Author Topic: Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING  (Read 44073 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Atlus - READ FIRST POST BEFORE REPLYING
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2011, 06:34:11 AM »
Please think of the improvements in KOFXII's netcode post-release as movement in the right direction and a positive FOUNDATION for things to come.

The online functionality in KOFXIII is still VERY early in development and is, more importantly, a HUGE priority.

As soon as we're all decompressed from E3, we'll get to work reviewing your questions and compiling your feedback!

-Aram Jabbari
PR Manager, ATLUS

It's refreshing and wonderful to hear directly from you guys; like what everyone else has been saying, your keeping in contact with the community makes a big difference to us; hopefully it all works out to a product everyone is happy with.

Hope to hear from you more Aram.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

syxx

« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2011, 07:30:18 AM »
Does atlus in america even have anything to do with porting the game or coding the online play function?

shelcoof

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2011, 10:12:20 AM »
All the questions I have are in the OP.  Waiting for answers :)

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2011, 11:53:22 AM »
I'm glad Atlus takes the KOF community serious. I just hope that the netcode is good so that this game can really take off. I'ma buy it regardless though.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2011, 12:27:31 PM »
Atlus regularly let's the fans know what's up. They often take the fans into heavy consideration. Answering questions and keeping an eye on their consumers is what they do and they do it well. I have faith in their partnership with SNK for XIII. Hopefully they can hound SNK enough to get this game's port right. lol

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
@Musolini
yes :)

@Gravelneed
SNK is dead man

@Atlus
Also i would like to see a video demo with online play from Atlus when available ( eastcoast player vs westcoast player).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 01:28:31 PM by KBlackNoah »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2011, 02:39:16 PM »
Does atlus in america even have anything to do with porting the game or coding the online play function?

As publisher, I would imagine that have some influence over SNKPlaymore. From what I've read, publishing is an extremely expensive part of the process, in some cases even more than developing the game.

@Atlus
Also i would like to see a video demo with online play from Atlus when available ( eastcoast player vs westcoast player).

What would you look for in the video? Just to be clear: this is a serious question, not an underhanded statement.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:41:56 PM by nilcam »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2011, 04:32:13 PM »
Imput lag i wanna see them play and a split screen real time (game screen and a stick to see if there is any imput lag).Also i want to see their internet conexions shown before starting the game.And at what point (bars) the game starts to lag -> test it with different conexion speeds ( not all of us have NASA internet and i want to see it tested with the average cable internet speed or speeds).Hope you understand what i mean
Foremost i want to see this game playable with at least 100ms ping with no lag.I have 88 ms with spain and england and 66 with france and i can play ssf4 flawlessly (if the other person also has decent conexion/ mostly let's say 1 game in 10 has a bit of lag but rarely) - i want kof XIII to do that.

If they can't deliver a good online i am willing to wait until the online is in par with ssf4 or BBCT , i don't have anyone to play locally but sf4 so this game means almost nothing with no good online.

PS: If Atlus can stream a online turney or some endless battles (just to demonstrate the online with testers) before launch will be cool (but not with people across the street (but across a continent - and with average internet) - i volunteer for europe if needed :D

I don't ask more from Atlus but an arcade port of V1.1 and good netcode.Extras or other stuff if available is ok but not mandatory.

ps: musolini you despicable little monkey accept my friend request
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 05:03:36 PM by KBlackNoah »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2011, 07:08:53 PM »
ps: musolini you despicable little monkey accept my friend request

oya monkey, whats your psn ID? my lil bros also play on my ps3 and they boss too much in black ops. theres way too many friend requests every day because of their cod play. im deleting at least 5 friend requests a day, i think i might have deleted your request by accident because i thought you where one of those cod monkeys. so before i delete you with the rest of the requests again, whats your id?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2011, 07:24:03 PM »
It's in my sig. KausemoreDammage

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2011, 11:52:26 PM »
Will there be in-depth training mode like option to turn on hitboxes?

Will there be sticks or neo geo pads coming out along with the game?

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2011, 01:38:38 AM »
I second the motion on the neo geo pads. I would buy at least 2 of those.

As for my question for Atlus, I would like to know what you are going to do to attract people outside the existing KOF fanbase?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2011, 07:54:04 AM »
Will be able to skip all the logos (in the intro) fast this time around?

I just remember that It was a pain to not be able to do so in KOF12.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2011, 04:30:19 PM »
Please think of the improvements in KOFXII's netcode post-release as movement in the right direction and a positive FOUNDATION for things to come.

The online functionality in KOFXIII is still VERY early in development and is, more importantly, a HUGE priority.

As soon as we're all decompressed from E3, we'll get to work reviewing your questions and compiling your feedback!

-Aram Jabbari
PR Manager, ATLUS

That's great to hear. But I remain skeptical considering SNKP's past games have all had bad netcode. But I'm glad to hear that netcode is a priority. I would just be happy if I could play someone who has a 100 ping, and both of us are on wired connections, cable internet, no weird stuff like torrents going, and there's no lag. I think that's a reasonable request.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Atlus
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2011, 08:44:07 PM »
If one is to modify the translation heavily (I could understand them wanting to make a new translation for the English VA), please also give the option to also use SNKP's original text translations, in addition. (Don't have to translate the VA work on these, that'd be understandable.) Could even make it an unlockable! But there's be no reason just to get rid of it; in some ways, it's actually a strong selling point of the overall experience, to classic SNK fans.

I agree!  SNK Engrish is part of the game's charm!  Don't fix it because it isn't broken!

I'd really like to see some sort of preorder/collector's edition with whatever crap they feel like cramming into it.  Art books, t-shirts, action figures, extra ingame pallette options, exclusive gamer portraits, Xbox 360 avatar costume items (dunno if there's PS3 equivalent), wall posters, stickers, maybe some of those weird cellophane sticky window stickers that you can put on the inside of your car window, commemorative ink pens, soundtrack CD, Terry's hat, Kyo's gloves, a t-shirt with Iori's moon would be total boss.  Also include a strategy guide if someone makes one but yeah Prima sucks.  The XII Bradygames guide was adequate, I was actually surprised they kinda knew what they were talking about.  It's a handy reference item and a great coffee table decoration.