Difference between revisions of "The King of Fighters XI/Gauges"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "===Shift=== (image here) The bar fills only over time (automatically) '''Neutral Shift''' :Input: Light Punch + Heavy Punch / Light Kick + Heavy Kick :LP + HP changes to...")
Latest revision as of 17:03, 17 May 2020
The bar fills only over time (automatically)
- Input: Light Punch + Heavy Punch / Light Kick + Heavy Kick
- LP + HP changes to the 2nd character (i.e. the one who is closer to the portrait of the currently active character)
- LK + HK changes to the 3rd character (the one who is further away from the portrait of the currently active character)
- The neutral shift/tagout has some startup (the character plays an animation before jumping out), and the character that comes in has no invulnerability (it can be hit by Super, for example)
- Input: Light Punch + Heavy Punch / Light Kick + Heavy Kick while attacking your opponent
- Costs 1 shift stick
- Your own character jumps out and the next one jumps in (fast enough to attach a jump-in when falling).
- Essential for advanced combos, and can also be used for mixup (sometimes, depending on the setup, the character simply ends up behind him instead of in front of the opponent).
- The same rules as for the normal shift apply to the order of the characters.
Safety (Saving) Shift:
- Input: Light Punch + Heavy Punch / Light Kick + Heavy Kick while being hit
- Costs 2 shift stocks
- Save your character from a combo, similar to a burst in Guilty Gear. However, this only works if your character is still standing (it must not be juggled).
- The shift-in afterwards has an attack automatically - if it hits counter hit, you can even combo it (e.g. with K ', Chain Drive; or Gato, smalljump jD)
- The shift has limited invulnerability, but can be hit by certain attacks (e.g. if you shift a normal safety and the opponent has already canceled the normal into a super).