Author Topic: Don't do it brother! That's men is Ours, that men is ours...  (Read 4571 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Don't do it brother! That's men is Ours, that men is ours...
« on: December 22, 2010, 05:46:09 AM »
Well, I never get why in this forum there was an Art of Fighting forum since must be the series that everybody mentions as an ''SNK classic'' but at the same time everybody knows that sucks.

Well, I love  Art of Fighting 2, the 3 times that I played it on versus, I found it a very funny game to play it on Multiplayer, same with the original AOF, AOF 3 sucks, even though must have the best graphics on the neo geo (or it's garou?)

Well, discuss, I hope that we could play one day

Waifu Material

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Don't do it brother! That's men is Ours, that men is ours...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 08:58:58 AM »
Only time I ever got the chance to play AOF was couple of months ago against a couple of Turkey players in Supercade. It's pretty fun so I don't mind playing it with anyone.

I do wonder whatever to that AOF topic Violent Ryo made.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 09:29:48 AM »
i dont mind play these games.
AOF 3 is quite funny, juggle system, great graphics!
AOF 2 is fun as well
AOF is... so stiff. I play Todoh, he has just 1 special move eheh

I dont like to play these games against the cpu.. except AOF3.
In vs they are ok, but in my opinion the best one between them is definitely the 3rd.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:32:23 AM by fiol »

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 11:24:19 PM »
btw, someone knows how to do the ranbuu in the first AOF?

i THINK THAT IS QCF + C-A just like 2002um but seems to never appear, I recall that was way more easier here than in 2002um

Waifu Material

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 08:52:21 PM »
It's been a while, but I thought you had to set the joystick to neutral after the qcf. So it's qcf (neutral) AC. I think?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 04:44:08 PM »
i think rex got it. best thing about these games where the bonus games and the fact the this game started the supermove tradition. both 1 and 2 are ass, 3 is a bearable ass but still no top notch ass.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 07:15:55 PM »
I'm actually a big fan of AOF1. Obviously it's lacking as a fighting game (unbalanced roster), but as a game it's really fun. Honestly, it and the original Fatal Fury are the two best SNK fighting games in terms of single-player.

- The story is just plain fun. Love that goofy voice acting. And  great lines like "I'll kick every guy in town."

- The music is awesome. Most later SNK soundtracks would have superior arranged versions, but AOF was very clearly made with its hardware limitations in mind.

- The graphics are still really cool. I still love to see John's glasses get knocked off, or King's shirt explode. So much fun to watch.

- Oh, I love the bonus games and the fact that they allow you to customize your character. You only get access to them three times, but you can choose to increase your health or spirit twice. I never thought about it before, but this might also be one of the first fighting games to allow you to alter your character's stats?

- The gameplay is nice and slow, which I actually enjoy sometimes. It makes everything seem very deliberate, and lends weight to all the action. The controls are stiff, but that's my only real criticism.

It's a shame we never got an AOF4. If they could have just combined AOF3's graphics with a balanced system (and maybe added some of the cool AOF2 characters), we'd get a Real Bout Fatal Fury for the AOF series. A missed opportunity.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 07:35:43 PM »
I enjoy 1 vs 1 matches of AOF, those are different to say something.

Fighting against mr karate, the guy is really a pain in the ass

Waifu Material

AcidGlow

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • AcidGlow's YouTube
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 02:59:07 PM »
Played a few hundred matches in this game online over the years but I mainly stick to AOF2.
1 is horrible.. and 3 is way too combo crazy.