The King of Fighters 2002 UM/Benimaru Nikaido
- cl. A/B/C/D are cancel-able.
- Close B has a rather far activation range.
- Close C and D has far pushback on block, and is cancel-able on block as well.
- Stand A/B/C whiffs on crouching opponents.
- Stand A is jab that has short horizontal range, but is neutral on block.
- Stand B is a great poke for stopping incoming hops.
- Stand C can be used together with stand B for stopping hop attacks but it's a bit slower. The ranges are almost the same distance.
- Stand D is a good poke for mid to close range distances and has brief lower body invincibility. It has a farther distance than stand B and it moves Benimaru forward a bit.
- cr. A/B/C/D are cancel-able on hit and hit.
- cr. B/D are low attacks while cr.A/C are high attacks.
- cr. B is a good low poke to use at close range and good to start combos.
- cr. B can only be blocked low.
- cr. D is a good sweep that has good range, which is a bit less than stand B, but more than cr.B.
- j. B & j. C are jump cancel-able
- j. A is a quick jab which can be used air-to-ground, or to jump away ground-to-air
- j. B is a knee that can cross-up on opponents with higher crouching heights and can be used air-to-ground or close ranged air-to-air
- j. C can be used ground-to-air and is cancel-able to his j.down + D
- j. D is a great cross-up and can be used air-to-air, and to start combos from air-to-ground
- st. CD is a short ranged sobat roundhouse that is cancel-able
- j.CD is a jumping dropkick that can be used for attacking ground-to-air
Catch and Shoot: (b/f + C) close
- Benimaru grabs the opponent then kicks them in the mid-section. The opponent lands at corner of the screen
- Soft knockdown
Front Suplex: (b/f + D) close
- Benimaru grabs the opponent then suplexes them on the other side. The opponent lands half screen distance away
- Hard knockdown
Okizeme/Wake-up Advice: Can be used to cross-up with j. D, or empty jump into command throw, or cr. B, etc. Experiment with different moves and approaches!
Spinning Knee Drop: in the air and close, (b/f/down + C)
- Benimaru grabs the opponent mid-air, then slams them down with a knee press
- Hard knockdown
Jacknife Kick: f + B
- A stand-alone special & super cancel-able soccer kick
- Unsafe if blocked
Flying Drill: in air, down + D
- Benimaru's twirling downward diagonally angled dive kick
- Possible to rack up to 5 hits if placed at the right height or distance
- Can be performed from a hop or jump
- Neutral on block with a decent amount of push-back
Raijinken: qcf + A/C
- A version hits horizontally and only standing and crouching opponents which does 3 hits. Can be comboed from hard attacks. Pushes the opponent back on block, but it doesn't push Benimaru back, so he can be punished if he performs this on a cornered enemy. The lightening ball can actually miss if he his TOO close to the opponent, which he will be open to punishment.
- C version hits diagonally for 3 hits and whiffs on standing and crouching opponents. It doesn't have any invincibility at the start, so it can't be used as an reversal. It's start up is decent, and covers a fair amount of area, so it can be used as a pre-emptive anti-air against those jumping in from a far distance, or to even catch enemies trying to jump out of corners to escape.
Kuuchuu Raijinken in air, qcf + A/C
- Can only be performed while doing a regular jump or a superjump. Performs 3 hits, and Benimaru pauses briefly in the air while activated. The hits do not knockdown, and are safe on block.
Shinkuu Katete Koma - qcb + A/C
- Benimaru spins on one hand to deliver low height horizontal spin kicks that lock the opponent in for the first few hits then knock them towards the corner
- A version (light punch) does 3 hits and knocks the opponent 3/4 screen distance toward the corner. Can super cancelled on the 2nd hit.
- C version (heavy punch) does 5 hits and knocks the opponent to the corner. Can be super cancelled on the 2nd to 5th hit.
- Cannot be used to evade projectiles
- Soft knockdown
Super Inazuma Kick - dp + B/D
Iai-geri - qcf + B/D
> Handou Sandan Geri - (after Iai-geri) d,u + B/D
Benimaru Collider - close, hcb, f + A/C
> Benimaru Shoot (after Benimaru Collider) - qcf + B/D
Raikoken - qcf x 2 + A/C
Gene'i Hurricane - qcb x 2 + B/D
Super Desperation Move
Raikoken: qcf x 2 + AC
Raijinten Raijinten - f, db, df, b, f + A or B or C or D
Discuss at Dream Cancel
Benimaru Master Class: