Jump to navigation Jump to search
no edit summary
cl. A/B/C/D are cancel-able.* cl. B hits low.
Stand A/B/C/D is cancel-able.
cr. A/B/C are cancel-able /whiff cancel-able.* cr. A/B are chain-able and his best low ground pokes.* cr. C is a moderately good anti-air if dp + A/C doesn’t suit your style. Iori can still cancel this move even if it hits an airborne opponent.* cr. D has bad recovery, so only use it when it’s guaranteed.
j. C is a great move to use in combos. It’s not as great as it is in KoF games, primarily due to the lack of a short hop to j. C pressure, but it still has its uses.* j. D can be used to counter some aerial moves if timed right. (more to be updated)
'''Guard Cancel Tag Attack'''
Pressing the E button while blocking will allow Iori to do counter with a headbutt attack similar to his CD attack from KoF, and
he will then tag out.
Sakahagi: b/f + CD
*Can be broken.
Ge Shiki Goufu In Shinigami:
f + B* Iori does an overhead kick. This move comes out kind of slow, but can still be used in mixups. Ge Shiki Yuri Ori: in the air b + B
* Iori does a backward kick. This is also an excellent crossup tool that will help with combos, or if desired, a throw attempt.
Ge Shiki Yumebiki: f + A, A
* Iori does a punch to backhand combination. This counts for two hits, and can be canceled into a special or super move.
Oniyaki: dp + A/C
* Iori does an uppercut attack similar to Kyo’s dp + A/C. The button strength determines the height of the uppercut, as well as the number of hits. The A version has high priority. The C version can be canceled to a super.
Yamai Barai: qcf + A/C
* Iori does a small slide forwards while doing an uppercut on the first hit. The second hit is the same, but slightly launches the opponent. The third hit is a small hop with an overhead hammer strike with both hands together. The third hit causes knockdown, and can be followed up with qcf + A/C. On block, this move is not good at all, but can be used as mixups (although risky) if delayed. Each part of this 3 part move can be delayed slightly. The button strength determines the distance traveled, which gives a slight delay in the moves done with C.
Scum Gale: hcb, f + A/C
* Iori grabs the opponent, and shifts them to the other side of the screen. This move has a whiff animation. Scum Gale can also be used in combos, but the combo counter doesn’t necessarily consider it part of a combo.
Maiden Masher: qcf,
hcb + A/C
* Iori quick dashes towards the opponent and does a series of strikes to the opponent, and follows it with an explosive one hand takedown.
Chi no Bousou: qcf, hcb + B/D
* Iori does a flips forward with hand in the air moving in an arc towards the ground. If the move connects, Iori grabs the opponent and does a series of slices each time the screen flashes from black to red, doing damage to the opponent. This move has some uses, but it can't be used in a combo. It has mixup and setup potential
* cr. B, cr. A, dp + C, qcf, hcb + C
(more to be updated)