX took 2 bars when MAX cancelled into, 3 on their own, that'd be a nice, passive way to tighten the tiers up just a bit. It'd be a nice way to allow a wider range of characters to do massive damage at mid-screen. It'd take 3 total meters now rather than 4, and would still require being in HD mode... but it'd now cost the same as EX move -> (random moves) EX DM, which many players are already comfortable with (see Shen)...

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 12, 2011, 12:03:25 AM »
I don't see how the game becomes cheaper/broken just because neomaxes would take one power bar less to perform.

They aren't used 99% of the time in the arcade version which basically makes them a complete waste of effort on SNK's part.

Didn't Kim just do an aerial version of his DM... as an EX? Arcade original allows his DM to be EX'd only on ground, right?

And Athena had an extra /new voice clip during her Neomax.

Oh, and didn't notice, Terry pulled iphone's "Rock you! BUSTA WOLF!" here too.

Watched it at work when I first posted so didn't hear the new voice clips.

And nice catch on Kim's exdm.

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 12, 2011, 03:13:14 AM »
I don't see how the game becomes cheaper/broken just because neomaxes would take one power bar less to perform.

They aren't used 99% of the time in the arcade version which basically makes them a complete waste of effort on SNK's part.

Didn't Kim just do an aerial version of his DM... as an EX? Arcade original allows his DM to be EX'd only on ground, right?

And Athena had an extra /new voice clip during her Neomax.

Oh, and didn't notice, Terry pulled iphone's "Rock you! BUSTA WOLF!" here too.

Watched it at work when I first posted so didn't hear the new voice clips.

And nice catch on Kim's exdm.
Its going to most likely worry me if they kept raidens drop kick damage as it is in the arcade version. Making easier for raiden users to win Drop kick + drop kick again + neo max = much damage just hope its nerfed it isnt going to be in 1v1 only or something about thos e 2 bars to do NEOMAX
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:23:26 AM by Sonikku »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 12, 2011, 03:19:40 AM »

I think SNKP just made KOFXIII closer to 02UM, in 02UM you can do a HDSM outside of MAX mode and it will take 3 bars. But if you activate MAX Mode you can do the same HDSM and it will only take 2 bars. Making NeoMAX's more frequent and a good way to end a HD Mode Combo in a fancier way.

Another note, maybe this change will be exactly like 02UM in which you do the HDSM outside off MAX Mode the damage will be higher, but if you do it while in MAX Mode, the damage of the HDSM will be tone down. That is what I think SNKP is doing with this changes and that didn't really made 02UM broken.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:22:59 AM by DarKaoZ »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 12, 2011, 03:24:10 AM »
There is a big difference that worries me a bit

I could see this working only if this works:

3 stock without HD mode
2 with HD mode
3 with hd mode when you pull it after a max cancel

Otherwise if you can pull a neomax with only 2 stock and you can also max cancel them I think that will be a bad idea

Waifu Material

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 12, 2011, 04:00:10 AM »
man this is a huge change for a game coming to console, the console version would be completely different not just a re balance.  pretty risky? or what do you guys think?
" you fight well in the old style"

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 12, 2011, 04:05:20 AM »
man this is a huge change for a game coming to console, the console version would be completely different not just a re balance.  pretty risky? or what do you guys think?

I prefer the game to be balanced and SNKP is not dumb, they will release the same console version for NESICAxLive, then update if necessary. Kinda what ArcSystems Works did with BBCS.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #819 on: July 12, 2011, 05:07:08 AM »
I dunno. You think 2 stocks, full Drive (outside HD) would still be balanced though, since most of the comebacks happen when HD mode is activated? Although yeah, this means trouble with Raiden's Dropkick, A, Dropkick, NeoMax combo. Or perhaps even with an EX Shoulder Tackle in between.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 12, 2011, 05:16:48 AM »
I think SNKP just made KOFXIII closer to 02UM, in 02UM you can do a HDSM outside of MAX mode and it will take 3 bars. But if you activate MAX Mode you can do the same HDSM and it will only take 2 bars. Making NeoMAX's more frequent and a good way to end a HD Mode Combo in a fancier way.

I think what was going on in this was if you activate MAX it already took one bar so the super you do was free totaling 1 bar, 1 super. So if you tried to do an HDSM you already used on bar to activate so they just took two more totaling 3. I don't know how they could do something similar with 13 though since it has that extra drive bar and not just super.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:19:03 AM by Demoninja »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #821 on: July 12, 2011, 05:40:02 AM »
If it's 2 bars for a Max Cancel Neomax, that's either a 3 or 4 bar commitment, depending on if you did a normal or EX DM, to get to the MAX Cancel status.

It'd be a nice buff, but it wouldn't be that much of a difference. Take for instance, Raiden. How many EX Shoulders does he normally use in his KILL combos? Or how about Leona with EX Moon Slashers?

I guess the scariest things here, would be the fact that you could now squeeze another EX move into a combo, before MAX cancel -> Neomax.  That could lead to some even crazier juggles, and lead to a wider range of the cast having high damage combos.

If a max cancel ending off am HD mode string of normals cost the same as a naked Neomax, and they end up doing not-too-much different damage, due to the early hits scaling the MAX stuff down, I think the change would just make fights more interesting, in the end. The strong wouldn't get THAT much stronger, and the weaker would get to use their full toolsets more actively, which would help cover some of their shortcomings.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 12, 2011, 05:45:02 AM »
if you are all talking about kula, may i remind you that she has an EXDM that looks like her NM?  ;)
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 12, 2011, 05:45:50 AM »
I think what was going on in this was if you activate MAX it already took one bar so the super you do was free totaling 1 bar, 1 super. So if you tried to do an HDSM you already used on bar to activate so they just took two more totaling 3. I don't know how they could do something similar with 13 though since it has that extra drive bar and not just super.

Well since you are in HD Mode, you can still do a EXDM and the rest of the HD Bar will be drain if you do a 2 bar NeoMAX. But if they do it like 02UM, the NeoMAX damage while in HD Mode will be modified and will do less damage. But still the sum of an EXDM+NeoMAX would be good enough, yet you will need 4 bars in total.

If it's 2 bars for a Max Cancel Neomax, that's either a 3 or 4 bar commitment, depending on if you did a normal or EX DM, to get to the MAX Cancel status.

It'd be a nice buff, but it wouldn't be that much of a difference. Take for instance, Raiden. How many EX Shoulders does he normally use in his KILL combos? Or how about Leona with EX Moon Slashers?

I guess the scariest things here, would be the fact that you could now squeeze another EX move into a combo, before MAX cancel -> Neomax.  That could lead to some even crazier juggles, and lead to a wider range of the cast having high damage combos.

If a max cancel ending off am HD mode string of normals cost the same as a naked Neomax, and they end up doing not-too-much different damage, due to the early hits scaling the MAX stuff down, I think the change would just make fights more interesting, in the end. The strong wouldn't get THAT much stronger, and the weaker would get to use their full toolsets more actively, which would help cover some of their shortcomings.

Indeed, this change is good and would be welcome IMO.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #824 on: July 12, 2011, 06:03:18 AM »
I remember the early confusion on if neomax's were MAX mode exclusive or not. I liked the idea of HD mode signifying the fact they COULD be used, but it wouldn't make great sense for people with counter NM's like Lizzy and Goro. So I'm glad at the way it turned out, and would appreciate a MAX cancel -> NM buff.

if you are all talking about kula, may i remind you that she has an EXDM that looks like her NM?  ;)

Naa, we're talking about Terry at the video's end. He MAX cancels from Buster Wolf to Trinity Geyser, and the 2 DMs together take a combination of 3 meters. Would be a very interesting change...