Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 407383 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #930 on: July 16, 2011, 07:10:04 AM »
you people take shit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to serious

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #931 on: July 16, 2011, 07:29:31 AM »
This is real exciting news. Thanks for bringing it to our attention SAB-CA!

Glad to help ^_^ I now aiming to make the 5 and a half hour drive to Otakon for the first time ever, myself... really enjoy such cons, and this is the perfect extra push to actually go to this one.

I still dont understand why the hell SNK PLAYMORE JP is doing nothing in Asia !!!  :( If they do something in HK i will be glad to take the train to take a peek... god...

For now, I'd assume it's because the arcade version is a BIG "something". But I would expect them to do something serious towards a month or 2 before release. Maybe then the magazine specials, collaborations, special events, and attnetion at events like TGS or such will occur...

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 16, 2011, 09:05:27 AM »
ATLUS has also committed to offer support to KOF XIII tournaments taking place at both EVO and Otakon, providing special prizes for participants.

I wonder what tournament at EVO they are talking about? ;)

If they proivde a console tournament, are you guys going to switch over from the arcade?

I will be testing the console version a few days before EVO and if it's not arcade perfect we will not use it. If the console version is arcade perfect we might consider using it.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 16, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »
Holy crap.  One busy day at work and a couple pages sprout up when I finally get 5mins to read.

Disrespecting ANY game will not be tolerated; I've mentioned it before and I will not mention it again.  I'm sure I don't need to explain why it's a bad idea for the KoF community.

Evo news is incredible and two weeks can't come any sooner.   I hope for your sakes you guys don't miss out on Evo.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 16, 2011, 11:08:41 AM »
something really simple, regarding mk its my view on things. this has nothing to do with the community or whatever, its about me not liking certain fighters that i think are shit. since when is one mans word the word of the community? people shouldnt get hurt because somebody didnt like the fighters that they enjoy. everybody is entitled to their own opinions. personally i still feel mk is a bad game, better than older ones but still not good. everything about it pretty much sucks (always has) and that how i feel about it. if you dont agree good for you.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 16, 2011, 01:04:11 PM »
something really simple, regarding mk its my view on things. this has nothing to do with the community or whatever, its about me not liking certain fighters that i think are shit. since when is one mans word the word of the community? people shouldnt get hurt because somebody didnt like the fighters that they enjoy. everybody is entitled to their own opinions. personally i still feel mk is a bad game, better than older ones but still not good. everything about it pretty much sucks (always has) and that how i feel about it. if you dont agree good for you.

Everyone can have their own opinion; that's ok.  MK9 personally isn't my cup of tea either, but it's the way that you're communicating it that reflects badly on the community.  You thinking that the way you posted about MK9 doesn't reflect badly on the community is naive.  

Wake up and smell the coffee Musolini, KOF isn't going to win a popularity contest in the Western hemisphere anytime soon.  You taking a crap on, for a better lack of term, on one of American's beloved FG isn't going to help us where we want to go either.  Like mentioned before, the same reason we get defensive when haters diss XIII all the time because there's no mutual respect--it's no mystery why the FG community is so fragmented.

We're not forcing you to like MK9, heck nobody could convince me the same either--but still be respectful.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:07:24 PM by Kane317 »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 16, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »
Evo news is incredible and two weeks can't come any sooner.   I hope for your sakes you guys don't miss out on Evo.
Buy me a plane ticket and I will be there.

Or I just concentrate building scene here in Finland. Kinda surprised that here are actually people who like the series and are intrested about XIII.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 16, 2011, 04:32:05 PM »
for those who care i closed down the steam group since it wasn't being used

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 16, 2011, 06:54:15 PM »

Everyone can have their own opinion; that's ok.  MK9 personally isn't my cup of tea either, but it's the way that you're communicating it that reflects badly on the community.  You thinking that the way you posted about MK9 doesn't reflect badly on the community is naive.  

Wake up and smell the coffee Musolini, KOF isn't going to win a popularity contest in the Western hemisphere anytime soon.  You taking a crap on, for a better lack of term, on one of American's beloved FG isn't going to help us where we want to go either.  Like mentioned before, the same reason we get defensive when haters diss XIII all the time because there's no mutual respect--it's no mystery why the FG community is so fragmented.

We're not forcing you to like MK9, heck nobody could convince me the same either--but still be respectful.

yeah it was more an answer to the old crappy neo games and melty blood being shit. i dont know mb but from what ive seen from it its probably still better than mk. and my reason for dissing nmk was because thopse shitty snk games still shit on even mk9 withoput disrespecting it. games as old as ffs and ss2 both are still better games than even mk9, thats not even talking about laters titles. as bad as some of those snk fighters where,mk9 still isnt better or as good.

any back to topic.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 16, 2011, 09:05:38 PM »
Buy me a plane ticket and I will be there.

Or I just concentrate building scene here in Finland. Kinda surprised that here are actually people who like the series and are intrested about XIII.

So you are from Finland are you? Well I would like to express my gratitude to your country for blessing this world with fine metal bands such as Children of Bodom and Amorphis.

I can't hook you up with plane tickets, but I can post my own experience at Evo as it happens. I know it's not much but it's all I can do.

I will be testing the console version a few days before EVO and if it's not arcade perfect we will not use it. If the console version is arcade perfect we might consider using it.

I think if the balance isn't arcade perfect it should be more reason to use it at the tournament. It will help level the playing field for those of us who are new to the game. Although, I do admit I would probably take the opposite point of view if I was already really experienced at the arcade version. But as it stands I have only played this game once, and I'll take any handicap I can get.

Besides, if they by some miracle have Blue Mary in the console version they bring there, and you don't let me use her, I might cry. Do you wanna see a grown man cry?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:08:28 PM by MetalThrashingMadman »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 16, 2011, 09:22:20 PM »
This is the best thing you can do. I will try to do the same in Spain when I get console version (not sure if it will be possible though..)

Side note, I would prefer as tournament prize a better Mai in console version than that sluty figurine of her.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 16, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »
This is the best thing you can do. I will try to do the same in Spain when I get console version (not sure if it will be possible though..)

Side note, I would prefer as tournament prize a better Mai in console version than that sluty figurine of her.
lol someones a little mad

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 16, 2011, 10:31:30 PM »

Is there anything wrong with Mai in the game?

And I agree with you, that figurine is slutty..

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 16, 2011, 10:33:44 PM »
I don't know why is funny to me the mental image of the winner of a tournament demanding buffs to his favorite character

Ono: ''Congratulations Daigo, you had won EVO 2011, what do you want for prize''
Daigo: Ono,  men I strongly believe that Yun needs some buffs in the next rebalance of the game, the dork is not that good and he really needs the rub. Ryu needs some too''
Ono: I can't wait to post this on twitter
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:41:41 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 16, 2011, 11:44:44 PM »
OMG slutty Mai, what a surprise.