The King of Fighters '98 UMFE/Andy Bogard
Format for Normals section. Be sure to add bullet points for multiple moves having a property (e.g. j. B/D cross-up; st/cr. A/B/C/D are whiff/cancelable). REMOVE AFTER WRITING IN.
- cl. A: hits very high up so it whiffs on low crouchers. Chainable. Cancelable.
- cl. B: hits a bit lower than cl.A so it will hit low crouchers. Not Chainable. Cancelable.
- cl. C: one of Andys fastest attacks at 3f and one of his best combo tools. Hits twice, the second hit will whiff on low crouchers but hit on tiny crouchers. Cancelable.
- cl. D: hits high up so can be useful as a close range anti air. Not cancelable.
- st. A: far ranged st.A that hits very high up. good for stopping hops. Whiffs on regular and smaller crouchers. Not chainable, Not cancelable.
- st. B: good neutral poke, excellent at stopping hops. Whiffs on regular and smaller crouchers. Not chainable. Not cancelable.
- st. C: long range poke with a lot of recovery. Important tool for Andys game as it is his furthest reaching poke that will hit crouchers. Not cancelable.
- st. D: very slow kick that hits high up. hits twice, once above Andy and once in front of him. Because it has slow startup and recovery this move is best avoided. Not cancelable.
- cr. A: a standard crouching jab. good to use in blockstrings since it's +0 on block. Chainable. Cancelable.
- cr. B: Your main low combo option. Comes out fast and is cancelable so it's a great normal. Chainable. Cancelable.
- cr. C: a decent poke with a bit shorter range. Good to use in combos on low characters where the full cl.C might whiff. Cancelable on whiff and contact.
- cr. D: long range sweep with average startup. Good as a long range low poke. fairly safe when spaced out to hit at the tip but punishable when closer up. Not cancelable.
- j. A: fast startup and a good downwards hitbox. Can crossup standing characters and the tall crouchers.
- j. B: a kick that hits high up. Good air to air since it has long range and a lot of active frames. Whiffs on regular and smaller crouchers.
- neutral J. B: similar to j.B but the hitbox extends further down so it will hit every croucher except the tiny ones.
- j. C: excellent priority straight in front of him. good for air to airs and also works as a jumpin normal.
- j. D: Andys main jumpin normal. long range and has good priority in front of him and a little bit below him so it works both as a air to air and jumpin.
- Neutral j. D: almost exactly the same as j.D but it has slightly less forwards priortiy and andy does a different pose.
- st. CD: slow startup and recovery. Good to use for whiff cancelling and occasionally as a poke or meaty. Whiffs on tiny crouchers. Cancelable on whiff and contact.
- j. CD: has longer startup than all his other jumping attacks and hits high up similar to his j.B but with less range so not a great normal but can be used for the extra blockstun during pressure against regular and tall crouchers. Whiffs on low crouchers.
Original Iron Press: b/f + C
- Regular throw, techable. Andy picks the opponent up and jumps in the air, he then slams them down to the ground and kicks them away. it sends them 80% of the screen and deals a hard knockdown.
Wrap-around Slam: b/f + D
- Regular throw, techable. Andy throws the opponent behhind him sending them fullscreen and dealing a soft knockdown.
Chin Raiser: f + B
- an overhead move when done raw but it loses that property when cancelled into.
- Hits above him at first and then in front of him so it can both anti air and hit grounded opponent.
- leaves the opponent standing on hit.
- can be combo'd out of with a quick max cancel.
- the raw version is safe on block against everything but 1f command grabs when point blank. The cancelled into version is more punishable though.
Facelift Smash: df + A
- a two hit move that hits in front and diagonally above Andy.
- good to use in combos and blockstrings as you can special cancel out of it.
- the second hit can whiff at further ranges and when pushed out too much in combos. It always whiffs on low crouchers.
- the second hit has a good anti airing hitbox and you can cancel it into fireball for a juggle if it hits.
Hishou Ken - qcb + A
- a short ranged energy blast that hits about a halfscreen distance.
- good as a poke and blockstring ender
- also good as a combo ender.
- pretty punishable on whiff.
Geki Hishou Ken - qcb + C
Dam Breaker Punch - hcf + A/C (near)
Sonic Split - hcf + B/D
Syo Ryu Dan - dp + A/C
Zen ei Ken - db, f + A/C
> Ga dan kou - qcf + A/C
Shiranui Shadow - qcf + B/D (in air)
> Downward Jab - A/C while landing
> Uppercut Crush - B/D while landing
Flying Comet Punch - qcf x 2 + A/C
Super Sonic Swirl - qcb,db,f + B/D