On Tuesday, November 10th, SNK released a finished rollback netcode update worked on by Code Mystics, for King of Fighters 2002UM on Steam. The update adds new some features to the netplay and graphics system such as scanlines, a win-loss screen at the end of matches, name display during matches, and a playback/replay mode!
KOF fans rejoice! Starting today on Steam, KOF 2002 UM gets Rollback Netcode! #SNK#KOF#Steam
Code Mystics expressed gratitude to the FGC for their assistance and support:
We at Code Mystics would just like to extend a personal thank you to the FGC, both for your support in our efforts, and also helping make #KOF2002UM rollback a reality. Here's to a prosperous future to us both! :)
SNK recently have been doing an excellent jobs addressing and taking care of bugs and glitches that are found in the patches of King of Fighters XIV. Recently, they took to facebook to provide more details on the bugs found in the latest update of version 1.10:
【IMPORTANT NOTICE】Related to KOF XIV’s latest ver.1.10 patch
We have confirmed the following issues in the latest patch to KOF XIV:
1. The game disconnects when entering ONLINE Mode after changing “Icons” or “Titles” in “MY PROFILE”
* Moreover, as it affects your Match Completion rate and penalties for disconnecting from a match, we recommend that you do not change these settings on the “MY PROFILE” screen until this bug has been fixed.
2. “Search”, “Entry”, and room creation online features may not work fully at this time.
3. There are some display issues with the trial completion results.
4. Certain users may not be able to acquire new “Titles” online.
5. Certain character moves have different properties than in the latest balance patch. (details are available below).
6. There are also issues with how some visual effects and other aspects are displayed.
A new patch fixing the issues mentioned above is currently under development. We will inform everyone via an announcement regarding the release date of this new patch.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused, and thank you for your understanding and patience.
Also, there are unintended character changes found in the update, which will be reverted in a patch:
For those wondering when exactly will the version 1.10 update will be available for our PS4s, King of Fighters XIV producer Yasuyuki Oda has written a blog post at playstation.com with details about this update & more!
We also listened to your feedback regarding color variations, and will be increasing the total number per character from 4 to 6.