A fighter with power over the earth, Yashiro is the lead guitarist of the rock group C.Y.S. However, this is all a front as, for the past 660 years, he has underwent multiple reincarnations as a member of the Four Heavenly Kings of Orochi, which are the true enemies of the Three Sacred Treasures. He and fellow teammate Shermie sacrificed themselves to undo the seal of Orochi and grant his power to Chris during the '97 tournament, but Orochi was defeated by the Three Sacred Treasures soon after.
Yashiro, along with many other formerly dead fighters, was one of the lost souls trapped within the being known as Verse. He develops an interest in the mysterious powers wielded by Verse, and sets out with Shermie and Chris to join KOF once again.
(*) = EX OK
(!) = MAX OK
Liver Blow - (close) / +
Hatchet Throw - (close) / +
Regret Bash - +
Step Side Kick - +
Missile Might Bash - + / (*)
Upper Duel - + / (*)
Jet Counter - + / (*)
- Jet Counter Still - + / (*)
Sledgehammer - + / (*)
Super Special Moves
Final Impact - + / (!)
Variable Bash Stream - + / (!)
Climax Super Special Moves
Ultimate Billion Bash - ++
Quick Combo Reference
Quick Combo Reference
2B > 2A > 2A > 214A = 151 dmg
c.D > 6B > 41236A ~ 236C = 240 dmg
c.D > 6B > 214C, 623A = 280 dmg
2B > 2A > 2A > 214AC, 41236AC ~ 236C, 6B > 214D = 320 dmg
2B > 2A > 2A > 214AC, 41236AC ~ 236C, 6B > 623C, cl.D = 330 dmg
c.D > 6B > 41236A ~ 236C > 236236D, 6A = 410 dmg
2B > 2A > 2A > BC, c.D > 6B > 41236A ~ 236C > [SC] 236236D = 361 dmg
Yashiro is a simple character with far reaching normals and a straight-forward combo game. His special moves lack utility, but he makes up for that with a solid set of buttons, ranging from his quick and large f.B, his beefy, cancellable f.C, and great jump normals between j.A, j.D, and j.CD. His biggest weakness is his aforementioned lack of utility, making it difficult for him to deal with the more specialized tools of the stronger characters in the cast. Nonetheless, Yashiro is a great character to pick up when learning the fundamentals of KOF. Yashiro functions best mid or anchor, as having EX available makes his confirms from his great normals much more threatening.
- Easy: Yashiro has a simple, easy to understand gameplan. His low execution and solid reward make him great for teaching KOF fundamentals, which reward him well.
- Great Normals: Yashiro has many great, long-reaching normals. His j.D and j.CD give him great air control, while his f.C is very long and cancellable. 6A is a fast overhead that gives knockdown and is only -3 on block, which gives him good pressure in the corner.
- Rewarding Pokes: Due to his aforementioned great normals, Yashiro has a good poking game. He can cancel anything into good damage and corner carry thanks to Jet Counter.
- Frame Traps: Yashiro has several plus on block normals and chains with small gaps, such as lights into 6A or delay cancels into 41236A, making it scary for the opponent to press buttons when he's on offense.
- Defense: Yashiro has several good anti-airs between cl.C, 2C, and the 623P specials. He also can blow through fireball pressure with 236236P and 214BD.
- Damage: Yashiro gets incredible damage off every confirm, and ridiculous damage off lows compared to other characters with his 2B 5A 2C 6B confirm.
- Riskless: Yashiro's array of normals and specials overall mean that he doesn't need to take many risks at all, ensuring that he's very consistent at all times.
- Brawler Focus: Very little utility in his moveset, relying solely on fundamentals and close range combat. Yashiro has no fireball or any kind of safe zoning outside of his pokes, which makes it difficult for him to threaten characters sitting on a life lead and playing defensively.
- Heavily Meter Dependent: While he does great damage with meter, Yashiro is extremely reliant on it. His light conversions are awful without meter, as he does low damage and does not get a knockdown.
Far Standing Normals
Close Standing Normals
Step Side Kick
Missile Might Bash
Super Special Moves
Variable Bash Stream