Author Topic: ReveLAtions 2011 Results  (Read 12092 times)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
ReveLAtions 2011 Results
« on: June 14, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
Hi everybody here are the results for ReveLAtions this weekend

Top 4

1. B.A.L.A -Team Kobra

2. Reynald -Team Infinity

3. MrKOF -Team Infinity

3. Raul -Team Chaos

Thanks to all who came out for this event.

DG feel free to post the rest of the results if you still have them in your computer.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

Re: ReveLAtions 2011 Results
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »
Hi everybody here are the results for ReveLAtions this weekend

Top 4

1. B.A.L.A -Team Kobra

2. Reynald -Team Infinity

3. MrKOF -Team Infinity

3. Raul -Team Chaos

Thanks to all who came out for this event.

DG feel free to post the rest of the results if you still have them in your computer.

Yeah I was about to do that..just got home here are the results according to my actual computer generated results:

1st: B.A.L.A.
2nd: Reynald
3rd: Mr. KOF
4th: Raul
5th: ChrisKOF
5th: Romance

7th: RJ
7th: CMD Duc
9th: Yoshi
9th: RealKim
9th: Pepe
9th: Kane317
13th: THE ANSWER
13th: Prinny
13th: Macc
13th: Giby
17th: Fubarduck
17th: Metaphysics/Abe
17th: Emperor Paine
17th: Lawrence
17th: Judge
17th: JTSnow06

Had a helluva good time guys you will see me back ASAP, again as much as in Mexico because I am certainly going to combine the trips to Mexico with the trips to SoCal to level up in KOF13 and again hunt down Mr. KOF....

See this only increases my hunger, it just motivates me more.

Shoutouts:

Oscar: Thanks for the hospitality, food showing me around etc, Practice up if you want that #2 title in SvC Chaos ;).  Oh yeah dude that Metamucil is a life saver.

Mr. KOF: Dude you still got it, you are like on a tier of your own, still to this day and that is awesome! I'm telling you I will defeat you eventually I simply don't quit, not in my nature, I don't care if I gotta travel to China, Taiwan, Peru, Brazil, Mexico, SoCal, Egypt, MARS, doesn't matter, I am going to defeat you!! Thanks for the hospitality also man, the 20 piece nuggets lol and all that. Next time we will finish what we started in KOFXI, Chaos etc....

Kane317:  Nice getting to see you for the little I did get to see you. We didnt get to play 98UM but hey it's all good, I'm sure we will play again next time or something. Maybe I'll see you at EVO but as of right now I can't promise anything.

RJ: Good to play you in KOFXI again, hopefully we can play again in the future, still amazes me you dropped Adel for Ash!!!!

Reynald: Sucks we didn't get to play at all but it's all good, next time we play it will be for the US KOF12 National Title lol.

B.A.L.A.: Good to finally meet you it is a shame we didnt get to play anything but I've done this stuff sooo long it is the nature of the game, you can plan all this stuff but then life comes along and then it'll mess up your plans.  So trust me it's not a big deal, we will play eventually.

Judge and NorCal people: Too bad we didn't really even get to play at all, I am certain in the future we will get to play as you will see me in SoCal quite frequently. As I was telling the NorCal guys in person, truth of the matter is unless you can play people like SoCal or others, it's going to be very hard to catch up in the future. So it would benefit you guys to play with them more often, I assure you you will get much stronger than you already are..

Tijuana people: Hey no one knew you guys showed up to Alex's Arcade until late at night to meet me and play KOF13 etc!! Next time we'll make sure and organize this better!!!

Team Chaos: Really good to catch up with you guys you guys keep it up, I will see you guys again every time I go to SoCal, and Raul, practice up in Chaos my friend!!!!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:48:45 AM by Dark Geese »

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 08:34:02 PM »
lol at me wandering around a lot of Sunday hoping to find someone.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 12:11:45 AM »
You still get last place even with a win?  How'd that happen lol.  Ain't no big deal anyways I'm still a loser, step it up abe!!
" you fight well in the old style"

Dark Geese

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 12:24:04 AM »
It was good to meet you too Abe!

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:12:21 AM »
Same here man
" you fight well in the old style"

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 01:36:30 AM »
Us NorCal guys made it back safely, though it was a rough drive Sunday night...I really wish we could have stayed longer, to get more games in anything SNK.  Hella SNK invading ReveLAtions!  It was really a pleasure to be playing a lot of XIII and 02UM, with others that really know the game.  Friday was rough for me, as I was running on no sleep from the drive, and most of the day was pretty lame, until you guys showed up to our station.

Giby - Finally we meet in person, after all these years.  Wish we hung out longer, but I understand that the XIII tournament was the focus for everyone.  I will be looking forward to playing with your Dong at Evo. :P

StolenHope - GGs in SSF4 and XIII; we were pretty even in 4, but it was clear I haven't played enough XIII because that wasn't even close.  lol  I wasn't expecting to meet another KOF player in SSF4 casuals.

Dark Geese and Mr. KOF - It's really inspiring to see both of you playing SNK games, in person.  I recorded some of your matches in SvC and XI and I'll post them soon.  They're not the entire set though, as I was recording matches on the other games being played and taking pictures of our territory, hehe.  I'm still working to get decent in all these games, but I do hope to play you guys some day.

THEANSWER and Kane317 - Thank you for organizing this tournament and providing great commentary for the stream.  Even though I'm not good at the game yet, I wasn't going to miss this for anything.

ReveLAtions was the best tournament I've ever been to.  Hopefully KOF makes it to the main stage and gets streamed at Evo; we'll show everyone a REAL fighting game.  I WILL be playing XIII more, MUCH more.  See you guys again in July!

Dark Geese

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 02:02:26 AM »
Us NorCal guys made it back safely, though it was a rough drive Sunday night...I really wish we could have stayed longer, to get more games in anything SNK.  Hella SNK invading ReveLAtions!  It was really a pleasure to be playing a lot of XIII and 02UM, with others that really know the game.  Friday was rough for me, as I was running on no sleep from the drive, and most of the day was pretty lame, until you guys showed up to our station.

Giby - Finally we meet in person, after all these years.  Wish we hung out longer, but I understand that the XIII tournament was the focus for everyone.  I will be looking forward to playing with your Dong at Evo. :P

StolenHope - GGs in SSF4 and XIII; we were pretty even in 4, but it was clear I haven't played enough XIII because that wasn't even close.  lol  I wasn't expecting to meet another KOF player in SSF4 casuals.

Dark Geese and Mr. KOF - It's really inspiring to see both of you playing SNK games, in person.  I recorded some of your matches in SvC and XI and I'll post them soon.  They're not the entire set though, as I was recording matches on the other games being played and taking pictures of our territory, hehe.  I'm still working to get decent in all these games, but I do hope to play you guys some day.

THEANSWER and Kane317 - Thank you for organizing this tournament and providing great commentary for the stream.  Even though I'm not good at the game yet, I wasn't going to miss this for anything.

ReveLAtions was the best tournament I've ever been to.  Hopefully KOF makes it to the main stage and gets streamed at Evo; we'll show everyone a REAL fighting game.  I WILL be playing XIII more, MUCH more.  See you guys again in July!

Ahh you got those matches recorded? Sweet I wanna see them! It was good to meet you, I'm glad a showdown between me and Mr. KOF can motivate people, I never thought about it like that from my own POV (I always think about setting stuff like this up to motivate people but never put myself in the equation, I see myself as the Don King, not the actual one motivating by the level of play) so it's flattering to hear that. You will see me and Mr. KOF battling it out a lot in the future I assure you, my goal isn't to be the #2 KOF player in the USA, it's the #1 player in the USA and Mexico, and to do that I gotta go through Mr. KOF and Kula (and to do that I have to make more trips and play them more often as well as play high level competition internationally more than once every 3 months because they are playing high level competition much more than that!!!)... as well as others depending on the games of course.

Mr. KOF doesn't have as much exposure as I do of course so less people know him, but I feel he needs all the exposure as possible because he simply is a monster, he is good enough to go against anyone in any country pretty much, so I think a USA team of Mr. KOF, me, Reynald, and some other SoCal players would be a good team to represent the USA in KOF against the world in multiple KOF games.

Now obviously I represent both the USA AND Mexico, but yeah from what I've seen I think so.

SvC Chaos I think me, Mr. KOF, and Oscar can rep pretty damn well lol.

Speaking of videos here are the ones I have from the FT10 the first day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmT2gK528Qw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=462K2fZCEvk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNyNaJH7QvA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Msw_7Sx5uQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5VdeKSmIPU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5umV2vwLRvQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWTSUpJSZXw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhErjScLTbQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af_AwOpmLKQ
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:27:45 AM by Dark Geese »

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 02:33:17 AM »
The way I see it, it's always great to see high level play in any game, especially a game that isn't considered mainstream.  I also respect the fact that you guys take the game seriously, even though there's not as much competition as other games.  It goes to show that fighting games isn't always about the money; it's nice to have, but I think it's more important to have comradery and just play games you genuinely enjoy.

By the way, who has the group photo of everyone in it?  Because I would like to save a copy of it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:47:36 AM by Ash Riot »

Dark Geese

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 03:09:21 AM »
The way I see it, it's always great to see high level play in any game, especially a game that isn't considered mainstream.  I also respect the fact that you guys take the game seriously, even though there's not as much competition as other games.  It goes to show that fighting games isn't always about the money; it's nice to have, but I think it's more important to have comradery and just play games you genuinely enjoy.

By the way, who has the group photo of everyone in it?  Because I would like to save a copy of it.

Oscar would have all of those photos..

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 03:32:09 AM »
Wrote a small article about the show. Wish I could have written more. I have some pics including one group shot.

http://www.snk-capcom.com/?p=5093

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 07:43:52 AM »
To the players: I'm added all of the ReveLAtions matches to the FADC database right now, and I don't know who some of the people are. I already asked The Answer and Kane for help. I know DG will know some of them as well, so if you are in any of EmperorPaine's vids, please let me know who you are and who you faced the video number.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EmperorPaine

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 11:18:19 AM »
Not sure if you got my PM. Here's the list of my matches.
pt15: me vs kan317
pt19: raul vs me
pt30: realkim vs me
pt35: me vs bala
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:27:55 AM by 4leaf »

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 05:28:29 PM »
Props to B.A.L.A. For Excellent Vice Gameplay.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 08:02:21 PM »
Props to B.A.L.A. For Excellent Vice Gameplay.

It's always nice to see mid/midlow tier characters in tournaments, specially in finals but most surprisingly winning the whole thing. As expected we saw the high tier characters Andy, K', Raiden and Shen (who A LOT, A LOT, A LOT of people consider #3 in the game now) but seeing Vice, King and Chin, Yuri from Reynald is encouraging and refreshing.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof