Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404149 times)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #1050 on: July 19, 2011, 01:05:57 PM »
I don't know about making teams that make sense. I just like using characters that I find fun to play.

No problem with that, but you are familiar with team chemistry right?

LOL this is not a tag and assist game.There is no team chemistry.If you want to win just pick high tiers/counter pick if possible.If you play for fun just choose the characters you enjoy more.

krazykone123

« Reply #1051 on: July 19, 2011, 04:19:45 PM »
LOL this is not a tag and assist game.

Sure isn't.

There is no team chemistry.

Nope.

If you want to win just pick high tiers/counter pick if possible.

At it's core, that is Team Chemistry.

If you play for fun just choose the characters you enjoy more.

As long as your last character can at least do a 85% combo, well that and counter pick when possible.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1052 on: July 19, 2011, 04:27:45 PM »
There is not any kind of team chemistry the characters are independent from each other.The only thing that matter is to know the characters and like i said if you play to win learn the high tiers.In 98 and some older kof's there is a bit of it since i like to have characters with good relations so in case i get stun in my corner the team mate can help me - still it doesn't matter that much.

Edit: 50pt type is not necessary.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 04:51:22 PM by nilcam »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 19, 2011, 04:33:21 PM »
mmm, I don't know, there are examples, like one friend who told me than in 98um he never picks ex yuri and eiji because he feels than both characters play similar, then there is all the factor of those characters who are used just to earn stocks, and later the ones that will use those stocks, and so and on, there is also all the factor of counter picks

About pick the high tiers, I'm not so sure about that one, at least in 2002um, 98um, and in a lesser extent XIII, you can still see teams beating high tiers teams without using the 2 or 3 gods of the game

I could see both points actually.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 04:51:47 PM by nilcam »

Waifu Material

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1054 on: July 19, 2011, 04:55:59 PM »
you can still see teams beating high tiers teams without using the 2 or 3 gods of the game

Playing high tiers is not guarantee win but there are higher chances to win than wih low tiers.i personally play a lot of low tiers and mid tiers and i still win most of my matches in 98.But against a high level player with high tiers you're most likely gonna lose if you only have low tiers in your team..sometimes mid tiers can help but it depends.

And again with team chemistry.It has no sense in XIII (in some older kof's that used assists it really mattered but it wasn't so deep) because during a match it doesn t matter who are your team mates because you ar fighting 1 to 1.If you are smart you will pick to win the characters with the biggest health and/or damage.That is not team chemistry ... that is playing to win using rudimentary logic.In mvc 3 there is a lot of team chemistry because assists can be a decisive factor in a game, you have to experiment a lot until you get a perfect team - by using your previous experience from older matches.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:00:30 PM by KBlackNoah »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1055 on: July 19, 2011, 05:04:33 PM »
"Team Chemistry" probably means who gets to be the battery and anchor though. While it's true that you are technically doing a 1 on 1 fight for each member in the team, you have to admit someone's gonna be better at raking power stocks than others. Someone else is also gonna be more dangerous to play as with power stocks while another won't be even needing those at all.

Let's say for example you want Yagami at your 3rd slot. While you may be able to form a team with Vice and Leona, you're obviously not gonna be able to get as much stocks than from a team with K' and Kyo.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1056 on: July 19, 2011, 05:08:40 PM »
There is "Team Chemistry" in KoF, it's just not the same (or as significant) as it was in KoF XI, or in the MvC series.

Meter management, both in it's grown and use, is an element of chemistry. You don't want to have 3 heavily meter-dependent characters on a team, or multiple people that your playstyle gets the same basic use out of.

Where you personally choose to place your heavy hitters, whom you decide to meter-build with, and who to spend it all with, what rounds you decide to do it on, what order you put the members in; these are all elements of team chemistry.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:40:07 PM by SAB-CA »

krazykone123

« Reply #1057 on: July 19, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »
There is "Team Chemistry" in KoF, it's just not the same (or as significant) as it was in KoF XI, or in the MvC series.

Meter management, both in it's grown and use, is an element of chemistry. You don't want to have 3 heavily meter-dependent characters on a team, or multiple people that your playstyle gets the same basic use out of.

Where you personally choose to place your heavy hitters, whom you decideo meter-build with, and who to spend it all with, what rounds you decide to do it on, what order you put the members in; these are all elements of team chemistry.

Yup.

Let's say for example you want Yagami at your 3rd slot. While you may be able to form a team with Vice and Leona, you're obviously not gonna be able to get as much stocks than from a team with K' and Kyo.

True, Vice is a meter vampire in XIII so putting Yagami after her is suicide.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 19, 2011, 06:41:47 PM »
mmm, maybe the correct word is not chemistry?

I don't know, there must be a difference between mahvel and KOF on how to make your team

Maybe in the sense than in KOF, making a team is more generic than said marvel where the combinations could be maybe more specific or different

For example, (I don't know shit of marvel, so this are just generic examples) cap america works well with wesker, but he works even better with deadpool

In KOF if we use the previous example, you can change vice for another character that doesn't use so many stocks and Iori will not be really affected that much in comparission with c.america
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:47:49 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1059 on: July 19, 2011, 07:05:12 PM »
There is little complications in choosing a team (personally i will play the players i used to play before because of preference, and i think no one has ever thought too much when choosing a team) when you know the characters.It really doesn't matter that much.It matters most the health and damage which is rudimentary chemical bullshit.Why complicate such simple stuff?... i have no idea because there is nothing deep in choosing your characters in XIII, everybody will play the characters they are better with - end of story

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 19, 2011, 07:05:56 PM »
Team chemistry does matter, unless you're going to play the game completely oblivoius to hd, and meter, then sure it's independent. Certain characters do crap damage without meter, you need to compensate for things like that by changing order and picking a teamate that builds meter well
" you fight well in the old style"

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1061 on: July 19, 2011, 07:35:30 PM »
Team chemistry does matter, unless you're going to play the game completely oblivoius to hd, and meter, then sure it's independent. Certain characters do crap damage without meter, you need to compensate for things like that by changing order and picking a teamate that builds meter well

i didn t said it doesn t matter...but in 13 there is little to no team chemistry.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 19, 2011, 09:30:31 PM »
You sound like you're contradicting yourself, or at least belittling a strategy thats prevalent in just about every KOF, and XIII is no exception. Unless you're running in with Top Tier All Rounders, certain char orders will work out a lot better than just random placement of characters.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 19, 2011, 09:39:43 PM »
The characters I plan to use are:
K, Kula, Maxima, Chin, Iori, Ash, Leona, King, Takuma, Robert and Benimaru.

Team order? I usually don't care about the order.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 19, 2011, 09:57:16 PM »
The characters I plan to use are:
K, Kula, Maxima, Chin, Iori, Ash, Leona, King, Takuma, Robert and Benimaru.

Team order? I usually don't care about the order.

But you GOTTA select your odor!