Author Topic: Art of Fighting Console Versions  (Read 2570 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Art of Fighting Console Versions
« on: January 17, 2011, 02:44:31 AM »
It's me or AOF 1 for the genesis and the SNES are way better than the neo geo versions?

Something had that I found them really funny

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Art of Fighting Console Versions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:31:56 PM »
they are better. in the neo versions of ss1, ff1&2, aof1&2 you cant even fucking combo. these are by far the worst fighters on the neo. probably the biggest reason why i personally thought capcom > snk back in 91 to 93. the first good snk fighter came out in 1993, namely ffs. one of the reasons i never got is why people enjoyed utter crap bs games like these. these games are way too simple, all about footsies, zoning and throws in the crappiest way possible. no matter how great your opponents mistake, you could only sweep, throw or just hit them, unless you life was flashing. notice how snk was a bs company and not even a rival of capcom till they started making good games in which you can combo (ffs, ss2, kof94 and onwards.)
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 06:05:57 PM »
they are better. in the neo versions of ss1, ff1&2, aof1&2 you cant even fucking combo. these are by far the worst fighters on the neo. probably the biggest reason why i personally thought capcom > snk back in 91 to 93. the first good snk fighter came out in 1993, namely ffs. one of the reasons i never got is why people enjoyed utter crap bs games like these. these games are way too simple, all about footsies, zoning and throws in the crappiest way possible. no matter how great your opponents mistake, you could only sweep, throw or just hit them, unless you life was flashing. notice how snk was a bs company and not even a rival of capcom till they started making good games in which you can combo (ffs, ss2, kof94 and onwards.)

You gotta understand that combos weren't a real big thing in early fighting games, and in the case of ss1, its more strategy involved than just mere combos... It was a different fighter altogether...

BUT, having different features on one console versus the other is kind of messed up, even though the NeoGeo was basically the arcade at home, so if there were any changes made, I'm sure they weren't major...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41l7c1Jks10

However, being able to do this in one version and not the other is still crazy to me...

AcidGlow

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • AcidGlow's YouTube
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 04:15:48 PM »
AOF2 was the best in the series.
AOF had terrible input response and some moves were terribly delayed in animation.
AoF3.. too many juggle combos.. retarded.. hated it.
AoF2 good input response, no reliability on juggles to "win" so more on strategy.