Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 407494 times)

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #1110 on: July 20, 2011, 09:08:33 PM »
Hopefully it won't end up getting that many sales, it seems like people are getting more pissed than usual at capcom's "rerelease almost the exact same game every year until it stops making money" business strategy this time around.

I'm glad I jumped off the Capcom bandwagon at SFIV.  I'll take DLC over another $50 disc any day.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #1111 on: July 20, 2011, 09:22:12 PM »
Hopefully it won't end up getting that many sales, it seems like people are getting more pissed than usual at capcom's "rerelease almost the exact same game every year until it stops making money" business strategy this time around.

I'm glad I jumped off the Capcom bandwagon at SFIV.  I'll take DLC over another $50 disc any day.
I'm glad I never jumped on it. :3
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 20, 2011, 09:23:19 PM »
I know most people who were planning to buy KOF 13 in NorCal will buy it anyway regardless of UMvC3. I only had plans to save up enough for KOF but I'll make adjustments to get the new Marvel as well even though I really don't want to.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 20, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »
I know I will spend most of my money in fighters. SF3rdOE in August, KOFXIII in Octuber and now UMvC3 in November. Damn it... too many fighters.

There's no women in their new roster. Hope XIII console doesn't make the same error with it's new characters.

Why is it bad that there isn't any new Females in UMvC3? I really can't think of any other female worth putting there besides Lady(DMC4) and Roll(Megaman), maybe on the Marvel side would be nice. But I still don't see the bad part about not having females in the update, there are plenty in the original roster.

BTW Why the fuck did Nemesis and Rocket Raccoon make it to the roster? Those 2 are just wasting space, they could had easily been replaced. Nemesis by Jin or Gene and Rocket Raccoon by Ms. Marvel or Gambit, bah! Stupid Capcom.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 20, 2011, 10:05:10 PM »
Before we go too much OT UMvC3 talk can go here

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=585.msg21145#new
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 21, 2011, 02:22:39 AM »
Anyone else think pushing the launch date 2 months back will hurt snkp, on the plus side it can provide an extra 2 months to hype it before release. I'm definitely worried because this put a hamper in kof building popularity in the state especially with a Goliath like that who's fans will walk heaven or hell for.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 21, 2011, 02:38:19 AM »
It does not change the fact that people who want to play kof, will play kof. It can't be helped. Also, forget about popularity for SNK. There's too much ignorance in the state to get all worked on popularity. At this point, fighting games will go in the back sit next year.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 21, 2011, 03:28:43 AM »
mmm, a 20 day span still could be useful for Atlus, it will not be the first time than a fighting fan will bought 2 games and like a month of difference

KOF XIII has all the momentum that almost nobody has played the game, will marvel not, maybe the game will just do fine, and I doubt that atlus was expecting to sell 2 million of units, at least I know that the game will sell better than XIII, and maybe with that atlus will had a good profit, or as long as the game sell the same units than calamity trigger SNKP and Atlus will be happy, and I could see that happening

Waifu Material

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 21, 2011, 03:35:50 AM »
at least I know that the game will sell better than XII

Fixed.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 21, 2011, 03:37:46 AM »
I just wish Atlus was putting more effort into the advertisement of the game. I know they are doing a lot for the community, but I think they could do something for the general public. Their last trailer, while informative "gameplay-wise", wasn't impressive and didn't bring that much hype. They also need to update their website with info, at least with the info about the arcade cast or something. Hopefully after Otakon/EVO they start doing so.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 21, 2011, 04:12:03 AM »
I just wish Atlus was putting more effort into the advertisement of the game. I know they are doing a lot for the community, but I think they could do something for the general public. Their last trailer, while informative "gameplay-wise", wasn't impressive and didn't bring that much hype. They also need to update their website with info, at least with the info about the arcade cast or something. Hopefully after Otakon/EVO they start doing so.
dude i think they can pretty much only do what snk allows them to do

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 21, 2011, 04:42:12 AM »
This reminded me, I recall hearing that back in the 2003-2004 SNKP used the WWE to promote KOF Maximum Impact

It was that true?

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 21, 2011, 04:44:32 AM »
This reminded me, I recall hearing that back in the 2003-2004 SNKP used the WWE to promote KOF Maximum Impact

It was that true?
i think so i remember them saying something about it on one of the shows

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 21, 2011, 07:06:20 AM »

It was that true?
THey did, I remember a ton of MI trailers during RAW.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 21, 2011, 07:57:20 AM »
*looks at a website* hmm... it seems people are already doing color hacks for XIII. There is even a Blue Mary color for Leona and a KOF2001 Andy color scheme.

Dunno if I can post links, but after seen these color edits, I really hope SNKP adds a Color Editor on KOFXIII.