Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404196 times)

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #1170 on: July 24, 2011, 08:26:56 AM »
At a forum I hear someone is saying Atlus is Debuting Console Release of King of Fighters XIII at Otakon meaning its next friday. So I'm wondering if there will be reveals for more characters. Not sure if you guys know about this.

Have you had a chance to listen to our podcast? we mention a lot about that.
LOL sorry its just I dont come around here much

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 24, 2011, 05:16:04 PM »
Well, I'm sure that who ever get's their hands on the console version need to burst out takuma's glitch. It should be priority #1.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 24, 2011, 07:38:48 PM »
Well, I'm sure that who ever get's their hands on the console version need to burst out takuma's glitch. It should be priority #1.

I don't really see how that should be priority one. If it is fixed fine, but if it isn't I'm sure it will be. SNKp ain't that stupid. If we are aware of this glitch, then I am sure they are.

I'm far more interested in seeing if there are any new characters. You can bet that if there are I'll get some footage of it (especially if Mary is there). My second priority will be to find out if we really can do the mid-air EXDMs and 2 stock neomax moves.

The wait is killing me. I want to be there already.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 24, 2011, 07:48:46 PM »
Hey everyone just going to post this here as well, please remember to tune into the IPW stream today for more KOF 13 action! Action should start around 1pm PST. Make sure to catch the new challengers from SoCal and see how NorCal's relatively new community stacks up.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 24, 2011, 07:57:03 PM »

I don't really see how that should be priority one. If it is fixed fine, but if it isn't I'm sure it will be. SNKp ain't that stupid. If we are aware of this glitch, then I am sure they are.

I'm far more interested in seeing if there are any new characters. You can bet that if there are I'll get some footage of it (especially if Mary is there). My second priority will be to find out if we really can do the mid-air EXDMs and 2 stock neomax moves.

At Evo?

And SNKP have done stranger things before, for example, in the KOF 2002 console with 3D backgrounds, Kim's d,d+K glitch became easy to do...

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 24, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »

At Evo?

And SNKP have done stranger things before, for example, in the KOF 2002 console with 3D backgrounds, Kim's d,d+K glitch became easy to do...

Yeah, I meant at Evo. I'm so hyped I forgot to be specific. You make a decent point, but they have been doing a good job at removing glitches from XIII so far. Even if they only patched the game once. But if it does turn out I'm wrong, well then I guess I would have to be glad I don't play Takuma. Though I would extend my condolences to those that do.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 24, 2011, 09:41:47 PM »
OK, so... many of the recently posted combo videos have combos that include stunning the opponent and then continuing the combo. Personally, I think that feature is unfair and I hope they remove that for the console version. What are your thoughts on this?

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 24, 2011, 10:06:38 PM »
OK, so... many of the recently posted combo videos have combos that include stunning the opponent and then continuing the combo. Personally, I think that feature is unfair and I hope they remove that for the console version. What are your thoughts on this?

Well, can you direct me to these videos. Keep in mind that special moves do not take stun points away, so I would think it's differcult to make an opponent dizzy so quickly.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1178 on: July 24, 2011, 11:00:47 PM »

The only reason I'd wanna see Stun on combos removed... is if they gave us some moves that had stun in them (Like how Ramon would perform a Ranbu-style thing on you, only to jump around your stunned body, and then land a final dropkick), or gave us moves that lead to it (like giving B.Mary actual stun after using her Stungun.)

They obviously put time into making stun / dizzy animations, no need to get rid of it entirely. And by nature of the game... combos are gonna lead to stun eventually.

I'm actually quite impressed with how hard it is to land stun in this game. As long as the combos go, you'd think people would get stunned out of every HD combo, or after 2 or 3 [jump C, Stand C, Command normal, Multi-hit special] combo.

The only solutions that I'd prefer... is if Stun lowered combo damage substantially, OR allowed for say, only a reset, or a single hit afterwards, similiar to crumple. Maybe even have it lead to 2x damage for the next blow (leading people to using powerful single hit skills to finish Stun), but causing a hard knockdown.

I will say, it is weird to see a stun mechanic, when the combos needed to land stun seem to be HUGE. It does make one wonder...

For those that watched as it happened, how big was Stun back in 98 High-level play? Of course, you also had the ability to call a team-mate in protect you, back then....

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 25, 2011, 01:54:44 AM »
Stun is not that common in 98 unless your opponent destroyed you in a quick span, and still, is not that common

Waifu Material

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 25, 2011, 02:05:32 AM »
This is seriously the scrubbiest most outrageous (no need to get personal -Kane317) thing I've seen said here *Which is a goddamn feat*, their is no reason to remove stun at all.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:04:37 PM by Kane317 »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 25, 2011, 02:20:00 AM »
Well I rarely see characters going to stun in video matches, so I don't think it's a problem. Besides the reason it doesn't happen often is because one of the characters is always lower in health than the next character from the opponent. So I don't see any problem with the stun in KOFXIII.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 25, 2011, 02:43:06 AM »
There is no problem with stun in XIII during matches. Don't let the combo videos get to you.

The only one you see pop up is Takuma's but he doesn't need it to finish his corner death combos.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1183 on: July 25, 2011, 05:51:36 AM »
Ash, if you're out there, you beat Geo like he owed you money. :)

Feels so good to see some KoF after all the Mahhhhvel shown off thanks to ComicCon. Haunts seemed to have a crush on XIII as well ;) It's good to hear newer inductees into a game, tell what's pulled them in.

Atlus, if you're listening, show IPW some love! A lot of the gameplay on that stream did a great job at showing off all the different levels of play in KoF. Such things should really help seed some promotion for this game come Oct.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 25, 2011, 08:06:15 AM »
whats coming sooner, otakan or evo?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!