Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 407725 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #1140 on: July 22, 2011, 01:26:20 AM »
Hm, I see, or ComiCon or Otakon, but not both.

Also it seems you won't see Capcom in Otakon, so maybe they thought of that and use that to have the plaza for KOFXIII. Well I'm just assuming Capcom won't be in Otakon since they are in Comic-Con.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 22, 2011, 09:24:12 AM »
I never really got the appeal of color edits. Why do people love that so much??

For me, I actually like creating pixel art, and getting to manipulate colors on such well-detailed, well rendered characters is pretty cool.

Along with that, it's also fun to make team colors, or to try and replicate characters SNKP would never think to make reference to.

It'd be especially cool for XIII, where the character colors have been broken into multiple parts, to allow for "alternate costumes". Such versatility would allow for lots of creativity, great for those who'll take the modifications seriously.

One more note, NGBC's modification was fantastic. It allowed you to generate gradients between colors automatically, to make shading and highlighting much easier for those who don't want to get into elements of color theroy, or manipulate several colors to make a decent skin tone. It was cool to see them put some extra time and care into it.

Huh, that's... wow.

I guess this kind of thing is for the artsy type of people.

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 22, 2011, 09:37:55 AM »
Cool to see that i'm not the onlu one into pixelart.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 22, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »
Yup, Pixelart is great!

But if SNKP gives us the chance to do color edits, that would make the game so much fun for me. Heck, I don't care if they charge me 5 bux just to have 10 slots for custom colors, I will gladly pay that.

Talking about Edits, on that same page, they made an awesome color edit for Clark. He is all green, but the reason for that is so cool, I never would had thought of it. He looks like a Toy Soldier and that fits him perfectly. Stuff like that can make a character more interesting and just fun to watch.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 22, 2011, 10:13:10 AM »
Okay, I'm sorry, but can someone please PM me the link to what you guys are talking about??  It sounds really cool.  I got the clue I just can't find it even with that

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 22, 2011, 10:30:39 AM »
Okay, I'm sorry, but can someone please PM me the link to what you guys are talking about??  It sounds really cool.  I got the clue I just can't find it even with that

-

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 22, 2011, 11:05:51 AM »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1147 on: July 22, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »
The Army man Clark looks pretty cool, but from that vid, I think his gradient could be improved just a bit. Still, the dramatic shading is pretty nice; he did a nice job with the yellowish highlighting.

And It's funny that his "Naked Apron" Yuri actually looks less vulgar, and more like a reference to a certain Alt outfit for a certain Cherry Blossom. It's almost 100% the same as the first color! I'd like to see it make the final game, for that reason... not like Yuri doesn't already steal her DP for an EX...

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 22, 2011, 05:58:31 PM »
Fuck a Color Edit. Or better yet, give me the option to turn it off.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1149 on: July 22, 2011, 06:08:41 PM »
....Yeah, the option to disable it would be nice, if they include it. I can also appreciate the fact that not everyone is going to want to see other players creations, especially since many will just make the ugliest / most annoying things possible, to mess with their opponents.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 22, 2011, 08:01:24 PM »
....Yeah, the option to disable it would be nice, if they include it. I can also appreciate the fact that not everyone is going to want to see other players creations, especially since many will just make the ugliest / most annoying things possible, to mess with their opponents.

Those people only give me more of a reason to beat them up. lol

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 22, 2011, 08:31:08 PM »
I believe than they should add a ban to color edit in ranked matches if they add the option, player ones are OK

Waifu Material

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #1152 on: July 22, 2011, 09:13:49 PM »
Fuck a Color Edit. Or better yet, give me the option to turn it off.
This.
I despised people in NGBC who would make a character with rainbow skin, pitch black clothes, and a pink outline (or whatever they'd do).

Blah.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1153 on: July 22, 2011, 11:37:03 PM »
The "glitchy" looking garbage palettes and pure black (aka Noob Saibot) ones are the worst.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 23, 2011, 01:02:38 AM »
I've just downloaded kof I on my iPad. One word, gorgeous!!  On topic, I don't mind them including co our edit as Lon as you can disable it. If it,s something that they need to invest time to create I prefer them spending that on something else like alt costumes.