Author Topic: Someone's Intro you're reading.  (Read 1830 times)

Kazuhiro

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Someone's Intro you're reading.
« on: August 05, 2011, 09:58:48 PM »
Hey guys,

Been a member for almost a year now, but I never actually posted anything on these boards. Now that I know that KOFXIII is coming out soon, my hype about this game has revived and I felt like contributing and learn more in-depths mechanics from the community by starting to post on these forums.

I have little to no experience with KOF games. I only played 98 and 02 a couple of times with my friends on GGPO at a very casual level. I know the basics and some of the advanced strategies, but I never tried to apply them by playing competitively. Other than that, I'm SSFIV Chun player and still trying to get better at that game.

In KOFXIII, I'm really interested in playing Mai/Leona/Kula in that particular order. Always loved those characters since I touched KoF games for the first time (even though I still have trouble figuring out how Leona is supposed to be played) and I'm hoping they'll work well together in this iteration of the game. Lastly, I'm still hoping B.Jenet gets into the cast for the console version as she was my favorite character in Garou. Mai/Jenet/Kula would be a dream come true, lol.  :)     

Blue

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Someone's Intro you're reading.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 09:43:52 AM »
Hey guys,

Been a member for almost a year now, but I never actually posted anything on these boards. Now that I know that KOFXIII is coming out soon, my hype about this game has revived and I felt like contributing and learn more in-depths mechanics from the community by starting to post on these forums.

I have little to no experience with KOF games. I only played 98 and 02 a couple of times with my friends on GGPO at a very casual level. I know the basics and some of the advanced strategies, but I never tried to apply them by playing competitively. Other than that, I'm SSFIV Chun player and still trying to get better at that game.

In KOFXIII, I'm really interested in playing Mai/Leona/Kula in that particular order. Always loved those characters since I touched KoF games for the first time (even though I still have trouble figuring out how Leona is supposed to be played) and I'm hoping they'll work well together in this iteration of the game. Lastly, I'm still hoping B.Jenet gets into the cast for the console version as she was my favorite character in Garou. Mai/Jenet/Kula would be a dream come true, lol.  :)     

I'm also new new here but want to say you have good taste for characters. Leona is one of my favorites e since you play Chun i'm pretty sure you'll get used to her in a basic level very fast. She looked pretty good to me for the little time i played KOFXIII, punished hard a couple of times with her V-Slash. Anyway i have little experience with the game as a player so i suggest you look up for some videos and her section in the forum to help you understand her better.

Even though Gato was my main in MOTW i always had a thing for the sexy pirate. Hopefully she's added to the cast somehow and her neomax is her LDM from XI :)

Oh and welcome to DC, Kazuhiro.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 10:43:45 AM »
Welcome Kazuhiro.  It seems that the console news have revived a lot of interest in XIII.

If you don't have access to XIII then I suggest you watch as many XIII videos with your characters as possible while in the meantime play some '02 and '98 to brush up your basics.  I know that 4leaf has great authority on Leona and The Answer knows the most about Mai right now.

You can pretty much ask anyone about Kula as she's a very popular character.

Kazuhiro

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 03:51:34 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.

@ Blue - Thanks, man. For some reason, I've always liked and picked female characters in every games I play, so Leona was an obvious choice for me when I first picked up a KoF game since she looks pretty freakin' cool. Lol.

As far as I know, I think my Chun-Li experience will help me more get used to Mai's gameplay than Leona's since I think they're pretty similar to each other in XIII. Though, we still don't know yet so we'll see what happens. I'm sure my Chun experience will not be completely wasted when playing Leona.

@ Kane - Indeed it did revive some hype. For me, I was very hyped when I first heard of the game, but with the new games coming out much sooner and the absence of a confirmed release date for this game at that time pretty much killed it. Now, I really can't wait to play it as I am getting pretty bored of fighting games I play right now.

I think I've watched every XIII videos circulating on the net right now, haha. Also, I know 4leaf is a pretty beastly Leona player as I was watching the last Southtown Ranbats stream and I believe I saw his Leona in action. I have yet to see The Answers' Mai, though. Looking forward to it.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 10:06:28 AM »
I think I've watched every XIII videos circulating on the net right now, haha. Also, I know 4leaf is a pretty beastly Leona player as I was watching the last Southtown Ranbats stream and I believe I saw his Leona in action. I have yet to see The Answers' Mai, though. Looking forward to it.

I don't think we've successfully capture The Answer's Mai in "action" yet as he's really beastly with her.  I think when the side tourney videos get uploaded then we might be able to see it.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 02:29:48 PM »
Welcome to DC :).  Yay for more Leona fans *laughs*
Old man/bad player