The King of Fighters 2002 UM/Iori Yagami
Super Desperation Move
- cl. A/B/C are cancel-able.
- cl. A can be canceled into his f+A, A command move, and chained into his cl.B
- cl. B is a low attack which has a close activation range.
- cl. C is one of the fastest close normals with a start-up around 2 frames. It's good for a quick close punish, and for stopping opponents jumping above your head.
- cl. D doesn't cancel into anything but it's good for a quick anti-air to stop opponents from jumping out of the corner.
- Stand A/B/D are not cancel-able at all.
- Stand A is 4 frames on block which is a good for poking at a close range to bait and block Guard Cancel Attacks. The distance on the stand A is rather short, though.
- Stand B is a good close range poke that is aimed at the opponents lower midsection. It is fast, had great recovery, and can be used to frame trap opponents with his qcb+A rekka.
- Stand C has a good attacking distance but poor recovery. It's good for moderately far punishes in close range. Be sure not to freely throw this out on whiff because its recovery is poor.
- Stand D is good for preemptively stopping hop attacks but it's whiff recovery is bad.
- cr. A/B/C are cancel-able on block and on hit.
- cr. A is chain-able into cl.B and cr.B. It has good range and is also neutral on block.
- cr. B will be used a lot for his high low/pressure, rush down and for starting combos. When running at your opponent, use this to stop your dash and to throw out a quick low attack, next to hyper hopping j.C.
- cr. C can be used to anti-air opponents but it might trade sometimes if timed incorrectly.
- cr. D isn't cancel-able on hit or on block, so whiffing it or having it blocked can leave you wide open. Use with caution.
- j. A has a rather sharp downward angle which can be good to use next to his j.C because it start quicker.
- j. B is had a very good horizontal range which is good for air-to-air attacks, and stopping incoming hop pressure if used jumping neutral, or jumping away. Be careful because it whiffs on crouching opponents.
- j. C is a very deep jump-in which will always hit crouching opponents, no matter if they are using a normal attack that can be used as anti-air against certain jumping attacks. It is also fairly hard to anti-air against as well on wake up. Use it to fully utilize his annoying high/low mixup game on a fallen opponent, or to pressure at close range next to his cr.B. It's a little weak as an air-to-air normal, so use j.B for that purpose.
- j. D can be used as an air-to-air attack during certain ranges, and as a good jump-in, but it may miss on crouching opponents if performed too early.
- Iori's shoulder thrust is cancel-able on block and hit, which has a fair good activation range. You can try to use it as a preemptive anti-hop attack, but it isn't guaranteed.
- j.CD comes out rather quick, and has a good downward angle which is good for jump-in and hyper hops. It whiffs on crouching opponents though.
Reverse Skinner - f/b + C
Double-reverse Skinner - f/b + D
Dream Blast - f + A, A
Thunder Axe Shadow Reaper - f + B
Lily Breaker - in air, b + B
Fireball - dp + A/C
- Super cancellable
Dark Thrust - qcf + A/C
- Ground fireball
Deadly Flower - qcb + A/C
- Can be used up to 3 times in a row
Dark Crescent Slice - hcb + B/D
- Command grab
Scum Gale - close, hcb, f + A/C
Maiden Masher - qcf hcb + A/C
> Wolf Bloom - During Maiden masher, qcf x 4 + AC
Flame Comber - qcf x 2 + B/D
Super Desperation Move
Maiden Masher - qcf hcb + AC
Flame Disentangle - qcb hcf + AC
Discuss at Dream Cancel
Iori Master Class