One of the cybernetically modified humans created by the secret syndicate known as NESTS. Her fighting style is something she calls "Perfunctory♥", which is an unorthodox fighting style that makes use of an 'unchain' system that involves multiple throw techniques.
All this means she has unparalleled strength when up close. She loves to joke around, and her personality isn’t something one can pin down. Leaving her life in Mexico behind, she joins Krohnen and enters KOF.
Run Speed Ranking: 5
Ángel is a rushdown character that excels in pressuring her opponent with the Unchained (UC) System.
- Unchained System: Angel's gameplan is centered around her "Unchained System", which comprises her specials. Angel has three sets of specials: Unchain Starts, which begin the chain, Unchain Circle, which continue the chain, and Unchain Finish, which end the chain. Each one of these categories has at least six different variations, allowing Angel unprecedented approach, pressure, and combo opportunities.
- Flexibility: Angel has a huge number of tools to help her out in battle. Several Unchain Starts help her contest neutral or defend against her opponents approach, which lets her adapt to her opponents gameplan easily.
- Massive Damage: Outstanding meterless damage. Achieving upwards of 40% damage without burning meter is not out of the question.
- Terrifying Mixups: Angel's left/right game is absurd with her j.C, which crosses up incredibly well. Her high damage allows her to two-touch most characters and vortex them back into the mixup all over again. She has everything a pressure character could want, including command grabs, frame traps, and even an honest-to-god unblockable for catching the hardest of turtles.
- Complex: It cannot be understated, but Angel is really hard to learn past a beginner level. While specific Unchain series can be easily learned to help get started, Angel players will have to put time and effort into learning what each one of her chains can do and how best to use them in certain situations. This is on top of the execution required to remember over 20 individual specials and Unchain series moves and when to use them. While Angel can be very rewarding to learn, this is balanced out by being very hard to learn as well.
- Awful Neutral: Angel's neutral is fairly poor. All of her low-committal pokes like f.B and f.C are easily counter-poked, her anti-air 2C is awful, and her longer-range pokes are incredibly slow and punishable. This requires her to make hard reads against her opponents to get in.
Ángel is a very, very strange and complex character in comparison to the rest of the cast, in part due to some unorthodox normals and mostly due to her Unchain system. Ángel's Unchain system allows her to cancel a set of special moves into another set of special moves into another set of special moves to confuse and mix up the opponent. She has multiple different lows, overheads, and command grabs and ways to set them up. However, actually pulling off these commands is a different story. Ángel's inputs aren't necessarily hard, rather they're very unusual, akin to Mortal Kombat or Tekken inputs. She is a different beast compared to everyone else in the game, but can be very rewarding for those who put in the time and effort to master her. Outside of her complexity, Angel is a powerful brawler who excels at close range. Her Unchain System allows her lots of variety in her approach, punish, and pressure games, and getting put in the corner against her is a death sentence. Angel's biggest weakness outside of her complexity is her neutral- as a brawler, Angel will have to force her way in against her opponents. Her pokes are terrible and her approach is very committal, making it easy to push her back. If they can successfully keep her out then it can be hard to run her game properly. Angel functions best on point, where her high damage potential and good meter build allow her to vortex the enemy team to death.
(*) = EX OK
(!) = MAX OK
Tekitou Rush - close / +
Shadow Behead - close / +
Middle Spin - +
Heavy Knee Attack - + (Midair Only)
Red Sky - + / (*)
Mad Murder - + / (*)
- Unchain • Low - +
- Unchain • Heel - +
- Unchain • Tornado - + /
- Unchain • Blow - + / (*)
- Unchain • Step - + / (*)
- Unchain Circle
- Circle • Upper - after Unchain Start, + /
- Circle • Sobat - after Unchain Start, + /
- Circle • Under Blow - after Unchain Start, + /
- Circle • High - after Unchain Start, + /
- Circle • Hammer Blow - after Unchain Start, + /
- Circle • Assault - after Unchain Start, + /
- Special Unchain Circle
- Circle • Feint - after Unchain Circle,
- Circle • Feint (Forward) - after Unchain Circle, +
- Circle • Feint (Backward) - after Unchain Circle, +
- Unchain Finish
- Finish • Lariat - after Unchain Circle or Special Unchain Circle, +
- Finish • Straight - after Unchain Circle or Special Unchain Circle, +
- Finish • Rolling - after Unchain Circle or Special Unchain Circle, + /
- Finish • Neck Cutter - after Unchain Circle or Special Unchain Circle, +
- Finish • Grapple Kick - after Unchain Circle or Special Unchain Circle, +
Super Special Moves
Real Rave - + / (!)
Blue Monday Counter - + / (In time with opponent's attack) (!)
Climax Super Special Moves
Ascension Time - +
Quick Combo Reference
Quick Combo Reference
2B 2A 46B~2A~6B~236C
j.D c.D 6B 214A~2B~8A~6A+B~66A 63214B
2B c.B 46D~6A(1)~66A 46D~2B~8A(whiff)~6B 4623A
j.D c.D 6B 214A~2B~8A~6A+B~66A 46D~6B 4623A
2B c.B 46D~6A(1)~66A 46D~2B~8A(whiff)~6B 4623A+C
j.D c.D 6B 214A~2B~8A~6A+B~66A 46D~6B 4623A+C
Basic Combo Starters
2B 2A 46B
- Only way to launch the opponent after this is with uc.6A(1)~66A. Must be right next to opponent for this to work.
- Followups are limited without meter or corner.
2B c.B 46D
- 46D keeps the opponent closer after launch, allowing more followups using 46D again to juggle.
- 46D does not combo from 2A.
- Works from further away compared to 2B 2A 46B.
2B c.B 214A
- Launches opponent, easiest to combo into uc.2B.
c.D 6B 46D
- Longest hit confirm off a jump-in.
- Launch opponent with uc.6A~66A.
c.D 6B 214A
- Highest damage combo off a jump-in.
- Follow up with uc.2B.
Unchain can be thought of as a complex rekka series.
- Use a Starter move. Once this move has been used, it can be canceled into an unchain circle more regardless of whether the move hits the opponent or not.
- You may cancel into any Unchain Circle (UC) move. On this wiki, Unchain Circle moves are notated as uc.8B, uc.6A, etc.
- Optionally, you may cancel UC moves into other UC moves,
- You must alternate between punches and kicks.
- You cannot repeat directional inputs between consecutive moves.
- You cannot use the same move twice within one unchain sequence.
- If the Starter was a 41236B/D/B+D that was canceled into off an UC move, you cannot cancel UC moves into each other.
- Optionally, cancel into the Unchain Special Move, a dodge (4/5/6A+B).
- Use an unchain ender. These are not cancelable into anything, however uc.66A/C can be comboed after.
- Launches on hit.
- Can be canceled into unchain circle moves before the hit.
- C version has no pushback
- EX (A+C) version is not an unchain starter.
- 46B has more pushback, making certain combos drop.
- 46D cannot be comboed into from 2A, however can combo from c.B.
- Can cancel into unchain circle moves after a minimum distance has been traveled.
- Automatically passed through opponent when you run into them. Upon appearing behind them, can cancel into unchain circle moves.
- Hits low.
- Travels forwards slightly.
- Hits overhead.
- Causes hard knockdown when you hit an airborne opponent.
- If used as an ender, you may cancel into an UC move, however this UC move cannot be canceled into other UC moves.
- Launches, but has poor range. Hard to connect in many confirms.
- Doesn't combo off anything on standing opponents.
- Can be juggled into.
- Overhead that causes hard knockdown.
- Delayed command grab that travels forwards.
- Impossible to combo into but can be used for mixups.
- 1 frame command grab.
- Go to ender for unchain series' that cannot launch the opponent.
- Poor advantage upon landing this move, sends you full screen with no possible followups.
- Best anti-airs: j.A, f.D, f.B
- Angel's anti-airs are generally speaking weak. Your best bet is to try to intercept their jump-in with your own rising j.A. This requires acting somewhat preemptively, and hitting them before their jump attack becomes active.
- Angel's backdash can be canceled into j.2D. To do this, simply backdash with 454, then slide to 1D before you hit the ground. This allows you to backdash slightly faster, and the j.2D has a chance to hit the opponent, especially if you're cornered.
- Unchain can be used for movement. Tricky to use and not required for starting the character.
- 41236K unchain dash can be used to approach off canceled attacks, such as canceling 5C+D
- 41236K is good to quickly cross through the opponent. This can be used for mixups and possibly avoid some attacks but don't rely on this.
- During unchain dash, you have access to unchain circle moves after a short minimum distance. You can input 7A+B, 8A+B, or 9A+B to get a quick uc.8B which will immediately cancel into dodge, which can then be optionally cancelled into an unchain ender.
- uc.2B covers a lot of distance quickly, however is unsafe as it is fairly easy for an aware opponent to punish you. Angel can actually be thrown before uc.2B hits.
- 41236K unchain dash can be quickly canceled into itself with the uc.8B whiff cancel trick. To do this, start unchain dash with 41236K, then input 412369B. This will make Angel whiff uc.8B and immediately cancel into another dash. Use this to extend the range of unchain dash.
- Alongside the dodge (4/5/6A+B) to avoid attacks and projectiles, this allows you to move (in a somewhat stilted way) while retaining quick access to your unchain options.
Far Standing Normals
Close Standing Normals
Heavy Knee Attack
Unchain – Low
Unchain – Heel
Unchain – Tornado
Unchain – Blow
Unchain – Step
Circle – Upper
Circle – Sobat
Circle – Under Blow
Circle – High
Circle – Hammer Blow
Circle – Assault
Special Circle – Feint
Finish – Lariat
Finish – Straight
Finish – Rolling
Finish – Neck Cutter
Finish – Grapple Kick
Super Special Moves
Blue Monday Counter
Climax Super Special Moves