Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404183 times)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #1005 on: July 18, 2011, 05:59:01 AM »
Not that I'm complaining, but where are all these King players coming from? lol
King's really fun to play.

I'going to learn every character since i'm sure not alot serious people are going to pick this up in Baltimore. Might as well learn each character in the game like i used to do in 02um.

I like how every aof except yuri  has a move that does lighting attacks which can help build meter.

hey guys since the 3rd member of my team is kinda out there would you guys recommend using more kensou or yuri?

Kensou

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 18, 2011, 06:00:56 AM »
King's really fun to play.

I'going to learn every character since i'm sure not alot serious people are going to pick this up in Baltimore. Might as well learn each character in the game like i used to do in 02um.

I like how every aof except yuri  has a move that does lighting attacks which can help build meter.

hey guys since the 3rd member of my team is kinda out there would you guys recommend using more kensou or yuri?

Kensou
any reason why?

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 18, 2011, 06:06:18 AM »
any reason why?

Kensou's meter gain is vastly superior to Yuri's.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 18, 2011, 06:08:45 AM »
any reason why?

also sorry to bug ya but where would a good placement for him be with a team consisting of kyo and robert?

krazykone123

« Reply #1009 on: July 18, 2011, 06:11:58 AM »

Yuri has tricks for days, Kensou is umm Kensou.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 18, 2011, 06:13:47 AM »
any reason why?

also sorry to bug ya but where would a good placement for him be with a team consisting of kyo and robert?

I would say first. As mentioned, Kensou is relatively good gaining meter, and Robert and Kyo make extensive use of drive meter for cancels/HD mode and DMs. Kensou has a decent zoning game so he can get by. Robert and Kyo can have their places interchanged since they both are meter heavy.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 18, 2011, 06:15:07 AM »
any reason why?

I would say first. As mentioned, Kensou is relatively good gaining meter, and Robert and Kyo make extensive use of drive meter for cancels/HD mode and DMs. Kensou has a decent zoning game so he can get by. Robert and Kyo can have their places interchanged since they both are meter heavy.
ok thanks for the help

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 18, 2011, 06:42:56 AM »
I play King in pretty much any KOF game she appears in. She has always been my favourite female fighter my hype level went through the roof the day they announced her.

As for the XII stages, i really liked the Russia stage so i'm hoping it'll come back.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 18, 2011, 06:53:37 AM »
Also, both Robert and Kyo build meter pretty well. Robert has f,b,f+B/D and kyo has hcb+B/D. Kensou has dp+B/D, rekkas, and that unreliable dp+A/C.

I play King in pretty much any KOF game she appears in. She has always been my favourite female fighter my hype level went through the roof the day they announced her.

As for the XII stages, i really liked the Russia stage so i'm hoping it'll come back.

Russia was like the only stage that didn't make a return. That seems more like Kula's stage anyway.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 18, 2011, 07:16:01 AM »
mmm, that's actually a really cool prize.

There are pictures of said figurine?

Figurine: http://www.amazon.com/Shiranui-Hipline-Version-Omega-Figure/dp/B003OIBDHE/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1310796087&sr=8-14

That figure is nothing compared to this one. It's even modeled after Mai's KOFXIII version. Too bad this was a specific garage kit and not mass produced.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_N40H14oImOA/TVFBbSBQfsI/AAAAAAAABLA/apq1_bCX5rw/s1600/110206_wfw_fighter04.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_N40H14oImOA/TVFBaZGCCZI/AAAAAAAABK8/ozWHjktcKpI/s1600/110206_wfw_fighter03.JPG

This time around it's hard for me to decide on a team. So the only person for my team in XIII is Ash so far. Same as when I play 03 and XI.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:48:46 AM by Gravelneed »

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 18, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »
Probably gonna roll K'/Billy/Raiden

What?

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1016 on: July 18, 2011, 07:56:27 AM »
Too many teams!

Maxima, Leona, and Chin will be a solid start, most likely.

Hwa, Vice, Takuma, Robert, TERRY, Clark, King, Duo, Betty... these all (and probably more!) are possibilities, too.

I'll really miss Blue Mary as well. Need some Real Counter -> Real Backdrop! If she makes it, she'd probably fit into each and every team variation I'd try to make...

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 18, 2011, 09:32:45 AM »
Vice, Mature, Takuma, and Hwa here, Oh yea! Hopefully Yamazaki :)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 18, 2011, 10:23:47 AM »
That figure is nothing compared to this one. It's even modeled after Mai's KOFXIII version. Too bad this was a specific garage kit and not mass produced.
+1
You guys really need to stop bashing within the community. Dream Cancel is starting to look like 4chan. Looking from the outside in, I don't see how anyone would feel comfortable entering the community knowing the etiquette (or lack thereof) you guys are displaying. More and more I'm realizing that a lot of posts in the past few days/weeks have been rather nonconstructive or uninformative.

Sibarraz's post was more focused on the status of XII stages and whether or not they'd be in XIII. Focus on that rather than make this a another "Let's Hate on XII" thread.
+2
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:27:25 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1019 on: July 18, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »
hell you got salty when somebody criticized your purchase with the VLX stick, is really stupid and does no favor to anyone

I didn't called him stupid or anything.I was a bit "salty" because the guy didn't even played one and was saying it is shit and was talking nonsense (that is not stating your opinions it's just trying to look interesting when you are not).Everybody can have an opinion contrary to mine i will not call them stupid or anything, i will argue until i get bored or just ignore him.Forums are places for discussion and this stuff can't be avoided and for that matter is a normal thing.You and the others stop posing in some kind of mother mary of the forums...nah forget it