Author Topic: Hello from Dallas  (Read 2127 times)

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Hello from Dallas
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:36:50 AM »
Been meaning to join up here for a long time (ever since Kane317 started posting links to Arcade Infinity vids on the KOF13 gamefaqs boards), but have not due to my unparalleled powers of procrastination. It seems like a really great community is building up here and it's about time I joined in on it. I used to play in a KOF12 clan called Mark of the Wolves and I hope that at least some of those guys made it here as well. The netcode for that game may have been crap, but it didn't keep us from having good times.

I simply cannot wait to get to know everyone here and my anticipation to meet you all in battle when KOF13 finally comes to console cannot be measured.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Dallas
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 01:40:31 AM »
Hey what's up man, glad to know my links to spread our name a little bit =)  What name did you go by in Gamefaqs?

Timing for the community is unprecedented with the recent ReveLAtions tourney, the console announcement and EVO around the corner!

Welcome to DC, and glad you finally made it!  BTW, I'm positive there are quite a bit of SNK players in Dallas as well so I hope a huge scene grows and we all get to meet in Evo!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:58:39 AM »
yo hows it goin i new here myself and i already got a lot of good tips on her check out the training room forms i just posted up some videos of me playing KOFXIII and i got a lot of good feed back. this is the place to be for KOF

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:59:26 AM »
I'd rather not share my gamefaqs username as I have said some things on there before that I regret and I don't want to bring that along here (plus I misspelled the damn thing when I signed up there, so there is that extra bit of embarrasment). You can rest assured though that you never spoke to me on there anyway.

I will say I'm a big fan of yours, your Chin is absolutely sick, and I hope that I can play against you sometime. I'm not someone who goes to tournaments, but maybe when KOF13 comes to consoles we can duke it out. You'll beat the hell out of me I'm sure, but I'm always up for a learning experience.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 03:06:05 AM »
I'd rather not share my gamefaqs username as I have said some things on there before that I regret and I don't want to bring that along here (plus I misspelled the damn thing when I signed up there, so there is that extra bit of embarrasment). You can rest assured though that you never spoke to me on there anyway.

I will say I'm a big fan of yours, your Chin is absolutely sick, and I hope that I can play against you sometime. I'm not someone who goes to tournaments, but maybe when KOF13 comes to consoles we can duke it out. You'll beat the hell out of me I'm sure, but I'm always up for a learning experience.

Oh I see.  Thank you for the compliments, I'm still working on improving him but we definitely gotta play each other when the console comes out.

Dark Geese

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:37:18 PM »
Hey what's up man, glad to know my links to spread our name a little bit =)  What name did you go by in Gamefaqs?

Timing for the community is unprecedented with the recent ReveLAtions tourney, the console announcement and EVO around the corner!

Welcome to DC, and glad you finally made it!  BTW, I'm positive there are quite a bit of SNK players in Dallas as well so I hope a huge scene grows and we all get to meet in Evo!

There are not many KOF players in Dallas that I know of man, I have been trying to catch up with a few for quite some time and it is very very difficult!!!!

Thus to a degree I've pretty much just given up on it and held my resolve to simply traveling to get my experience (Hence the recent trip to California for ReveLAtions).

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 03:00:08 PM »
Welcome to DC :).  The only KOF player I can think of in the Dallas area is Mightfo (from Dustloop, not sure if he uses any other handles), but if you can get in touch with him, he might be able to help connect you to some others.
Old man/bad player