Author Topic: The Story of DOA from Tom Brady's Perspective  (Read 5405 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
The Story of DOA from Tom Brady's Perspective
« on: May 24, 2011, 09:43:43 PM »
I found this on the VFDC boards, but I feel that this is something I should share here. It's drama-infested, but its something that I feel is worth listening to because it shows how a fighting game community should not treat community members, regardless as to whether or not they're from another fighting game community. There's a bunch of other details here and there, its kinda NSFW, so just put some headphones on or something to avoid the f-bomb getting shot out from the computer, and its broken in 7 parts. Here's the 1st link:

http://youtu.be/gnvxQqJyXv4

If you've seen/heard this, please share your thoughts. If you've experienced something similar to this at all in anyway, from any community, please share also. Please be warned, however, this is not a bash-fest!!! We're not here to bash other communities, or other games, so please keep that in mind when you share. Thanks.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: The Story of DOA from Tom Brady's Perspective
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 08:01:42 AM »
this was some seriously evil shit mad props to tom brady for toughing it out all those years i seriously hope that other big name tourney players will never ever stoop this low

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:34:19 PM »
The parts about PL were inspiring.. They reminded me of "Little Giants". As for the the rest, I can say is, damn...

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 05:00:39 PM »
Drama has a tendency to be dumb and stupid. We probably won't ever know both sides to it, but regardless, the whole thing should serve as a reminder:

1. Don't be an asshole.
2. No, seriously. Don't.
3. If someone is from a different fighting game community, the first two rules STILL APPLY.

Desmond Delaghetto touched on this in the last DC podcast, and I think it's definitely something to remember.

Off topic, but I'm really looking forward to DOA:Dimensions. DOA games are damn fun.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
Thanks jinx. That was a compelling story. I didn't expect to keep interest past the first video, but to hear it all go down, I couldn't help it. Hope this also shows the validity of offline play everywhere, or wherever.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 07:40:37 PM »
I try my best to have an unbiased opinion about any fighting game whatsoever, while respecting the scene of that game... Originally coming from the Tekken Zaibatsu scene, then the Virtuafighter.com scene, I didn't notice anything to this caliber, but on some occassions someone got bashed for a question, or some had an elitist mindset, as if to say nothing compares to this game because of "fill in the blank". I do frequent both sites still, but I feel more productive here, and more helpful, even if I don't get the chance to hit up as many major tournaments, or even if I'm no "major player" or "vet" in any particular game. I feel one should be able to voice their opinion without the fear of being "crucified" or shunned for any reason; however, if someone is on some BS, then they should be called out on it (like people that claim they're dope in everything but is selective in the challenges they take). That doesn't mean that there's any animosity towards the person at all though. Shoot, call me out on my BS if there's any. I respect that!!!  

I've come across people that have left one particular game, and decided to focus their time on another game in another scene, be it TK to VF, or SF to KOF. I still have the utmost respect for these people, and I won't say things like "You've joined the light side" or something negative to the scene they left, 'cause quite honestly, I'm probably still playing the game they stopped playing, and I very well might have posted in those threads a few times. I'm just more active here.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 10:44:49 AM »
wow this shit was pretty bad man. I hope that never happens in our community man. fortunately I think there's enough good heads in our community to stop this from happening
" you fight well in the old style"

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 09:32:45 PM »
Basically, what does TOM say?

I don't had that much time and my english is not good

Waifu Material

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 12:12:01 AM »
Tom Brady is basically telling a story of his experiences with the DOA community.

He talks about how a top player by the name of doamaster was screwing around everyone. How doamaster was setup to basically win a $10,000 tourney when the players he was playing were no where near his level. Talks about how Brady tried to set up an offline tournament scene but the players at DOACentral.com were against it all because they felt that the community was doing great as an online only community.

He also talks about how he became friends with Perfect Legend and how PL got screwed around so much by the people running DOACentral. Basically said that PL was shafted out of tons of money even though he has shown that doamaster is nowhere near his level.

Also talk about doamaster's girlfriend who happens to be a good DOA player and how she talked herself up to be the best female DOA player even though there were other female players better than her. And speaking of this female player, he hit on how he had some problems with her when she put him on blast during a live broadcasted gaming tournament.

That's pretty much it.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 12:16:58 AM »
and while I'm at it, let me just say that even though Tom Brady made some interesting points, how can anyone take him seriously after his response to a DOA fan on one of his videos was, "haha noone plays your game."? Not to mention that this is the same guy who feels that people are not progressing well in MK9 and yet he forgets how much time he has had with the game compared to everyone else.

Seriously though, if you ask me, he sounds like he is bitching too damn much. What he should have done is be the bigger man and just completely forget about the people making his visit to DOACentral a pain in the ass and instead should have just focused on the players who wanted to follow through with his plans of an offline tourney.

I mean hell, one of the points Brady tried to get through to people was that DOACentral had something like 3,000+ users signed up for the site and that the majority of those users aren't even active. He then says that that clearly shows why the site is a joke. And he was being dead serious with that comment.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:19:44 AM by Cibernetico »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 10:13:25 PM »
Tom Brady made 2 follow ups to these past vids...

http://youtu.be/M4FBYmgdx6A  - part 1

http://youtu.be/EZVYX0MDWPA - part 2