Author Topic: Would you believe a 4th IV? (Street Fighter)  (Read 13613 times)

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
Re: Would you believe a 4th IV? (Street Fighter)
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 08:08:13 PM »
I think only a few SF2 games and only SF3 : 3rd Strike are good. Capcom wouldn't be bad in my eyes if they didn't make SF4, and 20 different SF2's.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Lygophilia

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 02:26:18 AM »
I think most people think of IV like II because of the "how many of the same game are we going to see?" epidemic. Of course every iteration of II had differences making them discernable, but probably a good number of people are looking more for innovation.

I agree. I'm glad for Street Fighter 3 (I may buy it, if nothing new or underrated is available), because it was something refreshing than the other ones and likewise for King of Fighters Maximum Impact, even though the movement animations should have been better for it's time. However, I do expect innovative game play for recent fighting games like these and others, but it's below satisfactory.  

I wish that the audience can be open to something new and not so content on redundancy.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 03:21:53 AM by Lygophilia »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 05:36:03 AM »
I think most people think of IV like II because of the "how many of the same game are we going to see?" epidemic. Of course every iteration of II had differences making them discernable, but probably a good number of people are looking more for innovation.

I agree. I'm glad for Street Fighter 3 (I may buy it, if nothing new or underrated is available), because it was something refreshing than the other ones and likewise for King of Fighters Maximum Impact, even though the movement animations should have been better for it's time. However, I do expect innovative game play for recent fighting games like these and others, but it's below satisfactory.  

I wish that the audience can be open to something new and not so content on redundancy.
yeah the majority of gamers dont want anything new they much rather have the same thing with a few minor tweaks over and over again (this pretty much applies to every genre in gaming)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Super Marvel vs Capcom 3
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 09:26:03 PM »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Super Marvel vs Capcom 3
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 09:43:06 PM »
The rumor is out now.

http://gematsu.com/2011/04/super-marvel-vs-capcom-3-on-the-way

Be on the lookout.
no megaman no buy and take out x-factor that shit is useless i dont mind being caught in a infinite  but i hate it when i loose cause some guy 5000 miles from me wants to use the easy win card

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 12:28:32 AM »
Thank God i'm not a Marvel VS fan, i would be disappointed (again) by Capcom's rehashes. If they add a lot of new characters, then i would understand a bit, IF the rumor is true.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011, 12:36:36 AM »
also i want to know what happened to this super deep story mode that capcom was promising

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2011, 12:46:52 AM »
also i want to know what happened to this super deep story mode that capcom was promising
It won't ever happen.

I would be disappointed by Capcom's rehashes.
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Hyper Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

You can't be disappoint enough.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2011, 04:08:01 AM »

It was a 5 page comic that came in the SE of MvC3. But it was laughable at best.

The best you have are those intros they showed, I was expecting the endings to be something on that caliber, but nop. We just get lame pictures.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2011, 04:30:07 AM »
That comic was awful.

In a recent post at Shoryuken.com it has been confirmed that a MVC3 announcement will be coming at San Diego Comic-Con . Super MvC3? more DLC characters? another thing? let's wait and see.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/08/marvel-vs-capcom-3-announcements-confirmed-for-san-diego-comic-con/

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 07:49:32 AM »
All i really want from Capcom when they release this so called "Super MVC3" put in Megaman X and possibly even Gene from Godhand. Spice up the roster a lil' bit by adding some unorthodox characters with a tons of moves similar to how Dante came out. WTF Were they thinking by not putting Demitri Maximoff in there. C'mon whoever says that Felicia and Hsien-Ko isn't a waste of a Night Warrior character slot is out of their mind.  :(

P.S. ADD SOME GODDAMN STAGES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD HOW F~ING LAZY CAN YOU GET!!!!11
`

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 10:55:45 PM »
Hsien-Ko
a waste of a Night Warrior character slot is out of their mind.  :(

gtfo, Hsien-Ko is awesome.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 04:28:29 PM »
Hsien-Ko
a waste of a Night Warrior character slot is out of their mind.  :(

gtfo, Hsien-Ko is awesome.

Yeah Hsien-Ko is great in Vampire Savior... I'm not fond of her play style in MvC3 though, because its not quite the same since she's limited in terms of normals, which affects her rushing capabilities imo... But then you can spam an assist I guess, but she seems more suited for that job than point...

I managed to watch a bit of the stream they had playing last night... I noticed there were still those glitches that made your character huge or small right before the match started (I kept seeing a giant Ghost Rider, and he was the first character I saw when I logged on to the stream itself)... So that leads me to believe that they're not fixing all the glitches in the game, and if they are, they're taking a hell of a long time doing so... I better not hear nobody talk about KOF being glitchy when cats play a game that allows a character to knock you off the screen indefinitely and during gameplay... There are still some infinites in the game, and I'm sure that's why most people are picking up Chun Li, especially here in San Diego...

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 10:51:24 PM »
i'd definitly believe it but I don't think Capcom will do it with UMVC and SFxT both on horizon as they keep saying they don't want to release too many fighting games at once because they end up eating into the other games sales ex: a fourth iteration of street fighter 4 could take away sales from Street FighterxTekken
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 02:37:42 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/01/super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-ver-2012-patch-fixes-b/

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012
(maybe ties with Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix in having the longest SF title ever)

hopefully this is a free balance patch, and hopefully this one will finalize the IV series, or at the very least get back to the balance level of SSFIV.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995