Chizuru Kagura is a descendant of the Yata clan, one of three powerful clans entrusted with the Sacred Treasures capable of sealing away "Gaia's Will", otherwise known as Orochi. Her fighting style resembles traditional Japanese dancing, while her access to the Kagura Style of Ancient Martial Arts allows her to seal away her opponent's abilities.
She convinces heirs of the other two clans, Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami, to once again join forces and enter the latest KOF in the hopes of revealing the powers behind the appearance of the being known as Verse and the weakening of the seal on Orochi.
(*) - EX OK
(!) - MAX OK
Rei Getsu - (close) / +
Kai Ten - (close) / +
Jo Katsu Zheng Zheng - +
Jo Katsu Cang Cang - +
Jo Katsu Cong Cong - +
212 Katsu Otsu Shiki Choumon no Issin - + / / / (*)
212 Katsu Shinsoku no Norito - + / / / (*)
- ┗ Stop - / / /
- ┗ 212 Katsu Shinzoku no Norito Ten Zui - + / / /
100 Katsu Tenjin no Kotowari - + / (*)
108 Katsu Tamayura no Shitsune - + / (*)
Super Special Moves
Uramen 85 Katsu Reigi no Ishizue - + / (!)
Uramen 1 Katsu San Rai no Fujin - + / (!)
Climax Super Special Move
Uramen 31 Katsu Kyuusen no Jouhari - ++
Quick Combo Reference
Quick Combo Reference
2B 2B 5B 214C~P = 144 dmg
2B 2B 5B 236A (easier) = 140 dmg
2B 2B 5B 214AC~P, 6B 214D~K~214K = 298 dmg
2B 2B 5B 214AC~P, 6B 623C = 305 dmg
2B 2B 5B 214AC~P, 6B 214BD~K~214K, 623C = 396 dmg
2B 2B 5B 214AC~P, 6B 214BD~K~214K, 236A 2141236P = 453 dmg
Chizuru is a character who focuses purely on confusing her opponents with her clone moves.
Due to the nature of this gameplan, she also focuses on zoning and applying various mixups and crossups, especially when a clone is creating a visually confusing chaos on the screen. Chizuru isn't a very beginner friendly character, due to the complexity of her moves. There is tons of unexplored potential yet to be found with her. Chizuru is a perfect character for players who like visually confusing offense.
- Clones: Chizuru's defining aspect are her many clone specials that can be used to fake out, pressure, zone, and anti-air opponents. Not only do they let her perform multiple roles, but they do them incredibly well.
- Massive Damage: The way Chizuru's juggles work allows her to get incredible damage and burn meter on EX moves to destroy healthbars, all on reaction to the situation.
- Reigi no Ishizue: While Chizuru's supers deal low damage, her 2141236P super in particular allows her to debuff her opponents: preventing the use of any specials. While this is active, Chizuru can mount an incredibly oppressive offense with little care for retaliation, as the opponent will not be able to DP or even do so much as combo her from abare.
- Incredible Ground Normals: A far cancelable 5B, a massive 5D, a good standing overhead, a large FRAME TWELVE stand CD, and great range on almost all her pokes. Chizuru has anything you would ever want in a character's normals.
- Inflammatory Guard Pressure: Chizuru's entire pressure game is based on draining the opponent's guard gauge, forcing them to act, and punishing them for daring to escape. This puts Chizuru's pressure among the best in the game. So while she has little in the way of mix, she more than makes up for in how safe she can be while baiting out all of your moves.
- Difficult and Obtuse: Chizuru's massive moveset, high APM, and tight combos and confirms will take an incredible amount of getting used to. Thankfully, she is not punished much for dropping, but she will end up dropping more things than other characters.
- Floaty: Chizuru is incredibly, incredibly floaty. With both a long jump time and quite possibly the worst jump arc in the game, Chizuru's incredible strengths are in service of alleviating this major weakness: Having Street Fighter jumps in KoF.
- Bad Okizeme: Chizuru barely gets many highly advantageous situations when she gets a knockdown due to her optimal combo routing. However, due to the nature of her pressure and her as a whole, this is not as big of an issue on her as it would be for other characters.
Far Standing Normals
Close Standing Normals
Jo Katsu Zheng Zheng
Jo Katsu Cang Cang
Jo Katsu Cong Cong
212 Katsu Otsu Shiki Choumon no Issin
212 Katsu Shinsoku no Norito (P)
212 Katsu Shinzoku no Norito Ten Zui (A/C)
212 Katsu Shinsoku no Norito (K)
212 Katsu Shinzoku no Norito Ten Zui (B/D)
100 Katsu Tenjin no Kotowari
108 Katsu Tamayura no Shitsune
Super Special Moves
Uramen 85 Katsu Reigi no Ishizue
|Uramen 85 Katsu Reigi no Ishizue
Sono chikara... FUUJIMASU! Sono chikara... FUUJIMASU! |
Uramen 1 Katsu San Rai no Fujin
Climax Super Special Moves
Uramen 31 Katsu Kyuusen no Jouhari