Author Topic: Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING  (Read 43701 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Atlus
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2011, 02:48:21 PM »
They need to bring back the standard Select = move set they've used for years.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »
They need to bring back the standard Select = move set they've used for years.

Aye, the Custom Select Button thing (like in 2k2UM) is a great feature. I guess that's another "Please Return to Form" style thing.

Random add-on:

1). I really hope the CPU AI is much, much better. They seem to have no actual personality... they will even spam attacks from across the screen for no rhyme or reason in XII. I'm watching Raiden try to DM after ever CD  hit... which makes no sense, as his is a grapple DM. This CPU vs CPU is sad!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »
1). they will even spam attacks from across the screen for no rhyme or reason in XII. I'm watching Raiden try to DM after ever CD  hit... which makes no sense, as his is a grapple DM. This CPU vs CPU is sad!
Are you talking about AI of XIII or XII? For what I could prove, AI seems to be correct. No random attacks. My only complain about KOF XIII AI is that needs more difficulty. Teams are not really difficult, just final bosses, and not so much.

Reading resume nicalm did in the first post some questions comes to my mind. About online features:

-will we have the possibility to wait for a online match while you play arcade/story mode? For me that's a great feature of SSFIV. I hate lose my time searching sessions in lobbies where you always see "searching", "nout found", "searching", "no session"... I definitely prefer fight random people while playing against CPU.
-Wil we have the possibility to find rival for level rank and conexion/region? Like SSFIV again, great feature IMO
-Possibility to play with friends as coop against to other three ones? Like clan of KOF XII or like team matches mode like SSFIV.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 03:23:39 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2011, 03:36:43 PM »
Are you talking about AI of XIII or XII? For what I could prove, AI seems to be correct. No random attacks. My only complain about KOF XIII AI is that needs more difficulty. Teams are not really difficult, just final bosses, and not so much.

Just talking about XII's AI. It's really sad. Like "Every character has the same 5 or 6 routines, and has no knowledge of their own specials and properties" brand bad.

@Nilcam:

If you can, squeeze that "Woudl you be willing to run a Public Beta (on console) to test netcode" question, into the "must ask" list! At least to make them aware of the possibilities, and hopefully to get them to press for such a thing from SNKP, if needed.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2011, 04:22:15 PM »
Hope XIII's AI will perform recoveries.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:24:35 PM by a11111357 »

Parapets

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »
They had it in versus mode, but not training mode. It was really weird.

Command List is the 3rd option down on the second screen of the practice menu. Right up under "Attack Data Display", above "Button Config".

...and I still like this Temple Stage's music. XD (Excuse to boot up XII, GET, lol)
Okay, if you say so. I'll edit my post.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2011, 05:13:55 PM »
Will training mode have:

1.) record and playback functions? In KOFXII it was absent. It would be also cool to have the option of having the training dummy block while you are recording, for practicing against block strings...

2.) Random guard?

3.) Random counter hit or random fall breaker?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2011, 06:00:17 PM »
Netcode needs to be tested for THE WORLD, not just locally in Japan, or from 1 office in the US to an office in JP. An online Beta would be a fantastic way to do this, and would give netcode stress test for REAL world situations, not just the optimal, or simulated ones. If there's any way you can persuade this Atlus, please do; it'd be one of the strongest methods of "Marketing" that this game could possibly experience!

If we can ask Atlus for just one thing, I'd rather it be this over everything else.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2011, 07:11:06 PM »
atlus, you guys need to make snkp know that without ggpo or a netcode thats even better, kof 13 will not be a succes in the EU or in the US. this is something they need to be told and need to do, ggpo isnt expensive so whats the deal? do they really wanna shoot themselves again? i thought the new snkp would at least understand this much.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Tizoc

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
What's this I hear about the game using KoF XII's post-patch online?
I can wait longer if it'll mean GGPO for online ;.;

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2011, 07:58:26 PM »
They need to bring back the standard taunt = training dummy moves forward they've used for years.

Fixed for you.

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2011, 08:11:05 PM »
I will probably repeat a bunch of ?'s already asked. Some of these features may have been in XII or other KOF's, but I am just gonna state them for the hell of it.

Offline Stuff:
1. Hate to say this, but Capcom and Arc System Works have very strong features implemented into their training modes. Such features only help players simulate situations, further understand their opponents' options at a given time, and develop a richer understanding of the game. These features include: Record/Play option for at least 10 seconds, random option for blocking and counterhits (allows players to test hit-confirms), quick restart, walk dummy out of corner, and other features.
2. Offline (and possibly Online) Multiplayer features promoting ease on extended play. Examples being: Quick Rematch button, a way to change team order after a match without needing to return to CSS, and controller mapping in the CSS (somewhat novelty).

Online Stuff:
1. Netcode is obviously important. It determines whether one may choose to play the game avidly, or not because he feels he cannot get competition in acceptable playing conditions online.
2. Replays and the ability to watch matches of others is somewhat novelty, but enhances the overall online experience.
3. Full-featured online Leaderboard. Actually, I am quite touchy on this one. I do not wish to see hackers and cheaters polluting the top names of the online leaderboard. Maybe even multiple leaderboards for things such as: All-Time rankings, Seasonal Rankings, Win-Percentage, Friends Rankings, and Individual Characters.
4. An accurate Ping number rather than the traditional 1-4 bar color system. Allows players to more accurately understand how much latency there is between one player and another.
5. Unlockable medals and other bs. I personally do not care for this, but some feel a sense of accomplishment from unlocking visual rewards for their achievements online. These rewards cannot simply be character portraits and stuff one does not notice online. They want titles and emblems which they can brandish and brag about online. I guess it makes one feel better for playing continuously.
6. Browsing available matches. With the ability to see the number of players in a room, and the estimated Ping of the room. This feature has become almost mandatory in fighting games.

Some of the features I mentioned will not only enhance the experience of both the long-time devoted KOF players, but also newer players looking to play XIII for either leisure or competitive ambition.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:13:50 PM by the_judge »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2011, 08:36:04 PM »
-will we have the possibility to wait for a online match while you play arcade/story mode? For me that's a great feature of SSFIV. I hate lose my time searching sessions in lobbies where you always see "searching", "nout found", "searching", "no session"... I definitely prefer fight random people while playing against CPU.

What would be even cooler is having that feature on during training mode.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2011, 08:43:06 PM »
It seems some people are forgetting that KOF XII had a lot of great features that unfortunately didn't got more attention due to the netcode.

In KOF XII we could:
1. Play Arcade mode while we waited
2. Chat with text while waiting in a room.
3. Had clans and fight online.
4. Upload and download replays.
5. 8 People Lobbies

I doubt SNKP will throw all those features out, since they already worked on them. We just need a better netcode and maybe make those options better. I know SNKP will do a great job in options, but they just need to get the netcode working.

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2011, 09:22:04 PM »
KOFXIII is gonna need a much better netcode than what they been giving us.

I'm sure eveyone knows that online is the most important problem right now. I'm not too thrilled with how they are handling the online, guess only time will tell so hope for the best. They fail again and you can kiss any future attempts at getting KOF recognized goodbye. So I hope for their sake that the online issues will be addressed properly, I don't care how they do it.
You're too slow!!