The King of Fighters 2002 UM/Kasumi Todoh
cr.B, cr.A, qcb+Px3 = 23%
(jump-in), cl.C, f+A, qcb+Px3 = 34%
(jump-in), cl.C, f+A(2), qcfx2+A = 45%
(jump-in), cl.C, f+A, hcb f+A(3~4), (SC) qcfx2+C = 48/55%
(jump-in), cl.C, f+A(1), BC, cl.C, f+A(2), hcb f+A(2), (C) qcb+Px2, (C) qcb+D(1) (SC) qcfx2+C = 59%
(jump-in), cl.C, f+A, hcb f+A, st.C, qcfx2+AC = 80%
- cl.A/B/C/D are cancellable
- cl.A chains into other lights.
- cl.C/D do enough hit-stun to start BnB's.
- cl.C stays out for good bit and has a lot of priority, can be used a anti-air.
- Far C is whiff cancellable
- Far B and D are good pokes, Far D has more range.
- cr.A/B are chainable.
- cr.A/C/D are whiff cancellable.
- cr.D can be used in blockstrings.
- sh.B makes a good meaty attack.
- j.D is one of the best buttons in the game. Stays out for a very long time, has a huge crossup hitbox. Cancellable.
- Stand CD has okay range but comes out fast, whiff cancellable.
- Jump CD comes out really fast, great air-to-air especially during a super jump, cancellable.
Maki Age - b/f+C
- Kasumi grabs them then hits them in the face with her palm, regular throw.
- Can be broken
- Regular knockdown
Aiki Age - b/f+D
- A simple over the shoulder throw, after the throw you can run up and use Kasane Ate.
- Can be broken
- Reverse knockdown
Hiji Ate - f+A
- Kasumi moves forward and does a sideways chop for two hits, this command move is great because it does just about everything, when used by itself it's an overhead attack, however since you can't cancel it on it's own you can use it to string into BC activation then continue from there, when used after her stand C/D it links to her Senkou Sagashi rekkas, Kasane Ate, Hakuzan Toh, Tatsumaki Souda, using it after stand C/D can be used to start very powerful BC combos, if used on guard Kasumi is pushed back on the second hit, as mentioned before this move does two hits which is cancellable when canceled into, the second hit will push her back just like the guarded version so you have to cancel it as soon as it hits, their is still a slight push back on the second hit but Kasane Ate takes good advantage of that.
- Free Cancellable on both hits if canceled into.
- Overhead Attack on both hits when used alone.
- Combos into: Senkou Sagashi rekkas, Kasane Ate, Hakuzan Toh, Tatsumaki Souda
- Second hit pushes back making Kasane Ate a great follow-up attack.
- When used in combos it can set-up strong blockstrings with her Senkou Sagashi rekkas.
Kasane Ate - qcf+A/C
- Kasumi makes a short wave of energy to hit the opponent, zones out the opponents projectiles, if you are too close to the opponent the enery wave will whiff because the hitbox is mostly in the middle rather than the front or last part, when used up close to challenge laggy moves it will win the trade and their is a small bit of invincibility towards the end of the move, either version works very well after her two hit Hiji Ate command normal, will juggle the opponent on counter hit which you can then use stand CD or any of her other normals to finish the combo, both versions can be used constant success if you get the timing down right, builds a lot of meter moreso on guard than on it's own.
- Combos from: Hiji Ate command normals (two hits).
- Combos into: Stand or Far Normals when used on counter hit.
- Nullifies the opponents projectiles.
- The middle part of Kasumi's hitbox is invincible towards the end.
- Juggles the opponent on counter hit.
- Builds a lot of meter
Air Kasane Ate - qcf+A/C in Air
- Kasumi makes a short wave of energy to hit the opponent in the air, knocks the opponent down on contact, much like the ground version it juggles the opponent on counter hit, can be used during her backdash, can also be used during a tiger knee short hop to use it really low near the ground, can be combo'd from her jump D.
- Can be used during her backdash, can also be used during a short hop by doing the tiger knee motion.
- Combos from: jump D
- Combos into: Hakuzan Toh on counter hit.
Hakuzan Toh - qcb+B/D
- Kasumi uses her left hand to do a palm attack that launches the opponent high into the air, weak version makes her stand and place then do the palm strike while the strong version makes her step forward then do it, has auto-guard so it will override most if not all moves that challenge it, however moves that are overheads are likely to win the trade, beats jump-ins quite easily because the first hit will bypass the jump attack then the second hit will launch them into the air, and it works quite well after her Tatsumaki Souda (hcb,f+P) in the corner. It is super cancel-able on both hits but only in Max Mode that Chou Kasane Ate (qcfx2+P) works as a good follow-up after the first hit but the strong version only works in the corner because of it's prolonged start-up.
- Super Cancellable on both hits.
- Combos from: Hiji Ate, Tatsumaki Souda.
- Combos into: In Max Mode, Chou Kasane Ate, weak version works midscreen, while the strong version works in the corner only.
Messhin Mutoh - hcf+B
- Kasumi raises her right hand into the air and puts her left hand at her side, if attacked while she is in this pose she will grab the opponent then flip them over her shoulder, counters jump-ins and regular normals and special attacks, this move does not counter DM's or low hitting attacks, she is vulnerable to throws/projectiles/DM's while she is in this pose.
- Counters high/mid attacks
- Doesn't counter DM's or low hitting attacks.
- Vulnerable to throws, projectiles, and DM's.
Sassho Inshuu - hcf+D
- Kasumi raises both her hands and if she is attacked while doing this she will parry the attack then kick the opponent in the gut knocking them down, counter normals that hit mid and low, just like the former this move will not counter DM's but it also willnot counter special attacks, she is vulnerable to throws/projectiles/DM's while she is in this pose.
- Counters mid/low attacks
- Doesn't counter DM's, low hitting attacks, and special attacks.
- Vulnerable to throws, projectiles, and DM's.
Hanshin Morote Gaeshi - d,d+B/D
- Kasumi crouches to the ground with her hands up, if the opponent attacks her while she is in this pose she will flip them over her shoulder, counters normals than hit low but not much else, works pretty well against opponents that love to start combos from crouch normals, Kasumi is vulnerable to just about everything besides crouch normals in this mode.
- Counters low hitting attacks.
- Vulnerable to everything besides what she can counter.
- Doesn't counter anything but low hitting attacks.
Tatsumaki Souda - hcb f+A/C close
- Kasumi does two chops then she spin and does two more hits that launch the opponent into the air. There is absolutely no whiff animation whatsoever, since it has command grab properties it can't be guarded when you use it up close, works well after strong normals and her Hiji Ate command normal after one or two hits, this move launches the opponent into the air, you have two options to follow-up with, one of the options is to just finish the combo up with her stand CD, or if you have the meter you can use a far strong normal (like Far C since it's cancelable) to reset the opponents body which is when you can easily throw out her HSDM to complete destroy them, take note the Far C (and infact her stand CD as well) is required if you wish to use the HSDM as a combo ender because they reset the opponents body to prevent them from safe rolling to evade the in coming HSDM, Hakuzan Toh can also help set-up the HSDM because it launches them higher into giving them no saving grace at all and to eat the whole HSDM, this move is also super cancellable on every hit but weak Chou Kasane Ate seems to work just fine after the launch, if you want to super cancel you may want to stick to BC combos unless think it will finish them off.
- Proximity Unblockable
- Light punch version starts up in 4 frames and launches the opponent high in the air, while the strong version starts up in 7 frames and doesn't launch the opponent very high
- Super Cancellable on any hit.
- Puts the opponent in a juggles state.
- Combos from: Strong normals, Hiji Ate
- Combos into: strong far or close normals, st./j.CD's Hakuzan Toh, Chou Kasane Ate, and HSDM Sousei Kasane Ate Ryuukasumi after close/far C/CD reset or Hakuzan Toh launcher.
Senkou Sagashi - qcb+P x3
- Kasumi does a series of attacks that ends with her kicking the opponent in the stomach, the first rekka occurs as soon as you press qcb+P which is when she steps forward to do a horizontal chop then an upward palm strike (two hits), pressing qcb+P again after the first rekka will make her do the second rekka where she does a downward chop attack (one hit), pressing qcb+P again will make do the last rekka where she does a thrust kick with her left leg knocking the opponent to the ground (one hit), another really good, this move wails on the opponents guard like no tomorrow but the best part is if you do as all three rekkas the last hit pushes her back making it really safe to use in succession making a really powerful move for blockstrings, this move gets most of it's use in BC combos but that will be explained later on.
- Three part rekka attack.
- Eats away at the opponents guard very quickly.
- Combos from: strong normals and Hiji Ate.
- Combos into: Keeps her close enough to get a crouch D in, most of the time the opponent won't react fast enough to punish accordingly so while it's a good idea it's not always to go for it.
Shingan Kuzu Otoshi - qcf hcb+A/C
- Kasumi holds up both of her hands and if she is attacked she will flip the opponent over her shoulder and onto the ground then punch them in the back of the head, their is no DM flash for this move except when the counter is successful, upon activation this move will use up meter so you have to time it or you'll waste meter, the unique thing about this counter is that if the opponent rolls past her while she still has her hands up and they attack she will still counter them, she is still vulnerable to a few things but she can counter low/mid hitting normals/commands/special attacks/DM's/SDM's/ and some HSDM's as well, comboing into it is never suggested because of hit-stun.
- Counters low/mid hitting normals/commands/special attacks/DM's/SDM's/HSDM's.
- Vulnerable to throws, projectiles, and jumping overhead attacks.
Chou Kasane Ate - qcfx2+A/C
- Kasumi puts her hands behind her head then flings them forward letting out a large Kasane Ate, the weak version comes out instantly and goes half-screen to knock the opponent down, up certain circumstances the weak version won't knock the opponent down but it usually depends on how close you are and where you activate the DM, the strong version has a longer start-up and goes full-screen but doesn't knock the opponent down at all, the strong version is also really un-safe to use from half-screen or close because the recovery is really poor, this works as a good combo ender whether it's after Hiji Ate (a little unsafe), or Hakuzan Toh/Tatsumaki Souda (suggested combo ender, super canceled or not), it also has it's far share of options in BC mode but will be explained later on.
- Combos from: Hakuzan Toh and Tatsumaki Souda super canceled or not, weak version combos from Hiji Ate two hits.
Super Desperation Moves
Shingan Kuzu Otoshi - qcf hcb+AC
- Kasumi holds up both of her hands and if she is attacked she will flip the opponent over her shoulder and onto the ground then punch them in the back of the head, more damage than the former counter DM, their is still no DM flash for this move except when the counter is successful, upon activation this move will use up meter so you have to time it or you'll waste A LOT meter, the unique thing about this counter is that if the opponent rolls past her while she still has her hands up and they attack she will still counter them, she is still vulnerable to a few things but she can counter low/mid hitting normals/commands/special attacks/DM's/SDM's/ and some HSDM's as well, once again comboing into it is never suggested because of hit-stun.
- Counters low/mid hitting normals/commands/special attacks/DM's/SDM's/HSDM's.
- Vulnerable to throws, projectiles, and jumping overhead attacks.
Sousei Kasane Ate Ryuukasumi - qcfx2+AC
- Kasumi puts her hands behind her head, then her father jumps forward and raises his hands as well, then they both flings their arms forward letting out a huge Kasane Ate energy wave doing 6 hits, one of her best moves if used right and one of her worst moves used wrong, this move does 45% raw damage, it also relies strictly on launcher's/set-ups/Max Mode/resets/or the opponent just jumping in the air to get the most out of it, the whole point of this move is to put your opponent in a position where they can't do anything but take the hit, if you use it too late you'll probably whiff it and despite the move having OTG properties you may never get a chance to use them because they can safe roll, if used in the corner to late they can safe roll it and you'll be left wide open to get punished, there are a lot of set-ups for this move but that will be explained later on.
- Hakuzan Toh and Tatsumaki Souda~Normal reset.
- OTG Properties
Damage values are without jump-in and for cl.C, f+A starter. You can add a jump-in to every combo that starts with cl.C.
★ (cl.C, f+A(2)) / (cr.B, cr.A) , qcb+Px3
- Basic and easy bnb you should default to if you haven't confirmed the hit. Doing cr.Bx2, cr.A is possible but not advised. On block, ending with one qcb+P is safe on most of the cast.
★ cl.C, f+A(2), hcb,f+A, j.CD
- More damage, no reason not to use this if you've confirmed the hit. You can use another jump button for air reset mix-ups.
- cl.C, f+A(2), hcb,f+A, run, qcb+D
- The run into qcb+D is very tight midscreen and only does 2% more than the easy j.CD. Should be preferred in corner, where you don't need to run and can whiff cancel cr.A instead to get the timing.
- cl.C, f+A(2), hcb,f+A, qcfx2+A
- Punishable on hit in the corner if the opponent techs the knockdown, preferred midscreen. Does 42% damage.
★ cl.C, f+A(2), qcfx2+A
- Doesn't knockdown in the corner and is punishable on hit there, preferred midscreen. Does 45% damage.
Starter = [ f+A / (cl.C, f+A) ]
- raw f+A is a great overhead and cl.C, f+A is the classic option to hitconfirm or convert off a jump-in.
- For either, if you stop at f+A(1) you can just BC walk to continue the combo. If you go for f+A(2), you have to run.
Max = Starter (BC) cl.C, f+A, hcb,f+A(2) / hcb,f+C(3)
- hcb,f+C(3) does more but may whiff after f+A(2) on Bao, Shermie, crouching Daimon and these inconsistent characters.
- If you can't be bothered default to Starter (BC) cl.C, f+A(2), hcb,f+A(2).
- It's not recommended but you can omit the hcb,f+A/C if you're really bad at that motion.
★ cl.C, f+A, hcb,f+A(3~4), (SC) qcfx2+C
- Easy and decent damage. If the jump-in isn't deep enough or a cross-up, cancel f+A's first hit. Super cancel hcb,f+A on the 4th hit midscreen and the 3rd in the corner. 2 hits of f+A, it does 55% midscreen and 49% corner.
★ Max, (C) qcb+P (1), (C) qcb+K (1), (SC) qcfx2+C
- Very good 2 bar conversion for easy and reliable damage. Does less damage in the corner, preferred midscreen, 61%.
- [Blocked] j.C/D, cl.C, f+A(1), BC run, cl.C, f+A(2), qcb+Px2, (C) qcb+K(1), (C) qcb+P(1), (C) qcf+P [Guard Break] cl.C, f+A(2), hcb,f+A, (SC) qcfx2+C
- This is a true guard break blockstring that leads to ~30% damage if the opponent has no stock to GC out of it. Midscreen, you need to briefly walk forward after the guard break. In the corner, for more damage you can replace hcb,f+A by hcb,f+C if the opponent isn't Bao, Shermie, crouching Daimon or an inconsistent character.
★ Max, (C) qcb+P (2) / qcb+Px2, (C) qcb+D (1), (SC) qcfx2+C
- Corner variant of the max bnb for more damage. 62%.
- (Corner) cl.C, f+A, hcb,f+A, qcb+D(1), (SC) qcfx2+C
- Harder but more damaging corner variant of the SC combo. You need to time the qcb+D so that the first hit lands very low for full damage which makes it pretty tight. Not worth going for over max, 57%.
qcfx2+AC does less damage if you're too close to the corner so when you can, walking back is best.
- cl.C, f+A, hcb,f+A, hh.CD, qcfx2+AC
- You need the hyperhop CD so that the opponent doesn't land and tech the knockdown to then block the super. The window for it is pretty tight, use the next two instead. Does 79%.
★ cl.C, f+A, hcb,f+A, walk st.C/CD, qcfx2+AC
- Your default 3 bar conversion. You need to walk a bit if you are far from the corner or the opponent can land and block before the super reaches. Does 82%.
- cl.C, f+A, hcb,f+C, st.C/CD, qcfx2+AC
- No need to walk on this one but if you don't cancel the first hit of f+A, hcb,f+C will whiff on Bao, Shermie, crouching Daimon and these inconsistent characters. st.CD only near corner. Does 82%.
★ Max, (C) qcb+P(1), (C) qcb+B, qcfx2+AC
- Very good 3-bar max route you can default to, easy and perfectly consistent. 78%.
- Max, (C) qcb+Px2, (C) qcb+B, qcfx2+AC
- More damaging version of the above combo but qcb+B won't connect properly on crouching (Kyo, Kyo-1, Kyo-2, Kusanagi, Shingo, Nameless, Iori, Mature, Vice, Yuri, Bao, Ralf, Clark, K', Angel, King) making them able to recovery roll and block. 83%.
- [Blocked] j.C/D, cl.C, f+A(1), BC run, cl.C, f+A(2), qcb+Px2, (C) qcb+K(1), (C) qcb+P(1), (C) qcf+P [Guard Break] cl.C, f+A(1), hcb,f+A, qcfx2+AC
- 3 bar version of the guard break combo that leads into 59%. The opponent can recovery roll through the hdsm and full punish if you're not close enough to the corner but the combo travels a good 75% of the stage so it's not a big deal as long as you keep it in mind.
- qcb+B, qcfx2+AC
- Anti-air the opponent, then do the HSDM when the opponent rises slightly above the life bars. If you use qcb+D the opponent can recovery roll and punish.
- Build meter from afar (or up close), then rushdown like a monster
- close C stays out for a good bit
- Jump D crosses up, the hitbox stretches to her other leg
- Hiji Ate (f+A) is an overhead on both hits, can be used to start Max Mode combos
- qcf+P builds meter fast especially on guard, if you get the timing down you can safely spam it in succesion but only if you are at least a body frame away to prevent from being hit by a GCA, when used to challenge other projectiles it's likely that you will lose because the hitbox is mostly in the middle wave, however if you use it against laggier attacks (like Terry's Round Wave) this move will beat it and Kasumi will bypass anything else because she is invincible during the recovery, crouch D whiff to qcf+A works a good fake out move.
- Kasane Ate (qcf+P air) can be used during backdash, it can also be tiger knee'd, gives good frame advantage on block.
- hcb f+P has no whiff animation, combos from both hits of Hiji Ate, follow-ups include Far C, Far D, (corner) close C, close D, CD, hh.CD, qcb+K, etc.
- qcb+K has auto-guard to beat jump-ins, D makes her move forward then do the launcher
- Senkou Sagashi (3rd) rekkas are moderately safe on block, it also guard crushes very quickly so try using it in a blockstring, it builds meter pretty quickly but no as much as Kasane Ate on block.
- Messhin Mutoh (hcf+B) is probably her best counter out of all of her normal counters, since it counters jump-ins you won't have to rely on Hakuzan Toh all the time, it's not always suggested that you use counters because they're very situational but if you must use them use this one
- Shingan Kuzu Otoshi (regular or MAX) counter covers her whole body, counters low/mid hitting normals/commands/special attacks/DM's/SDM's/HSDM's/etc.
- Under certain circumstances Chou Kasane Ate will not knock the to the ground, mostly happends if you combo into it after two hits of Hiji Ate (never suggested), this DM also works best when you super cancel into it
- HSDM Sousei Kasane Ate Ryuukasumi has OTG properties but if you're opponent is smart you'll probably never get the chance to do it because they'll be too busy safe rolling the whole thing, never use this HSDM without Hakuzan Toh the launcher or Tatsumaki Souda (hcb f+P) st.X/Far X reset
- Notes for the combo section, qcb+P (1) means one hit, just to clear up some confusion because her first rekka does two hits.
- qcb+P (2) means both hits from the first rekka.
- qcb+P (3) means 3 hits, which mean you will have to perform her second rekka, qcb+P x3 means you have to do all three of her rekkas.
- JCD is faster
- Faster bette rekkas
- qcb+K has it's invincibility form SVC Chaos
- qcf+P does one hit from short range
- qcf hcb+P hitbox surrounds her whole body including her back
- New HSDM
cl.A - 5F (+3F)
cl.B - 8F (-5F)
cl.C - 5F (+2F)
cl.D - 10F (-2F)
st.A - 5F (+1F)
st.B - 14F (-3F)
st.C - 12F (-13F)
st.D - 13F (-6F)
CD - 13F (-3F)
cr.A - 5F (-3F)
cr.B - 4F (-2F)
cr.C - 9F (-11F)
cr.D - 7F (-2F)
Hiji Ate (f+A)
-  - 18F
-  - 26F (-5F)
Hiji Ate (f+A) Cancelled - 15F (-5F)→Guard
Tatsumaki Souda (hcb f+P) - 4F (No Guard)
- weak - 4F
- strong - 7F
Kasane Ate (qcf+A) - 18F (+2F～+7F)
Kasane Ate (qcf+C) - 19F(+0F～+4F)
Hakuzan Toh (qcb+B)
-  - 13F (-9F)
-  - 18F (-4F)
Hakuzan Toh (qcb+D)
-  - 15F (-16F)
-  - 21F (-10F)
Senkou Sagashi (qcb+P x3)
-  - 10F (-6F)→Guard
↑ GCAB - (Guard-13F)
↑ BC 13F (Guard-4F)
-  - (-17F)
- [Last Kick] - (-7F)
Chou Kasane Ate (qcfx2+A) - 16F (-34F)[All Guard]
Chou Kasane Ate (qcfx2+C) - ?F(-24F)[All Guard]
↑Start-up is higher than 37 frames
Sousei Kasane Ate Ryuukasumi (qcfx2+AC) - 22F (-59F)→[All Guard]
Discuss at 02UM Discord server
Discuss at Dream Cancel