Author Topic: Welcome to GGPO Live!  (Read 1401 times)

nax

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Welcome to GGPO Live!
« on: December 05, 2011, 08:38:47 AM »
News - I will officially open the doors to the stream by the end of next week, but until then I will do occasional streaming and whoever else wants to stream as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/GGPO_Live
yes i put this at the beginning
TOO LONG DIDN'T READ VERSION:

Live GGPO Streaming
Match Recording
Commentary
Community
GGPO Tournament Coverage (With Commentary by high level players)
A good time with your favorite fighting games

Hello everyone, I'm nax and while I'm a newcomer to the KoF community in general, I'm quite an old member of GGPO, and I've been streaming games for awhile now such as MK9, speedrunning, and so forth.

Along with some members of the #SNKPlaymore irc on efnet, I've created GGPO Live which, obviously enough, is a stream that deals with playing our beloved games on GGPO and letting anyone, even without GGPO, watch such matches.  Another problem with GGPO is the main lobby chats for each game tend to have very little English, and while I don't discriminate between people, I really wanted to have a place where you can not only spectate but also talk to others without a constantly zooming chat window of different languages.

Many of us are KoF players of course, but I'd like to stretch out to any GGPO game, even veterans of say Metal Slug X who can bust through the game without so much as a continue, and basically any kind of gaming feat with GGPO.  I and others will stream our own games, or if there's someone particularly good playing, we'll spectate them and just provide a good entertainment.  I also plan on streaming live footage of the various GGPO Online Tournaments to give a bigger perspective and generally just bring alot more hype to this amazing program.

I would like to invite anyone who has any experience with streaming in general or those who would love to start doing so to contact me and I can help get you set up through the channel.  While I wouldn't be opposed to the occasional streaming of a newer game or a non GGPO game, I would like to keep it mostly GGPO-Centric, but I'm sure we're all fighting game fans here.

I will try to get the ball rolling by doing some occasional GGPO spec'ing / streaming (although I might not be the best, I can often find a good match to watch for everyone).  Also, there is a GGPO KOF02 Tournament coming up which I'm sure will have tons of excellent matches to watch and I plan on giving a good opportunity for people to get in, watch some good matches, and chill.  More details on that to come!

Thanks for your time!

nax
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:50:17 AM by nax »