The King of Fighters XIV/Angel
- 1 Movelist
- 2 Quick Combo Reference
- 3 Gameplay Overview
- 4 Normals
- 5 Throws
- 6 Command Moves
- 7 Special Moves
- 8 Super Special Moves
- 9 Climax Super Special Moves
- 10 Combos
- 11 Misc
- 12 Videos
- 13 External Links
- 14 Discussion Threads
(*) = EX OK
(!) = MAX OK
- Unchain Circle
- Special Unchain Circle
- Unchain Finish
Super Special Moves
Climax Desperation Move
Quick Combo Reference
(Combo 1) = (damage number here) dmg
(Combo 1) = (damage number here) dmg
|2 Meters||Anywhere||(Combo 1) = (damage number here) dmg|
Considerably the most technical character among the roster, Angel can be domineering as she is difficult to use. As her normals are fairly decent, Angel shines in terms of offensive pressure, resets and mix up game mostly with her Unchain attacks. Your patience will be tested against zoners as well as characters with better normals such as Daimon, Geese, Benimaru and such. But when you get in, do as much damage as possible or get your opponent in a position to where they have to keep guessing.
- st. A - Quick 4f jab. Fairly useful against close hops. Cancellable.
- st. B - 6f high kick. Good tool in terms of anti airs. Super/climax cancellable.
- st. C - Far reaching elbow. Can anti air some situations. Super/Climax Cancellable.
- st. D - Angled roundhouse kick. Questionable anti air.
- cl. A - Fast 4f elbow. Cancellable.
- cl. B - Quick 5f shin kick. Looks low but actually a mid. Cancellable.
- cl. C - Hard body blow. Cancellable.
- cl. D - High knee. Cancellable.
- cr. A - Quick crouching jab. Cancellable.
- cr. B - Low hitting kick. Super/Climax cancellable.
- cr. C - Two handed launcher. Cancellable. Best to cancel as this is -25 on block.
- cr. D - Low sweep. Cancellable.
- j. A - Downward elbow which can be followed up with the Heavy Knee attack from a regular jump.
- j. B - Air knee. Often used for safe jump situations. Good tool for air to air.
- j. C - Dedicated crossup elbow.
- j. D - Diagonal downward hard kick. Potential for knifing into crouching opponents attempting to low profile anti-air.
- st. CD - Far reaching straight punch. Cancellable with the exception of command move. Most ranged of Angel’s normals.
- j. CD - Semi horizontal knockdown kick.
Tekitou Rush - (b/f+C) close
- Forward throw involving a 3 hit combo attack.
Shadow Behead - (b/f+D) close
- Back throw involving a quick dash behind as Angel snaps the opponent’s neck as she kick their back. Hard knockdown.
Middle Spin - (f + B)
- A 2 hit unique move that is special, super, and climax cancellable on either hit. First hit can combo into Mad Murder from a distance.
Heavy Knee Attack - (down + D) (if in air)
- Special air attack that can also be done from a backdash or a follow up after j. A (not a hop but regular or hyper jump). Keep in mind the j. A to Heavy Knee target combo is somewhat character specific. Example: the target combo would work against Gang-Il but not Leona since both have close to similar height (in neutral). Command has been made more lenient with db or df also being allowed for input.
Red Sky - (hcb + B/D)
- Quick dash attack that results in a guaranteed throw when it connects resulting in a hard knockdown.
- Both B and D versions have the same startup (15f) and block advantage (-4). Max distance of both is about ¾ of the screen.
- Typically used as a combo ender if not going for reset.
EX: Faster startup (11f), same block advantage, and more damage.
Mad Murder - (rdp + B/D)
- Command grab that launches opponent to the air.
- Creates opportunities for juggles and resets.
- Can be comboed from a very cl. B (as in you have to be breathing on them). Considering that startup is 14f. However Real Rave Super will whiff- (Real Rave Super no longer whiffs with this* Increased damage scaling as of 3.10.)
- Also possible to combo into from the first hit of Middle Spin.
EX: Faster startup (9f), more damage, launches opponent higher in the air and has invincibility (3f?)
* Series of beginning attacks to go into Angel’s offensive roulette of Unchain Circle Attacks.
- ∟ Unchain Low - (df + B)
- A low kick which moves her slightly forward.
- ∟ Unchain Heel - (df + D)
- An overhead kick.
- ∟ Unchain Tornado - (back, towards + B/D)
- A 2 hit spinning high kick.
- There is a chance that the 1st hit can whiff crouching opponents, even more so with short height.
- ∟ Unchain Blow - (qcb + A/C)
- A body blow that can take the opponent to a juggle state on hit while going into Unchain Circle attacks.
- Both versions have the same startup (16f), however A version has pushback and block advantage is -5f while C version has minimal pushback and block advantage is -2. If you decide not to continue with the attack in the corner you can do a quick normal in the corner from the C version for mixup/reset purpose.
- EX version has a slow startup (27f) but it can guard break or put opponent in crumble state on hit. On juggle it will just knock them away. Also you can’t go into Circle attacks after this.
- ∟ Unchain Step - (hcf + A/C)
- A command dash that goes into Unchain Circle attacks. Max distance of the dash is around ½ screen. If the opponent is within proximity of the dash, Angel will dash to other side of opponent except if opponent is in corner.
- EX version makes Angel’s dash slightly faster with a slightly bigger proximity window and possible invincibility(?). Max distance is about ¾ of screen.
* When an Unchain Start has been initiated, Unchain Circle extends the attack. While in Circle Angel has the option to use up to 6 alternating attacks. So after the start, if the follow up is a punch attack then the next will be a kick and vice versa. Directional input is considered as well so if an up attack is used the next attack has to be any direction but that one or an Unchain Finish or a super/climax cancel. Grounded and juggled state is also considered with conditional exception. Example: If Angel lands a Start with a Circle from the ground that put the opponent in the air, her options become very limited in terms of juggling.
* Unchain Step can be used within Unchain Circle, however Angel will be limited to 1 Circle attack.
- ∟ Circle Upper (after Unchain start), (up + A/C)
- The palm uppercut of the Circle. If juggled this attack can slightly extend an opponent’s air time. Safest among the Circle attacks with block advantage at -3.
- Can follow up after this attack will be any kick attack with a different direction, a Finish, a super or climax cancel.
- Also forces a crouching opponent to stand on hit.
- ∟ Circle Sobat (after Unchain start), (towards + B/D)
- An overhead jump kick that moves Angel forward. This attack is the conditional exception in terms of juggling. Some of Angel’s hard hitting combos involve juggling with this attack getting used twice (3 times in Max mode).
- A risky attack with a block advantage of -16. But since it is an overhead it is a good way to get an opponent off guard if you whiff a low attack if they stay in crouch position.
- When using during a grounded combo, no other Unchain Circle follow-up outside the Finish Grapple Kick will maintain the combo.
- Can follow up with a punch attack of non forward direction, or super/climax cancel.
- ∟ Circle Under Blow (after Unchain start), (down + A/C)
- A quick low punch to extend offense. Marginal risk with block advantage of -7 but there is a bit of pushback to consider.
- Can follow up with a kick attack of different direction, or super/climax cancel.
- ∟ Circle High (after Unchain start), (up + B/D)
- A quick high roundhouse kick as another means of extending offense. Second safest Circle attack with block advantage of -4.
- Can follow up with a punch attack of different direction, or super/climax cancel.
- ∟ Circle Hammer Blow (after Unchain start), (towards + A/C)
- A 2 hit overhead punch for catching crouching opponents. Good tool for mixups despite having the second longest startup of Circle attacks (20f).
- Can follow with a kick attack of non forward direction, or a super/climax cancel.
- ∟ Circle Assault (after Unchain start), (down + B/D)
- A vaulting low kick that moves Angel forward about ⅓ of the screen. Riskiest of the Circle attacks as it has a 24f startup, however if your timing is right it can hop over ground projectiles like Iori.
- Can follow up with a punch attack of a different direction, or a super/climax cancel.
Special Unchain Circle
'* A series of feint attacks that can be are done after Circle attacks, but before Unchain Finish. As Angel spins around, there is projectile invincibility when timed right and it’s another means of keeping range with your attacks. However, you can get thrown out but you are able to super/climax cancel during this.
- ∟ Circle Feint (after Unchain Circle), (A+B)
- Angel spins while in a neutral position.
- ∟ Circle Feint (Forward) (after Unchain Circle), (towards + A+B)
- Angel spins as she hops forward about ¼ of the screen.
- ∟ Circle Feint (Backward) (after Unchain Circle), (back + A+B)
- Angel spins as she hops backwards about ¼ of the screen.
* As the name suggests, these are attack enders of Angel’s offensive roulette.
- ∟ Finish Lariat (after Unchain Circle or Special Unchain Circle), (f,f + A)
- A high punch that launches the opponent in the air. Depending on positioning, you can go into a new Unchain set that can juggle (usually Tornado) or go for a reset or just catch them with Red Sky.
- Riskiest of the striking finish with block advantage of -12. So, a good tool in terms of hit confirmation.
- ∟ Finish Straight (after Unchain Circle or Special Unchain Circle), (f,f + C)
- A slow unblockable straight punch that can bounce your opponent off the wall. Hard knockdown.
- Very risky ender with a startup of 27f, spacing/positioning would be very important if you want to employ this. Also, a good way to gauge your opponent’s reactions.
- ∟ Finish Rolling (after Unchain Circle or Special Unchain Circle), (f, f + B/D)
- A 3 hit cartwheel ender. All 3 hits are overheads. Strangely the first 2 hits can force a crouching opponent to stand and the 3rd hit is a hard knockdown.
- This is ender is a mixed bag because it has a slow startup (21f) but is the safest of striking enders with a block advantage of -5. Consider spacing/positioning.
- ∟ Finish Neck Cutter (after Unchain Circle or Special Unchain Circle), (qcf + A)
- A command grab where Angel jump in the air twist the opponent’s neck. Hard knockdown.
- A tool to consider for the purpose of mix ups. Startup is 21f so again consider spacing/positioning.
- ∟ Finish Grapple Kick (after Unchain Circle or Special Unchain Circle), (qcf + C)
- A command grab where Angel drop kicks your opponent in the gut. Arguably a 1f startup, this is a good ender for meterless ground combos. Hard knockdown.
Super Special Moves
Real Rave - (b, dp + A/C)
- Angel dashes and execute multiple hits if connected. 9 hits for level 1. 15 hits for level 2.
- Extended combo ender. Damage goes by how much meter is used.
Blue Monday Counter - (b, dp + B/D)
- Angel’s counter stance. Even though she is positioned with her knee to air, this is a full body counter where she can get up to 3f of physical invincibility.
- When activated, she grabs your opponent, slams them to the ground, and ends with an elbow drop to the chest.
- Startup and damage determined by meter used. Level 1 has a 4f startup with 200 damage. Level 2 has 1f startup with 350 damage.
Climax Super Special Moves
Ascension Time - (qcf, qcf + B+D)
- Angel’s Level 3 cinematic super. She flips to the air and comes down with 2 overhead kicks.
- The 1st hit must connect for max damage.
- Basically your ultimate combo ender.
- Used simple to most common Angel combos.
- Max cancel combos were considered using a point (1st of team) character with a 1000 (minimum) MAX mode gauge.
Rush Auto Combo
Meterless: Simple auto combo ending with a hard knockdown. Ender depends on meter. No meter ends with Red Sky. 138 dmg. (up to 220 with a jump in)
1 Meter: 1 meter ends with level 1 Real Rave. 219 dmg. (up to 292 with a jump in)
EX: 2 meters end with Level 2 Real Rave. Must have max mode activated. 355 dmg. (up to 406 with a jump in)
- Reminder: you are NOT able to Advance Cancel or Climax Cancel from a Rush Combo
- cl. D , f+B (both hits), hcb+K = 203 dmg (up to 278 with a jump in)
(Simple anywhere combo ending in a hard knockdown.)
- cl. D, f+B (1st hit), df+B, down+punch, towards+K, qcf+C = (260 dmg)
(up to 327 with a jump in. Introductory Unchain combo. See Angel Trial Mode Level 1. Hard Knockdown.)
- cr. B, cr. A, b,f+K (1st hit), down+punch, ff+A, hcb+K (209 dmg)
(Intermediate Unchain combo. If close enough, you can substitute cr A for cl A or cl B. Also you have the option of hitting any regular attack after + finish for mixup/reset opportunities.)
- *midscreen* crossup j. C, cl.B, qcb+P, f+K, up+P, hcf+K, up+K, hcf+K, f+K, ff+A, hcb+K = (347 dmg)
(Advanced Unchain combo requiring 2 Unchain Steps. Timing is critical. Just take into account there are options to do variations of a combo like this.)
- cl. D, f+B (1st hit), qcb+P, up+K, ff+A, b,f+K, f+K, up+P, hcb+K = 352 dmg. (up to 407 with jump in)
(Advanced Unchain combo. Be aware of timing. 3 opportunities for reset/mixup either from qcb+C with a quick normal, after ff+A finish with any normal, or even after the up+P with any normal. So many choices in terms of offense.)
-Combos ending with rave super.
- cl. D, f+B (1st hit), qcb+P, f+K, b,dp+P = 338 dmg (up to 393 with jump in)
- cl. D, f+B (1st hit), b,f+K, down+P, ff+A, b,f+K, f+K, b+dp+P = 357 dmg (up to 413 with jump in)
-Max Cancel Combos
- cr. B, cr. B, max cancel (BC), cl. D, f+B (1st hit), rdp+BD, b,f+K, f+K, up+P, hcb+BD, f+K, ff+A, hcb+K = (332 dmg)
(A fast combo from light normals, most often implemented into a max cancel. Depends on position. If midscreen you would have to quickly dash after EX command throw.)
- crossup j. C, cl. D, f+B (both hits), max cancel (BC) cl. D, f+B (1st hit), rdp+BD, b,f+K, f+K, up+P, hcf+BD, f+K, ff+A, hcb+K = (421 dmg)
Ending in level 2 rave.
- crossup j. C, cl. D, f+B (first hit), qcb+P, f+K, b,dp+AC = (502 dmg)
- cl. D, f+B (1st hit), b,f+K, down+P, ff+A, b,f+K, f+K, b,dp+AC = (455 dmg) (up to 505 with jump in)
Max cancel ending with level 1 rave.
- cr. B, cr. B, cl. B max cancel (BC), cl. D, f+B (1st hit), rdp+BD, b,f+K, f+K, up+P, b,dp+P = (355 dmg)
- rdp+K, qcfx2+BD = (466 dmg)
- cl. D, f+B (1st hit), b,f+K, down+P, ff+A, b,f+K, f+K, qcfx2+BD = (530 dmg) (up to 569 with jump in)
- cl. D, f+B (1st hit), qcb+P, f+K, b,dp+P, qcfx2+BD = (622 dmg) (up to 646 with jump in)
(Climax cancel at last hit of rave super.)
- cl. D, f+B (1st hit), b,f+K, down+P, ff+A, b,f+K, f+K, b,dp+AC, qcfx2+BD = (650 dmg) (up to 700 with jump in)
(Climax cancel at second to last hit of rave super.)
KoF XIV: Angel Beginner Breakdown
Angel (Not So) Quick Combo Guide - The King of Fighters XIV (KOFXIV)
ANGEL Beginner's Guide! - KOF14 - All You Need To Know!
KoF XIV for Dummies - Beginner's guide to playing Angel
Angel Slow Motion Hitboxes
KOF XIV 2.0 Angel compilation
アンヘル 基本コンボ集 ver1.12 Angel Basic Combos 【KOF14 KOFXIV】
Discuss at Dream Cancel